Will it ever STOP????

General Udon Thani topics only!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Will it ever STOP????

Post by stattointhailand » March 6, 2020, 8:58 pm

Well using the Donald J(udas) Trump system, I "personally think that its a fake figure that is really well under one per cent" 8-[

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 7, 2020, 4:44 am

Barney wrote:
March 6, 2020, 12:52 pm
Don't forget what the poms put us through way back in the 80's,
Mad Cow disease, it killed quite a few.
Oh, we've done worse than that in our time. :lol:

Go and hide behind the sofa and I'll tell you when the nasty men have gone away. :lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 7, 2020, 7:03 am

Despite hype over this and disagreeing with stats or facts which are always politicised in many caases, what is to me more worrying is the rise of Measles and other diseases known to have been eradicated in most of the western world makin g as come back due in part to PEOPLE not having their children undergoing the vaccination regime most of us went through when we were babes or very young.
We all remember pictures of people in Iron Lungs being helped to breathe and that picture stuck with me, that was more terrifying than the vaccination or pictures of children who had suffered from Polio . Boith those images remain seared in my mind as a warning about just how deadly and life threatening some illnesses are, this VIRUS is being made to look like a killer, with the media stating they died of the VIRUS , when in fact a goodly proportion have died because this VIRUS has the ability to make whatever immune suppressing illnesses you have coupled with in some cases Immune suppressing medication ( given to help you overcome a unrelated illness) a lopt worse which starts top shut down vital organs inside you hence leading to ones demise.
I note that the UK in releasing facts relating to a death also stated that the person had other medical problems as well .

Just calling it he FLU is also not correct, but the cases of people dying just from the VIRUSD with no other reported medical problems is LOW ….;VERY LOW, but all this is an estimate as countries do not all report facts the same way a confusing scenario and we the rest of World do the only thing we know that is to gently panic and wonder what the hell is going on.

Governments including this one we have here in Thailand are great at being economical with the TRUTH thereby creating a fertile ground for the FB warriors and Media Hype.

Look read, research and make your own minds up , here in Thailand you are more, likely to be injured in a vehicle accident or death if you ride a motorcycle than die from the virus.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 7, 2020, 7:48 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 7, 2020, 7:03 am
Despite hype over this and disagreeing with stats or facts which are always politicised in many caases, what is to me more worrying is the rise of Measles and other diseases known to have been eradicated in most of the western world makin g as come back due in part to PEOPLE not having their children undergoing the vaccination regime most of us went through when we were babes or very young.
We all remember pictures of people in Iron Lungs being helped to breathe and that picture stuck with me, that was more terrifying than the vaccination or pictures of children who had suffered from Polio . Boith those images remain seared in my mind as a warning about just how deadly and life threatening some illnesses are, this VIRUS is being made to look like a killer, with the media stating they died of the VIRUS , when in fact a goodly proportion have died because this VIRUS has the ability to make whatever immune suppressing illnesses you have coupled with in some cases Immune suppressing medication ( given to help you overcome a unrelated illness) a lopt worse which starts top shut down vital organs inside you hence leading to ones demise.
I note that the UK in releasing facts relating to a death also stated that the person had other medical problems as well .

Just calling it he FLU is also not correct, but the cases of people dying just from the VIRUSD with no other reported medical problems is LOW ….;VERY LOW, but all this is an estimate as countries do not all report facts the same way a confusing scenario and we the rest of World do the only thing we know that is to gently panic and wonder what the hell is going on.

Governments including this one we have here in Thailand are great at being economical with the TRUTH thereby creating a fertile ground for the FB warriors and Media Hype.

Look read, research and make your own minds up , here in Thailand you are more, likely to be injured in a vehicle accident or death if you ride a motorcycle than die from the virus.
A valid point here KP.

everyone walks out the door gets in a car truck or motorbike without really thinking about how severe the chances of an accident are .. not there fault but that of crack pot untrained sometimes drunk drugged up drivers, the roads are bloody dangerous here n thats on every given day , the chance of getting corona are way less but no one seems to relate to the fact .. as earlier mentioned youve got more chance of winning the lottery then getting corona that cannot be said about navgiting the roads here .

This corona is taking over peoples minds lives and most certainly the news networks where the government figures and hype about how its being tackled must be taken with a pinch of salt IMO.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 7, 2020, 7:53 am

Earnest wrote:
Barney wrote:
Oh, we've done worse than that in our time. :lol:

Yes it was the spread of the CofE.

But to give England fair praise in the fight for disease prevention and cures, the facility of LSHTM has been at the front of much research. I looked them up them years ago for information when I was heading off to malaria infested countries like Ghana and PNG.
And I’m sure they are on the front line with the Carona fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 7, 2020, 11:04 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 7, 2020, 7:03 am

Good points, well stated, thanks KP. I especially appreciate the following:

"...this VIRUS is being made to look like a killer, with the media stating they died of the VIRUS , when in fact a goodly proportion have died because this VIRUS has the ability to make whatever immune suppressing illnesses you have coupled with in some cases Immune suppressing medication (given to help you overcome a unrelated illness) a lot worse which starts top shut down vital organs inside you hence leading to ones demise."

The Thai health authorities are tracking the numbers of all positive viral pneumonia cases rather than the alarmist, false-positive Covid-19 cases. The focus is on reporting all those with the symptoms rather than the cause. Since there's incontrovertible evidence that a goodly amount of the younger demographic can be asymptomatic, this makes sense.

The fact that Covid-19 may soon be positively identified in your particular moobahn doesn't mean that the Black Death is upon you. Granted those with pre-existing respiratory issues and suppressed immune systems need to take more care. Those aged 60-and-up are also in the higher-risk category and that includes me with the questionable bonus of being a frequent international traveler. We can focus on taking all the preventative measures we can including self-quarantine which should not be a major issue for those that don't get out much anyway. Do all your shopping mid-week and avoid popping into town at weekends. There's more parking spaces available during the week anyway!

For my part, returning home on the last flight from Bangkok yesterday evening after 8 weeks in 5 different countries, that involved waiting until the neighbors and family had gone to bed before disrobing on the patio and then taking a shower. I placed all my traveling clothes in a bin bag for separate washing tomorrow and left the unpacking on the patio until daylight where lots of Dettol and Lysol spray was employed. The house now reeks like the old folks home that it has partially become.

The whole thing has been unarguably politicized from the get-go when in the last week of January, the WHO chose to defer making any meaningful announcement until all the well-heeled attendants at Davos had gotten home and taken care of protecting their vested interests. There's no real value in getting in a froth about how the Thai government appears to be manipulating or mismanaging stuff. They're all at it.

Stay safe, look out for each other, keep your own counsel and try and avoid feeding the mostly counter-productive, social media driven rumor mill.
Last edited by tamada on March 7, 2020, 11:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 7, 2020, 11:05 am

<double post>

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 7, 2020, 11:42 am

It is way too early to predict how this virus will go ,nobody knows or if they do they are not saying. One thing that does stand out though is the extreme measures China took to try to control the outbreak, they are very concerned as is South Korea and Iran as well as Italy. I see some people are very afraid judging by their posts and maybe they should be but we need to help each other now, not fight.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » March 8, 2020, 11:19 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 6, 2020, 4:18 pm
Barney wrote:

Excuse dme BSE originated in France, do not blame the POMS blame the EU
Were they the swine behind Brexit as well?

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 8, 2020, 12:06 pm

fredwilliams wrote:
March 8, 2020, 11:19 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Barney wrote:

How many deaths globally were caused by the mining of Asbestos in Western Australia, Coal now, I guess if you dig you will find............
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » March 9, 2020, 1:15 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
March 8, 2020, 12:06 pm
fredwilliams wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Barney wrote:

How many deaths globally were caused by the mining of Asbestos in Western Australia, Coal now, I guess if you dig you will find............
I was talking English to an Englishman.

Run along now with your petty Antipodean grudge, there's a good boy.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 9, 2020, 8:09 am

Probably not as many as the abestos mined in Canada or Russia or Italy or India

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 9, 2020, 9:24 am

James Hardie, the corporation responsible for asbestos mining in Australia will never be immune from criticism, Australian or not.

They obfuscated, and downright lied even though they were one of the major asbestos players world wide. Once the inevitable happened and the danger was no longer defensible, they mounted an immense legal campaign against victims (led by Julie Bishop as their lawyer who went on to become Deputy Prime Minister). They then moved operations to The Netherlands with shareholdings in Ireland to limit payouts. A disgraceful company.

Its not antipodean angst, it is dead accurate.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 9, 2020, 9:45 am

lol
Founder of the corp was scottish
Yes they made bad stuff
but they have stopped using asbestos
even banned in Oz since the 80s
other major countries still use it

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 9, 2020, 11:29 am

fredwilliams wrote:
March 9, 2020, 1:15 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
March 8, 2020, 12:06 pm
fredwilliams wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Barney wrote:

I was talking English to an Englishman.

Run along now with your petty Antipodean grudge, there's a good boy.
Me? Grudge? Freddie you've got it all wrong!
I love Australia, Australians, It's the Politicians I don't like, All Politicians.

Have a Bonzer day, I'll be running along.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 12, 2020, 8:30 pm

tamada wrote:
March 6, 2020, 4:29 pm
Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 12:31 pm
Please point at a single one on this list has in two months, spread faster, killed more and disrupted the world economy as badly. Early days yet but I would not be flippant about Covis-19

Nobody really knows yet, but as in previous posts expressing an uninformed opinion seems to be your forte
Agreed, nobody knows yet so what makes your similarly uninformed opinion any better than others?

Tinfoilhatting... it will be the death of you.
It's been 6 days now since this inane post Tamada, new cases in those 6 days has seen a increase of 7% a day, While I look great in a hat, I have never had one made of tin, but unlike you, I have never owned a set of blinkers either.

Officially now a pandemic, is WHO full of people who are uninformed or are you, Doodoo and your hero Rush Limbaugh the only smart ones on the planet?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 12, 2020, 9:54 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 12, 2020, 8:30 pm
tamada wrote:
March 6, 2020, 4:29 pm
Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 12:31 pm
Please point at a single one on this list has in two months, spread faster, killed more and disrupted the world economy as badly. Early days yet but I would not be flippant about Covis-19

Nobody really knows yet, but as in previous posts expressing an uninformed opinion seems to be your forte
Agreed, nobody knows yet so what makes your similarly uninformed opinion any better than others?

Tinfoilhatting... it will be the death of you.
It's been 6 days now since this inane post Tamada, new cases in those 6 days has seen a increase of 7% a day, While I look great in a hat, I have never had one made of tin, but unlike you, I have never owned a set of blinkers either.

Officially now a pandemic, is WHO full of people who are uninformed or are you, Doodoo and your hero Rush Limbaugh the only smart ones on the planet?
Dear Whistler,

Covid-19 has been pandemic since early February, before they gave it the catchy new name. I have no idea why the WHO chose to sit on their hands on this though. Do you?

Your enduring concern for what concerns me is starting to concern me. I have no idea how you came up with the Rush Limbaugh reference The guy is as boring as you... well almost. But for future reference, it's tamada, all lower case, thanks.

Yes it's serious, very serious and guess what? I didn't need stress monkeys like you or the bought-and-paid-for WHO to tell me it's serious. I had worked that out all by myself. Accordingly, for the life of me, I can't find any way to take you seriously.

Anyway, don't forget to wash your hands and read more. Lots more. I'm not sure if you are learning much from all that reading but it appears to keep you off the keyboard.

Ta,
tam

PS: How's the Covid-19 victim in Nong Bua Lamphu doing? You know, the one your personal friend family doctor mentioned to your wife?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 12, 2020, 10:11 pm

Tamada,

55. On March 6 you said nobody knew, and I was tin hatting.

Yet you now state 'Covid-19 has been pandemic since early February'. Which one is it? You cannot hold both positions, you sound like your mate Trump as well as the rest of the lunatic, right wing nut cases.

Or were you just being a keyboard warrior and could not help yourself, I suspect that is very close to the case.

You have certainly made a fool of yourself on this thread, What's more, to criticise somebody who helps their neighbours as you did, speaks heaps for your character, or lack thereof.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 13, 2020, 10:37 am

Whistler wrote:
March 12, 2020, 10:11 pm
Tamada,

55. On March 6 you said nobody knew, and I was tin hatting.

Yet you now state 'Covid-19 has been pandemic since early February'. Which one is it? You cannot hold both positions, you sound like your mate Trump as well as the rest of the lunatic, right wing nut cases.

Or were you just being a keyboard warrior and could not help yourself, I suspect that is very close to the case.

You have certainly made a fool of yourself on this thread, What's more, to criticise somebody who helps their neighbours as you did, speaks heaps for your character, or lack thereof.
On 4th March, you started a thread where you claimed to have insider information on a confirmed novel coronavirus victim (death) at your local hospital.

On 6th March, you backpedaled on the death but you continued to dig a hole citing an English-language media report that stated, "In the northeastern Nong Bua Lamphu province, the provincial public health official said today that one patient had suspected symptoms, and is now isolated in a negative pressure chamber at Non Sang hospital." You used that quote to bolster your continuing misrepresentation that Covid-19 was confirmed as being in the hospital.

I have highlighted the two key words that are contradictory.

Through 6th and 7th March, despite being advised that your chronology may be suspect, you carry on fomenting disinformation while demanding an apology from those that call your original premise as BS.

On 8th March, you are still suggesting that you are owed an apology for misrepresenting facts while promoting some fanciful difference between a unsubstantiated rumor from someone you don't know and third-hand gossip from a medical professional that you claim to know personally. You end the day posting a totally irrelevant link that confuses everyone.

At this point you abandoned that no-hope thread and mercifully S T F U.

Around 6th March, you also jumped onto this thread where I simply expressed that just because your opinion differs from mine, neither of us have any claim to having a superior or empirical knowledge. I also, rather whimsically, suggested what your headgear looked like and this has apparently upset you more than the fact that you have been unable to adequately justify your claim that Covid-19 is or ever was found in your local hospital.

With respect to my view that this has been pandemic from early February, I was traveling outside Thailand at the time and like yourself, keeping an eye on developments. Unlike you, I was relying on factual evidence and confirmed global reports not anecdotal tales and gossip from Bahn Nork. My 'early February' opinion is derived from the WHO's own, published definition of what critical, numerical point it becomes pandemic. Hence my comment regarding why did the WHO take so long to publicly declare this as pandemic when the actual numbers had already passed their criteria several weeks earlier.

You continue to suggest I am a right wing bigot by suggesting I have a kinship with Limbaugh and now Trump. I eagerly await your further, hopelessly misguided, socially awkward public flailing with invocations of Hitler, Pol Pot and the like. Actually I don't but I am sure some other members will have a giggle when you do.

I know nothing about your character other than what you present on this forum. Therefore I have absolutely no opinion on you as a person. Accordingly, you know nothing of mine so there's absolutely no need for you to pursue that avenue of thought however delightfully narrow it may be.

Ta
tam

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 13, 2020, 11:24 am

Typical keyboard warrior stuff. Screwed up right royally then tries to justify the unjustifiable. You live in Thailand yet you lambast somebody who believes in helping their Thai neighbours, that is my disdain for your character.

As for STFU, good advice, you should have heeded your own advice rather than being a smart ar$e in the first place.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”