Alcohol sales ban!

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2020, 7:10 am

Makro etc will not sell beer out of hours and the regular wholesalers work from a box or drawer!

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 4, 2020, 7:13 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 4, 2020, 7:10 am
Makro etc will not sell beer out of hours and the regular wholesalers work from a box or drawer!
Exactly what I said.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2020, 7:15 am

How does a wholesaler programme a drawer?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 7:34 am

Different enforcement regs

The alcohol sales law was introduced in 2007 and remains in place today however it has not been / never properly enforced.

All Alcohol based businesses should be VAT registered as should any business breaking over the monthly income threshold , i cant believe this is over looked by the government as so many businesses take way way over this threshold but are NOT VAT registered OR EVEN REGISTERED AT THE DBD EVEN .. loosing the government billions in tax revenues .

KP .. retailers like 7-11 , Tesco (with tills) do forbid the sales of alcohol 2pm tp 5pm and before 11am / after midnight..all other retailers such as bars restaurants should also follow this law but very very few do .. Faroh House were still are unless theyve changed recently the only place we serve who do not sell 2pm to 5pm.

These normal (none government ordered ban) times DO NOT apply to registered wholesalers buying / selling larger quantities , those holding an a certain category of alcohol sales trading license.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 4, 2020, 8:06 am

noosard wrote:
May 4, 2020, 7:03 am
Whistler wrote:
May 3, 2020, 6:30 pm
noosard wrote:
May 3, 2020, 6:20 pm
Seems civilized
you should have watched the dunny roll panic of Feb 2020 in Oz
partaking would require balls of steel
after those days I think the Oz gov to scared to ban alcohol
What have idiot horders got to do with banning alcohol in Australia???

Gov was not scared to ban alcohol, it was never a policy in the first place.
I was not saying there was a the ban in Oz, what was spoken about was the panic buying
As i posted yesterday I did a beer run
that was in Kut Chap
I arrived at 11am the shop was packed
So my quess they were selling before 11am as trucks were already loaded up
and the boss had lots of reciepts in hand as he supervized the loading of trucks
The staff were already hot and sweaty by then
So I very much doubt that your story of the cops or army stopping Tesco selling early
As I know for a fact Tesco tills are run on a timer and alcohol cant be rang up before 11am nor between 2pm and 5pm
So keep your own stories straight
I went into Lotus Kut Chap at 10:45, 4 or 5 cops/army types in uniform between door and fresh food section alongside manager who was tallish skinny guy in pale blue suit. maybe 20 or 30 customers. I finished shopping around 10:57, at which point the uniformed types had left, waited the couple of minutes and went through checkout manned by manager spot on 11.

No big crowds at all. You must have been at the other Kut Chap
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 4, 2020, 9:08 am

No I was at the whoesalers opp the post office
you sure they were not there checking on social distancing

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 4, 2020, 9:13 am

^^
The tagline shouldn't be "watching in horror", it should be "posting in error"

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 4, 2020, 9:38 am

Whistler wrote:
May 4, 2020, 8:06 am
noosard wrote:
May 4, 2020, 7:03 am
Whistler wrote:
May 3, 2020, 6:30 pm
noosard wrote:
May 3, 2020, 6:20 pm
Seems civilized
you should have watched the dunny roll panic of Feb 2020 in Oz
partaking would require balls of steel
after those days I think the Oz gov to scared to ban alcohol
What have idiot horders got to do with banning alcohol in Australia???

Gov was not scared to ban alcohol, it was never a policy in the first place.

I was not saying there was a the ban in Oz, what was spoken about was the panic buying
As i posted yesterday I did a beer run
that was in Kut Chap
I arrived at 11am the shop was packed
So my quess they were selling before 11am as trucks were already loaded up
and the boss had lots of reciepts in hand as he supervized the loading of trucks
The staff were already hot and sweaty by then
So I very much doubt that your story of the cops or army stopping Tesco selling early
As I know for a fact Tesco tills are run on a timer and alcohol cant be rang up before 11am nor between 2pm and 5pm
So keep your own stories straight
I went into Lotus Kut Chap at 10:45, 4 or 5 cops/army types in uniform between door and fresh food section alongside manager who was tallish skinny guy in pale blue suit. maybe 20 or 30 customers. I finished shopping around 10:57, at which point the uniformed types had left, waited the couple of minutes and went through checkout manned by manager spot on 11.

No big crowds at all. You must have been at the other Kut Chap
Maybe the cops/army were there to buy alcohol. Why would they be concerned with Tesco breaking the rules, they never do. Whereas the Mom&Pops bend the rules all the time.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 4, 2020, 11:14 am

No village, they were very much in 'guard' mode. All together near the entrance to the store, the fact that they disappeared a couple of minutes before 11 is an indication that the sale of alcohol was behind it, maybe there to stop dirty farangs from running amok before the anointed hour.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » May 4, 2020, 11:57 am

went with the Mrs this morning to stock up, tried 2 supermarkets and 2 wholesalers , not a box of Archer to be had , I do hope Mr DM has,nt bought them all up for his personal use ...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 12:11 pm

timmy wrote:
May 4, 2020, 11:57 am
went with the Mrs this morning to stock up, tried 2 supermarkets and 2 wholesalers , not a box of Archer to be had , I do hope Mr DM has,nt bought them all up for his personal use ...
I had a sudden urge to was h the truck ..Archa seemed to be the best option as thats closest to water n all its good for timmy .. IM NOT A FAN of your fav tipple i would rather drink the run off from the roof if we ever have any rain ever again :lol: :lol: :lol:

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 4, 2020, 12:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 4, 2020, 11:14 am
No village, they were very much in 'guard' mode. All together near the entrance to the store, the fact that they disappeared a couple of minutes before 11 is an indication that the sale of alcohol was behind it, maybe there to stop dirty farangs from running amok before the anointed hour.
Well I live in Kudjub, must be some kind of PR stunt because there are lots of other places to buy alcohol, I'm sure Tesco wasn't packed with falangs waiting to buy.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 12:23 pm

Could be worse timmy .. some chest puffing governors strutting like show cockerels have decided to prolong the booze ban .. relatively low risk provinces as well because they can :shock: [-( .

states 4 but i think its 5 if you add Sa Keaw to the 4 listed .. BURIRAM INCLUDED

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/116265 ... oze-agony/

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 4, 2020, 12:31 pm

After accusing us of being “raving alcoholics” for mentioning beer...
Attachments
BBB1569F-301C-4231-9A35-1934F01D7EF0.jpeg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 4, 2020, 1:01 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 4, 2020, 12:20 pm
Whistler wrote:
Well I live in Kudjub, must be some kind of PR stunt because there are lots of other places to buy alcohol, I'm sure Tesco wasn't packed with falangs waiting to buy.
No camera's so not sure. A couple of guys in black uniforms, a couple in Khaki. They were not buying, just chatting to the manager when we arrived. Not many in the shop and only 3 farangs, one a very bad tempered guy, I think German, long gray/white hair and beard giving the check out chick a full on scowl and demanding a plastic bag for his purchases.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 4, 2020, 1:13 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 4, 2020, 1:01 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
May 4, 2020, 12:20 pm
Whistler wrote:
No camera's so not sure. A couple of guys in black uniforms, a couple in Khaki. They were not buying, just chatting to the manager when we arrived. Not many in the shop and only 3 farangs, one a very bad tempered guy, I think German, long gray/white hair and beard giving the check out chick a full on scowl and demanding a plastic bag for his purchases.
Lots of grumpy old Germans in Kudjub.....LOL.... Is there a place where Falangs hangout, because I don't ever see a group of them together in town.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 4, 2020, 1:19 pm

Aoi's coffee shop is about the only place, but I normally see Brits and Aussies there, cant remember seeing any Germans grumpy or otherwise. Aoi is opening again on Thursday, but re-arranging for SD.

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » May 4, 2020, 2:09 pm

Nothing to do in Kutchap. A few farangs used to sit at a table near the traffic lights drinking

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 4, 2020, 2:48 pm

I this wasnt Thailand with its total fear of anything remotely like forward planing you might even think that expecting a rush at "opening time" they may have pre phoned the order so as the staff could have it ready on trollies before they arrived and then make the financial transaction at a legal time .........ok nah TIT

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”