Alcohol sales ban!

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3086
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by Doodoo » May 1, 2020, 12:38 pm

No government has faith in its citizens, nor should they This is why countries have Police, Rules, Military, Laws, Courts etc Look at what is happening in Michigan at the Legislature A Prime Example, armed Militants



User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2501
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by noosard » May 1, 2020, 12:43 pm

Just read the ban on booze is open-ended
Depends on what the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration decides

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1461
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by newtovillagelife » May 1, 2020, 12:47 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 1, 2020, 12:38 pm
No government has faith in its citizens, nor should they This is why countries have Police, Rules, Military, Laws, Courts etc Look at what is happening in Michigan at the Legislature A Prime Example, armed Militants
Huh?? Why does Thailand have the second highest road accident rate in the world?? I don't see the majority of people flaunting the rules of the road in FalangLand...so I guess they must be somewhat responsible, law abiding, and yes civilized.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3086
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by Doodoo » May 1, 2020, 1:19 pm

I dont think so
Law abiding means "I havent been caught yet"

People die on roads for a number of reasons and drivers is not only one of them. Design of roads ( the new overpass at the Tesco intersection to Nong Khai), design of the automobiles themselves, conditions of roads ice, rain, holes and more holes, time of year plays a part along with what day of the week.

tammakhun
udonmap.com
Posts: 69
Joined: November 25, 2009, 4:16 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by tammakhun » May 1, 2020, 1:38 pm

pal52 wrote:
May 1, 2020, 7:10 am
Apparently Thailand is the only country in the world which has banned alcohol sales.
I am sure that was meant to be sarcastic, but some people do believe that.

Alcohol has been banned in South Africa since March 27! In Colombia it is banned in several cities and in their 24 April decree to start easing restriction the health ministry urged the local and regional authorities to use their faculties to impose liquor bans. There are several other countries that have alcohol bans in certain cities or provinces.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by saint » May 1, 2020, 2:17 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 1, 2020, 12:47 pm
Doodoo wrote:
May 1, 2020, 12:38 pm
No government has faith in its citizens, nor should they This is why countries have Police, Rules, Military, Laws, Courts etc Look at what is happening in Michigan at the Legislature A Prime Example, armed Militants
Huh?? Why does Thailand have the second highest road accident rate in the world?? I don't see the majority of people flaunting the rules of the road in FalangLand...so I guess they must be somewhat responsible, law abiding, and yes civilized.
Really , did you just say that ? Have you driven on a motorway in the U K recently ?
To me the biggest reasons Thailand has a high road accident rate is there is no proper driving instruction , or driving test .The police do not bother enforcing any traffic regulations , unless its a petty offence at a money stop .
When was the last time you say anyone pulled over on the open highway , for say speeding , wreckless driving or such like .The roads are crap , and always get worse in the rainy season , and most of all U turns .Which to me are the most dangerous intersections of the lot , especially at peak times when vehicles making u turns are queing up in the fast lane '
Drink and more so drug abuse .Finally the might is right mentality . Ive got a bigger truck than you so im going first , or im coming through and you get the f*ck out of my way . You also have the boy racers who have moved up from a rice rocket to a small car , and think they are the mutts nuts and want to race every one they come up against .
I drive a 240 kph car and the amount of times ive had these plebs want to race me is just ridiculous , so i just potter along and let them do their thing , because it makes them feel good and probably impresses their girlfriends or whatever , although this is not just a Thai thing i must admit .
Last edited by saint on May 1, 2020, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3086
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by Doodoo » May 1, 2020, 2:22 pm

Have you driven on a motorway in the U K recently ? NOPE Last time in the Old Country was coming up 46 years ago, Thank God

As for the reasons you mentioned you have agreed with most on my argument Thank you

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by saint » May 1, 2020, 2:30 pm

Your welcome , but i was responding to NTVL post .

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1292
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by pipoz4444 » May 1, 2020, 4:44 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:09 am
However, I’ll go with irresponsible, drinking and driving, driving recklessly, no crash helmets, no license, no insurance etc how could I disagree?
Hmm, wasn't that what we were like in the 60's and 70's, our music, combined with our drink driving, our drugs,our booze parties and our nightly street car racing, I am speaking about being in Australia in those days and I am reasonably sure it was similar in the UK and USA at the same time, certainly in the 60's, I would think. :-k :-k

Is their anyone on this Forum who,
Didn't regularly get drunk in their teens and 20's
Didn't drag race their car on the streets, day or night
Didn't drink and drive
Drive without a Licence
Didn't smoke a joint or try that mushroom soup
Didn't ride their motorbike without a helmet

Didn't do at least 3 out of the 6 above, in one single night :lol: :-k :-k

My favorite song then was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU :lol: :lol: :lol: , but never knew what it really meant in those days :-k :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on May 1, 2020, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3630
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by vincemunday » May 1, 2020, 4:52 pm

Yes we were irresponsible too, I wasn't big on the drugs but I drank plenty of alcohol, those were the days when we drank more
alcohol than we used on our hands.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1292
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by pipoz4444 » May 1, 2020, 4:58 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 1, 2020, 4:52 pm
Yes we were irresponsible too, I wasn't big on the drugs but I drank plenty of alcohol, those were the days when we drank more
alcohol than we used on our hands.
As young teens, come 20 years olds, I often wonder how many litres of booze I drank per year, between from the age of 17 to 25?? :-k :-k not to mention how much money I spent on doing up the car in the hope to attract the opposite s...x :-k :-k

Now, if I have saved all that money that I spent in those years (an properly invested it at the time), then I would have missed out on the best years of my life and regretted it.? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Posts: 527
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by fredwilliams » May 1, 2020, 5:14 pm

As George Best said on live BBC when Wogan asked him to sum up his life; "I spent 90% of it drinking (and womanising), and I wasted the other 10%".

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1488
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by dunroaming » May 1, 2020, 5:16 pm

fredwilliams wrote:
May 1, 2020, 5:14 pm
As George Best said on live BBC when Wogan asked him to sum up his life; "I spent 90% of it drinking (and womanising), and I wasted the other 10%".
You missed out the fast cars bit

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1292
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by pipoz4444 » May 1, 2020, 5:39 pm

fredwilliams wrote:
May 1, 2020, 5:14 pm
As George Best said on live BBC when Wogan asked him to sum up his life; "I spent 90% of it drinking (and womanising), and I wasted the other 10%".
I wonder what the split was on that 90% :lol: :lol: =D>

pipoz4444

dragonz
udonmap.com
Posts: 466
Joined: October 24, 2017, 8:29 am

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by dragonz » May 1, 2020, 6:36 pm

I know it might be presumptous of me but is there any info on the alcohol ban or is this thread just for the rambling thoughts of those going without and have withdrwal symptoms

User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Posts: 527
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by fredwilliams » May 1, 2020, 6:57 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 1, 2020, 5:16 pm
fredwilliams wrote:
May 1, 2020, 5:14 pm
As George Best said on live BBC when Wogan asked him to sum up his life; "I spent 90% of it drinking (and womanising), and I wasted the other 10%".
You missed out the fast cars bit
And the illegal substances.

User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Posts: 527
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by fredwilliams » May 1, 2020, 6:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 1, 2020, 5:39 pm
fredwilliams wrote:
May 1, 2020, 5:14 pm
As George Best said on live BBC when Wogan asked him to sum up his life; "I spent 90% of it drinking (and womanising), and I wasted the other 10%".
I wonder what the split was on that
Is there really any need to get into Mars bars with Marianne Faithful? ;)

That was Bick Gagger, not Jeorge Mest!

Nev
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: June 1, 2007, 2:23 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by Nev » May 1, 2020, 7:07 pm

Guys

Beer is back on sale 3rd May :D says Richard Barrow in Thailand it on his FB page.

Read his post.
TA.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3630
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by vincemunday » May 1, 2020, 7:16 pm

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1488
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by dunroaming » May 1, 2020, 7:48 pm

Vince being reported everywhere now

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rom-sunday

Even Thai we. Site news confirming but only for takeaway

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”