International mail.

General Udon Thani topics only!
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

International mail.

Post by Old Grumpy » March 31, 2020, 6:38 pm

If you are waiting for mail from UK this link may help youhttps://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/520/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTg1NjU0MzA4L2dlbi8xNTg1NjU0MzA4L3NpZC9mVW1xMFhzQVNwTVBpJTdFd0pKRzVvaGhWODA3c

Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Udon Map
Admin

Re: International mail.

Post by Udon Map » March 31, 2020, 6:46 pm

On a related but slightly different topic, there was a sign in the window of my local post office saying that the U.S. Postal Service is not accepting packages for international mailing. No mention of envelopes.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 31, 2020, 6:48 pm

I've posted an important letter to the UK, heaven knows when it'll get there.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 1, 2020, 6:44 am

And I'm awaiting a small parcel from Adelaide - Express Post, according to tracking it left Melbourne a week ago air freight.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 1, 2020, 7:30 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
March 31, 2020, 6:38 pm
If you are waiting for mail from UK this link may help youhttps://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/520/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTg1NjU0MzA4L2dlbi8xNTg1NjU0MzA4L3NpZC9mVW1xMFhzQVNwTVBpJTdFd0pKRzVvaGhWODA3c
Though it would be better if you tried https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... vaGhWODA3c

Though it is better to enter the tracking number into the Thai Track&Trace system

https://track.thailandpost.co.th/
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » April 1, 2020, 8:47 am

Last week I received a letter from a Government office UK.They wanted to know why I had not responded to two previous letters,stating the date the letters were sent.Simple,I never received them.The letters contained a very important report.Luckily for me I got the 3rd letter and have since filled in the report.But to have received only one letter out of three is scary,particularly when in this case it involved money payment.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » April 1, 2020, 9:10 am

At least some Nordic countries do not deliver mail to Thailand now. Including letters. From mid March. DHL, UPS and similar working.

My 3 important letters were sent before that and I got those from Udon main post office, not delivered to home. In fact calling to post office made them to send to gate.

It is better to ask from post office also.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 1, 2020, 9:13 am

It took TP two weeks to deliver something from Lazada, all it kept saying on the tracking was "pending delivery", strangely after sending them an email I got it the next day.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » April 2, 2020, 4:31 pm

I just recieved 4 parcels from the UK, birthday presents and similar. Normal delivery time is 7-8 days. These 4 took 9 days. Standard delivery from the UK, not registered... I was quite amazed.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 2, 2020, 4:42 pm

still waiting on mail from us, way over due.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 2, 2020, 10:00 pm

My wife wanted to send me some homemade masks but was told by the Khon Kaen post office that there are no airplanes sending parcels outside Thailand at the moment.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Aidennixon
udonmap.com

Post by Aidennixon » April 6, 2020, 1:50 am

Any news on when we can send international mail again from Thailand

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » April 6, 2020, 10:02 am

Aidennixon wrote:
April 6, 2020, 1:50 am
Any news on when we can send international mail again from Thailand
Any day using DHL, UPS etc. They have own planes. Normal mail use scheduled planes and those are very limited now. I am getting 2-4 international mails weekly, but through courier services.

Related to this topic... many of us get pension letters and some need to return life certificate. During this time, one possibility is to ask pension company to send using email. Then Embassy can certify that and return by courier service. I believe Government and public servicing offices have a secure email in use already.

Using Thai post can take several months. Some airlines have suspended service until end of June and it can continue if situation does not change.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”