Why the nastiness?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Why the nastiness?

Post by Zidane » March 14, 2020, 9:06 pm

747man wrote:
March 14, 2020, 7:06 pm
Dont dish it out if you cant take it back as my old gran used to say.......EXACTLY,Jon !!!
Well said Alan. That's very true. =D>

Sooo why over the years have you requested 63 posts to be deleted by the MOD,s that slated off you and Everton FC ?? :lol:

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 15, 2020, 6:34 am

I think the forum has had earlier spells that were worse than what's happening now. One trick is not to take what is on here too seriously. And opinions are just opinions; others will have different opinions.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 15, 2020, 7:33 am

GT93 wrote:
March 15, 2020, 6:34 am
I think the forum has had earlier spells that were worse than what's happening now. One trick is not to take what is on here too seriously. And opinions are just opinions; others will have different opinions.
Well boil me head .. never knew that , well done Clooso :lol: :lol:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 15, 2020, 8:19 am

And it doesn't help when sensitive posters can't appreciate others have different opinions. And then have a big whinge.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 15, 2020, 8:33 am

GT93 wrote:
March 15, 2020, 8:19 am
And it doesn't help when sensitive posters can't appreciate others have different opinions. And then have a big whinge.
Not really down to sensitivity .. theres a fine line between sharing an opinion to be informative and helpful OR chucking in an opinion to stir the sh8t pot and generate a whinge , then openly visit another forum platform and admit to doing it cos its a laff .

I post on both UM and US dont feel the need to deride one to the other .. in fact its a wee bit strange there is a thread on US "inter forum chat n banter" where members discuss UM and quite why they dont drop into both sites to read and or post is unusual .... more negative comments than banter ...forums are just a platform for sharing opinions not have to sit n chat in the same room , be best man at a members wedding or become godfather to a newborn child.

It aint rocket science ref forum use ..try to be helpful informative polite and have a laugh and enjoy it now n then , over the years ive met some really nice members from both UM and UT

OMO ..may be wrong , i was once :^o ........ a long time ago :lol: :lol:

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 15, 2020, 9:03 am

This is getting really out of proportion

I have received email with intimidation from member that had find my email, yes I should of being more clever in being anonym with my user name but there is no reason to intimidation, I have no problem with it if we are in front of each other, some Canadian brings there deficiency out of their country this is really meanness, and there is outer that don’t need to be polite because there at home

Re: Medication, Solution to Covid-19
Post by tamada » March 11, 2020, 7:52 am
W T F is "politer" when it's at home?

I have an ideal who is behind these email and I will get to the bottom of this my self

In the meanwhile I am asking the admin if here’s a gentleman to shut down all my post and my account no need to be here no more

individual Regard : to all good people here

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 15, 2020, 9:32 am

Mr. Mike-Quebec; i don t know you, but let me tell you that after 9 years on this forum i know that the forum can be very useful, fun, interesting, informative. Don t let anyone say otherwise. We live in an era where insults from, president, to pm, to big-mouth tv blasters, are hurled on a daily basis. What do you expects the cult members to do after listening to their god-like idols drag almost everyone, almost any race, almost any colour, in the mud, sewage ??? The behaviour of some so-called elite provides a green light to the fanatics to belittle, to insults, all.
Sad state of affairs. Mr. Mike-Quebec hang in there, lots and lots of good people, good advices on this forum.
Have a nice day.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 15, 2020, 10:26 am

People also ask
Is it more polite or politer?
So, although "more polite" and "most polite" seem to occur much more frequently than "politer" and "politest," both are correct.Jul 25, 2005

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 15, 2020, 10:35 am

Mike-Quebec wrote:
March 15, 2020, 9:03 am

I have received email with intimidation from member that had find my email, yes I should of being more clever in being anonym with my user name but there is no reason to intimidation, I have no problem with it if we are in front of each other, some Canadian brings there deficiency out of their country this is really meanness, and there is outer that don’t need to be polite because there at home

I have an ideal who is behind these email and I will get to the bottom of this my self

In the meanwhile I am asking the admin if here’s a gentleman to shut down all my post and my account no need to be here no more

Just send a copy of the email to the admin of UM, they know the email addresses of the people on here, let them handle it but whatever don't let yourself get bullied off of here.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 15, 2020, 12:09 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 15, 2020, 10:35 am
Mike-Quebec wrote:
I have received email with intimidation from member that had find my email....

I have an idea who is behind these email and I will get to the bottom of this my self

Just send a copy of the email to the admin of UM, they know the email addresses of the people on here, let them handle it but whatever don't let yourself get bullied off of here.
vincemunday is correct. If you are having a problem with another member here such as bullying, threats, etc., please contact me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to have a look and discuss with you.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 15, 2020, 12:11 pm

Gentlemen, I have removed a number of posts from this thread which amounted to nothing more than thinly veiled (or not veiled at all) slagging off another member. We won't have any of that here.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 15, 2020, 12:23 pm

Mike-Quebec wrote:

Don't let these keyboard fools bother you. Just a few sad grumpy old men with little else to do and no claim to fame. Carry on, Canadians don't quit.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » March 15, 2020, 3:06 pm

747man wrote:
March 14, 2020, 7:06 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 14, 2020, 4:20 pm
Earnest wrote:
March 14, 2020, 4:16 pm
A proper character but very easy to wind up.

You don't need to be nasty on here. Just drop in an off the cuff remark and wait for the reaction. I believe it's called flaming, which is against forum rules but sometimes very funny. :-#

I think some people tend to take themselves very seriously and are defensive to a degree.
Fine line between daft banter , flaming and down right nastyness..

Dont dish it out if you cant take it back as my old gran used to say.

DM
Dont dish it out if you cant take it back as my old gran used to say.......EXACTLY,Jon !!!
couldn,t agree more 747man,but it would be good if you could practice what you preach, i had to look twice when i read your post,to make sure it was really you?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 15, 2020, 7:14 pm

I made what I thought was a humorous post on the same thing yesterday but, unfortunately, it has been deleted.
Never mind .There are much more important things going on in the world at the moment.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 15, 2020, 8:32 pm

Zidane wrote:I made what I thought was a humorous post on the same thing yesterday but, unfortunately, it has been deleted.
Never mind .There are much more important things going on in the world at the moment.
Perhaps using censorship is actually a veiled attempt at nasty-ness.
Zidane I did not see you humorous post, you have never come across with that nasty impression, maybe I did see it and just took it for what it was tongue in cheek, some don’t get the joke at times.
Censorship is now, perhaps, being used not only on the particular thread but on others where the UM have officially enforced certain conditions to help a thread starter to ensure if you don’t , walk the 1984 line l, you are not welcome to post.
, Sad days indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » March 15, 2020, 10:11 pm

Zidane wrote:
March 15, 2020, 7:14 pm
I made what I thought was a humorous post on the same thing yesterday but, unfortunately, it has been deleted.
spot on zid,it was a humorous post but at the same time a very relevant post,can,t help thinking her indoors reported it? its

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 16, 2020, 7:24 am

Zidane wrote:
Never mind. There are much more important things going on in the world at the moment.
Barney wrote:
March 15, 2020, 8:32 pm
Zidane wrote:I made what I thought was a humorous post on the same thing yesterday but, unfortunately, it has been deleted.
Perhaps using censorship is actually a veiled attempt at nasty-ness.
Zidane I did not see you humorous post, you have never come across with that nasty impression, maybe I did see it and just took it for what it was tongue in cheek, some don’t get the joke at times.
Censorship is now, perhaps, being used not only on the particular thread but on others where the UM have officially enforced certain conditions to help a thread starter to ensure if you don’t , walk the 1984 line l, you are not welcome to post.
, Sad days indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
March 15, 2020, 10:11 pm
Zidane wrote:
Never mind. There are much more important things going on in the world at the moment.
spot on zid,it was a humorous post but at the same time a very relevant post,can,t help thinking her indoors reported it?
After I saw these posts, I took another look at Zidane's post that had been removed. Turns out that I initially misread it, and then removed it in the general thread cleanup. The post has been restored. Please accept my apology.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 16, 2020, 7:42 am

Quite strange really as out of about 20 members on this thread 16 of them are some of the main culprits of abuse so its obvious they do not know that they are doing it and think themselves as being nice people .
It has stopped anyone who thinks outside the box and does not follow the herd from posting making this forum so sterile and boring it is now to me dead .I speak from experience from when i first joined and questioned a few ads on the classified which i later found out were 100% scam i was attacked viciously for asking questions even by udon map and got punished then and still am being punished. Sames as the supermarket thread , all i said they were always empty and the clique on here all attacked me and have did so on every post i have made since . They only disagree because of who i am and not what i say .
Used to read udon map every day but now a few times a month . All the characters and outspoken people are either banned or dont want to post because of the clique they know they will be attacked.
I only looked at this forum today to find out any info on the virus in thailand as there is very little info on thai networks find 3 threads all full of bickering .
This forum needs a cull and start again

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 16, 2020, 7:51 am

Udon Map wrote:
March 15, 2020, 12:09 pm
vincemunday wrote:
March 15, 2020, 10:35 am
Mike-Quebec wrote:
I have received email with intimidation from member that had find my email....

I have an idea who is behind these email and I will get to the bottom of this my self

vincemunday is correct. If you are having a problem with another member here such as bullying, threats, etc., please contact me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to have a look and discuss with you.
I’m sorry there’s two sides to a story , it’s a serious accusation which needs to be investigated.I await the report back from Udonmap.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 16, 2020, 8:16 am

Regarding the topic watching my child growing up it reminds me of my own childhood and waking up each day in the pursuit of things that made me happy.If this forum is anything to go by it seems in our later years we wake up in the search for things that make us unhappy, an endless search for negative stories from across the globe.Id say the internet must play a big part which has caused a major self isolation in itself.It also takes me back to the days of fellow workers nearing retirement age down the pub at lunchtime with human interaction rather than staring down at a phone , many enjoyable times had.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”