Chevrolet

General Udon Thani topics only!
minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: Chevrolet

Post by minimiglia » February 24, 2020, 3:48 pm

more drivel, if you have 1st class insurance they take care of everything. you are clearly clueless, once a plod always a dim wit plod

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 24, 2020, 6:59 pm

minimiglia wrote:
February 24, 2020, 3:48 pm
more drivel, if you have 1st class insurance they take care of everything. you are clearly clueless, once a plod always a dim wit plod
i don,t think you are getting the point kp is trying to make,''YES FIRST CLASS INSURANCE TAKES CARE OF EVERYTHING BUT IF THE GUY WHO HAS CRASHED INTO YOU HAS NO INSURANCE AND YOU HAVE TO CLAIM ON YOUR OWN INSURANCE,NEXT TIME YOU RENEW THE PRICE GOES UP?'' is that right?you get penalised coz somchai doesn,t have insurance?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 24, 2020, 9:44 pm

Yes that would be right, Roojai give no claims discount which would obviously be negated if Somchai drives into you while pi$$ed, while his car is modified to the point his insurance company tells him to bugger off or indeed if he has no insurance at all, pretty much the same as home.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 25, 2020, 7:32 am

No as usual , those who have their own agenda for attempting to rubbish others for highlighting a problem about which they have limited knowledge often resort to insulting responses. Most insurances here will raise your insurance or not give the following years discount ( same thing different words ) if the other driver is not adequately covered if at all.

Once I was involved ion an accident Somchai, No D/L, No Ins, No Tax , rode into me, at first the Local Plod were l,ooking to hang me out to dry, however when we ascertained the fact that if you have no L:EGAL right to be on the road, then it was NOT my fault and he was in the wrong , he was also pissed by the way.
The insurance company rightly repaired my vehicle but informed me that next years discount would not be applied. Now a sting in the tail was that I was visited by this mans family asking me to give them 10K as MY insurance company was seeking recompense from them and as they had no money Drunk Papa would go to jail , as I was NOT myself seeking money from them I refused.

That is why you have Class one or Class two insurance , the THAI INSURANCE Company deal with the other parties not you. But make no mistake as with Western Countries, Insurance companies NEVER really LOSE OUT, they will claw it all back somehow, after dealing with hundreds of accidents in my professional career I can tell you that as a fact .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 25, 2020, 7:36 am

minimiglia wrote:
I have replied to your insulting incorrect post, unlike here British Police are fully trained in all aspects of recognising a complete idiot . After over 30 years, I was fully qualified and recognised by the Courts as offering my opinions on that matter as well . Sorry, but you are an IDIOT .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 25, 2020, 8:46 am

When an uninsured girl crashed into the side of my car the assessor said I would have to claim off of my insurance and lose my no claims because the girl had no insurance and the family were skint, I went on the warpath with Roojai who quickly corrected the situation and sent out a company wide email advising all assessors that it was their job to protect their customers not the village idiot who thought it was okay to overtake a car that was turning right "because I thought I could make it", I got an apology off of Roojai and I kept my no claims.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 25, 2020, 8:48 am

What has any of this got do with buying a cheap chevy for cash
not that I would want to anyway

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 25, 2020, 9:10 am

noosard wrote:
February 25, 2020, 8:48 am
Just to complete the circle:
Post by Khun Paul » February 23, 2020, 6:15 am
Well if NO finance available for these cheap cars, then watch out apart from Porobor there will be no insurance either,.....
:^o

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 25, 2020, 9:14 am

vincemunday wrote:
February 25, 2020, 8:46 am
When an uninsured girl crashed into the side of my car the assessor said I would have to claim off of my insurance and lose my no claims because the girl had no insurance and the family were skint, I went on the warpath with Roojai who quickly corrected the situation and sent out a company wide email advising all assessors that it was their job to protect their customers not the village idiot who thought it was okay to overtake a car that was turning right "because I thought I could make it", I got an apology off of Roojai and I kept my no claims.
Well done for that Vince . I hate insurance companies with a passion after many years of having to fight for whats right on almost every claim ive had to make .
Its also in their interest , and that of the people they insure to pursue the village idiot for financial compensation for the claims made . However this is Thailand , and i doubt very much if any can be bothered .
If they did through the courts , and the said idiot had no means , then they should do a little prison time .
That may deter the other village idiots from running around with no insurance , but again T I T .
Anyways back to Chevy . Had one , never want another , dont care how cheap they get .
New price discounts will eventually filter through to used car prices , so if you get it cheap, you will have to sell it cheap .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 25, 2020, 9:33 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 25, 2020, 9:10 am
noosard wrote:
February 25, 2020, 8:48 am
Just to complete the circle:
Post by Khun Paul » February 23, 2020, 6:15 am
Well if NO finance available for these cheap cars, then watch out apart from Porobor there will be no insurance either,.....
:^o
I do know numerous people who have bought cars on finance which gives them the first years class A insurance in with the deal .. there after when the second year premium is due theres no money to pay it which is compulsory as per the finance company requirements ..
MY QUESTION IS .. what happens if these cars are not insured from the second year ?? are they repoed ? or can the person taking out the finance drop to only 3rd party class B / C or only porabor / road tax ?..

In Buriam bannork i know of a case where a few new cars starting appearing in the village and it soon became a "face' issue with some not wishing to be left behind who bought by paying down the least possible amount and taking it over the max 72 month term ..

Example .. MG cost circa 500k ,, down 40k then 9-10 k per month x 72 .. makes it a very expensive MG .. one that in most cases wasnt needed never used and the "owners" no license and never driven before... plus income based on rubber tapping bizz which is at best seasonal with at least 4 months of the year unable to tap plus depends on rubber price fluctuation.

BACK TO Chevvy .. only an observation but seems to be the Chevvy Colorado pick up truck was and still is popular here as see many on the roads ... but the saloon cars Captiva etc maybe not so ..plus the Chevvy trucks also seem to be the choice of the younger boy racer crowd who lower them modify and billow black smoke upon acceleration .. but to be fair thats a common trait in all BR pick mods.

All in all its avery crowed maket here when choosing a new vehicle inc motor bikes .. and we all have different favs .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 25, 2020, 9:43 am

saint wrote:
February 25, 2020, 9:14 am

New price discounts will eventually filter through to used car prices , so if you get it cheap, you will have to sell it cheap .
You can imagine how the used car dealers are squealing.

Got a late model Chevvy in your yard for sale at the moment, and the price is a fair bit higher than a brand new one from this sell-off. :?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 25, 2020, 9:50 am

MY QUESTION IS .. what happens if these cars are not insured from the second year ?? are they repoed ? or can the person taking out the finance drop to only 3rd party class B / C or only porabor / road tax ?..

I believe that finance company will chase up the insurance requirements of the agreement

Example .. MG cost circa 500k ,, down 40k then 9-10 k per month x 72 .. makes it a very expensive MG ..

That is or was avery bad deal

I have bought 2 vehicles on finance both with no where near that kind of interest

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 25, 2020, 10:05 am

noosard wrote:
February 25, 2020, 9:50 am

I believe that finance company will chase up the insurance requirements of the agreement

Example .. MG cost circa 500k ,, down 40k then 9-10 k per month x 72 .. makes it a very expensive MG ..

That is or was avery bad deal

I have bought 2 vehicles on finance both with no where near that kind of interest
Yes agree it is terrible deal as i pointed ou to the lady in question who hadnt even realized just how much the car was gonna end up costing her as she simply had to buy it .. im guessing these sort of rates are aimed at the rural village market where little thought or calculations are engaged prior to signing... and low down payments are used to snag the buyer.

In the past i too have bought a couple of vehicles using finance both via Toyota at excellent rates nothing like the above.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » February 25, 2020, 3:31 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
February 24, 2020, 6:59 pm
minimiglia wrote:
i don,t think you are getting the point kp is trying to make,''YES FIRST CLASS INSURANCE TAKES CARE OF EVERYTHING BUT IF THE GUY WHO HAS CRASHED INTO YOU HAS NO INSURANCE AND YOU HAVE TO CLAIM ON YOUR OWN INSURANCE,NEXT TIME YOU RENEW THE PRICE GOES UP?'' is that right?you get penalised coz somchai doesn,t have insurance?
Not true - false
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”