jackspratt wrote:
April 28, 2020, 10:51 pm
vincemunday wrote:
April 28, 2020, 9:22 pm
jackspratt wrote:
April 28, 2020, 9:00 pm
Awww vince.

I don't bother, to please you.

Compared to some of the stuff you put up on the Humour thread, it is side splittingly funny. :-"
Listen bud, you live in cloud cuckoo land, you're about as funny as a sharp kick in the tabs, now jog along and go play with your friends in the unlikely case you have any.
Funnily enough vince, some of my good friends here are poms. Unlike you, they have a sense of humour. ;)
After this virus is gone, let's meet up in the Nong Prajak public toilets like we were supposed to before it started, big boy.

I'll take on the role of George Michael, and you can be Bridget Nielsen or the other bloke. ;)
Sorry Fred - I don't have the Grindr app on my phone, so I guess you sent your invitation to someone else ......?

There is probably a cute ladyboy in the village who might get excited at your avatar - should I ask around on your behalf? :love:

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by fredwilliams » April 29, 2020, 2:35 am

Recommendations are nowt short of pimping, Jack.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 29, 2020, 6:27 am

Jack, prat is a good old English word that sums you up good and proper and it’s quite apt that you include it in your pseudonym on here, I have a good sense of humour but it only shows when someone is funny, that sort of bypasses you by a long, long way. Here are the definitions, both suit you well.

Prat
/prat/
nounINFORMAL
BRITISH
an incompetent, stupid, or foolish person; an idiot.
a person's buttocks.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2020, 6:40 am

dunroaming wrote:
April 28, 2020, 9:46 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 28, 2020, 9:17 pm
My old Local was the Ironstone Wharf Inn located on the river Trent docks over looking Keadby Bridge .. had some great times in there and its still open today and more so still ran by Lexie the landlady from years n years back , her last words to me when i left to live in Thailand were .. are you gonna pay yer tab ??? and you will be back in 6 months i will pay when i get back then ., 20 plus years later and still got that tab ..
The smoke filled public bar was as ruff as ruff could be from the old boys playing 5s n 3s to the seething wives coming in to drag out the fellas .. alas too many pubs i used to frequent have closed down notably the Queens on Rowland road that opened at 6am for steel works night shift guys to hav a few pints before going home .. them days are well gone ...also the Brit / Britainia popular with Scunny utd fans on match days also fallen by the wayside...sad

DM
Maybe once you square her up she will finally be able to retire
She would do well nowadays to retire on the 2 pounds 7 pence i owed :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

i might add the 2 quid has been offered to be paid by my cousin at numerous functions there and Lex said i want see YOUNG Jon one more time before i meet my maker tell him his beer is free if he comes back !!.. i was her bestest fav customer.

Still no concrete regs on the booze ban and i need to find CHANG !!, tho i did manage to "find" a bottle of Hong Tong which with soda has the desired effect .. plenty of wine but simply not my cuppa tea so to speak.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 29, 2020, 6:47 am

An extract from Richard Barrow, Thaiger, he’s usually not far off the mark.
Attachments
5A4C39D0-E711-41EE-87F7-253BDAB20D32.jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 29, 2020, 6:50 am

It appears the 2 days grace to stock up on booze is on the cards.
It will then be up to individual governors as to how long the ban will last.
Suppose the pressure from the Brewers caused this so they can move some stock.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... s#cxrecs_s

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2020, 7:00 am

Strange way to go .. 2 day booze "grace period" is typically Thai why bother ..... and there after up to the individual provincial govenor .. , nothing is ever straight direct one regulation nationwide always a grey area which leaves uncertainly n doubt.

btw i think Friday the 1st is also a national holiday for labour day , i license to meet gather with yer work mates n get bladdered. .. UCMTSU

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 29, 2020, 7:04 am

The wife has been glued to the TV ,last night she was mumbling something about booze being able to be sold on the 1st and 2nd of may ,then apparently the sales ban kicks back in ,just enough time to stock up for another month. But who knows ? .the other thing is restaurant that are open air can re open ,but every customer has to have a 1.5 m distance between them. Now that's hard unless you have a 300 Sqm place and you'll still not be able to sell booze ,chair spacing has to be marked on the floor and chairs cannot be moved. Even the large space I have would mean just 8 people could fit in. Here we go for another month , at least golfers and fishing should be ok , sitting waiting for your catch supping on a nice ice cold water :D so anyway I need a top up of 40 cases of leo :(
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2020, 7:27 am

Will it be viable for open air (can AC places open the doors n windows) restaurants to open with the seating regs , lost revenue on booze sales not being served with the food raw materials like fresh salad n seafood etc going off and thrown away.. also will the regs be enforced FAIRLY with some ""connected"" places given a pass ???

We had planned for our bizz closure for April and May which looks like being the case.

Decision made .. DM is on the wagon .. im not gonna get anymore booze in then cant be tempted... whats more new diet n more exercise get some kgs off.

We can rebuild him .... A NEW REVITALIZED LEANER HEALTHIER DM SPECIMEN IS ON THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!!

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 29, 2020, 4:16 pm

The all new 6 million Satang man

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2020, 4:22 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 29, 2020, 4:16 pm
My no booze and fitness regime is on hold .. i was just sorting thru my well hidden adult magazine collection and i found a case of Sivili cans .. :D blooming lovely one of my favs .. 24 cans = a nice warm glow for a couple of days.

DM

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 29, 2020, 6:22 pm

As long as the local Mom and Pop near me is able to stock up during the 2 day grace period, everything will be fine. I have been able to buy whatever I need since the ban went into effect.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 30, 2020, 5:29 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 29, 2020, 4:22 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
My no booze and fitness regime is on hold .. i was just sorting thru my well hidden adult magazine collection and i found a case of Sivili cans .. :D blooming lovely one of my favs .. 24 cans = a nice warm glow for a couple of days.

DM
I dont suppose you want to share any of it Jon ?
There appears to be a few on here that would pay pretty much anything to get their daily fix .
Your a business man , think of the profit you could make , and help your new you regime . Win , win .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 30, 2020, 7:02 am

Shock - horror! I’d got into the habit of having one or two bottles of Chang before I went to bed, I’ve got a case left but for whatever reason I’ve not fancied a beer the last couple of evenings. Two things I’ve noticed, one is I don’t wake up so often through the night for a wee and the second is that as a result I wake up feeling a lot fresher! It has its downsides too, Princess my old Doberman I brought with me from the UK has to cross her legs a bit longer because I used to let her out into the garden while I went to the bathroom so I reckon she’s hoping I go back on the beer asap and the local youths who wander around the village at all hours (probably quite innocently) don’t get warned off for walking past our gate with lots of barking and growling.

Net result? I’m not too fussed if they allow beer sales or not, that’s not to say I won’t buy a few cases if they do allow it though.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 7:13 am

saint wrote:
April 30, 2020, 5:29 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 29, 2020, 4:22 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

DM
I dont suppose you want to share any of it Jon ?
There appears to be a few on here that would pay pretty much anything to get their daily fix .
Your a business man , think of the profit you could make , and help your new you regime . Win , win .
No you suppose correctly Doug
vincemunday wrote:
April 30, 2020, 7:02 am
Shock - horror! I’d got into the habit of having one or two bottles of Chang before I went to bed, I’ve got a case left but for whatever reason I’ve not fancied a beer the last couple of evenings. Two things I’ve noticed, one is I don’t wake up so often through the night for a wee and the second is that as a result I wake up feeling a lot fresher! It has its downsides too, Princess my old Doberman I brought with me from the UK has to cross her legs a bit longer because I used to let her out into the garden while I went to the bathroom so I reckon she’s hoping I go back on the beer asap and the local youths who wander around the village at all hours (probably quite innocently) don’t get warned off for walking past our gate with lots of barking and growling.

Net result? I’m not too fussed if they allow beer sales or not, that’s not to say I won’t buy a few cases if they do allow it though. .. so if mi granny had bollocks shed be my grandad
So you piss the bed , Princess pisses up the wardrobe , the loitering youths piss up yer gate and you wake up feeling ruff .. pray tell me the problem with drinking Chang you cant blame all that pissing on a couple bottles of the amber nectar..

Onnee kidden .. getting older n still fancying a drink has its draw backs n pissing more is one of them as is looking at the bra n knickers section of Kays catalogue .. so im told.

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 30, 2020, 7:16 am

I’ll have you know my Princess is far too refined too piss up wardrobes Jon! She’s not like the skanky whippets you lot use up north, she’s got class...

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 30, 2020, 8:28 am

Bad news for some, no stocking up of booze to be allowed, let’s hope this isn’t right, we will have to wait and see.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/12517/gove ... rSse929mlE

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 8:45 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 30, 2020, 8:28 am
Bad news for some, no stocking up of booze to be allowed, let’s hope this isn’t right, we will have to wait and see.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/12517/gove ... rSse929mlE
The decree and curfew were never going to be lifted this soon ... and wouldnt be suprised if the above is the outcome for now .. this is moving away from controlling C19 to becoming total power control of the nation for as long as possible.

IF IF this is correct ...then finally a decisive nationwide directive .. ITS ALL THE SAME UNTIL MAY 31st .. no easing no changes to current restrictions , no individual provincial govenors chest puffing and jockeying for position.

TBH Udon is pretty much life as normal anyway with only really a few places closed ..traffic is normal prior to C19 .. essential travel only is out the window and distancing n masks are becoming in general less and less apparent.

This will further destroy the economy now and for years to come.

The idea of a 2 day booze stock up was ill advised and silly IMO .. just means my case of Sivilai will have to be rationed from now on .

Happy Labour day tomorrow ..yeah right

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 30, 2020, 9:02 am

Vince I was under the impression that Liquor sales ARE NOT under the Emergency Decree from the Federal Government but under teh rule of each Province as was seen a month ago going into this situation. I would challenge the Newspaper on this. Therefore

Film at eleven

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 30, 2020, 9:03 am

You have far more faith in what happens and what’s decided where than me Doodoo.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”