Is it UNcommon for...

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Posts: 527
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Is it UNcommon for...

Post by fredwilliams » July 2, 2020, 12:24 am

... qualified & experienced Thais south of Isaan to relocate to this region for well-paid jobs?



User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 5030
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by Khun Paul » July 2, 2020, 7:54 am

An oxymoron at best,

samuel
udonmap.com
Posts: 609
Joined: July 31, 2014, 11:00 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by samuel » July 2, 2020, 9:09 am

fredwilliams wrote:
July 2, 2020, 12:24 am
... qualified & experienced Thais south of Isaan to relocate to this region for well-paid jobs?
qualified & experienced in doing what ???

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7863
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 9:55 am

I see that the forum's self-appointed Thai industry, employment and salary experts are getting warmed up early.

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 849
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by mech_401 » July 2, 2020, 11:29 am

who was it talking about their niece just graduated from hotel&tourism and insisted there were no local jobs? not now anyway many hotels closed

people keep opening new businesses though, every week in this city ,

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by GT93 » July 2, 2020, 2:04 pm

:lol:

I think a lot of Udon people doing well in Bangkok would want to return to Udon if they could find a job paying well. My oldest step-daughter is one of them. Finding a well paying job isn't easy. The pull of family is strong and things such as traffic make life in Bangkok less pleasant.

User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Posts: 527
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by fredwilliams » July 2, 2020, 10:54 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 2, 2020, 2:04 pm
:lol:

I think a lot of Udon people doing well in Bangkok would want to return to Udon if they could find a job paying well. My oldest step-daughter is one of them. Finding a well paying job isn't easy. The pull of family is strong and things such as traffic make life in Bangkok less pleasant.
I'm talking specifically about non-Isaan people coming to work here.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3085
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by Doodoo » July 3, 2020, 6:03 am

Fred
Read your original post
You said "qualified & experienced Thais "
Nothing about "non-Isaan people"

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by GT93 » September 2, 2020, 5:16 pm

I understood there were Thais from the more unsafe parts of the South of Thailand who had moved to places such as Udon for a less stressful life. I know one woman who did that some years ago and I was told there are others who have done this.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1488
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by dunroaming » September 2, 2020, 5:22 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 3, 2020, 6:03 am
Fred
Read your original post
You said "qualified & experienced Thais "
Nothing about "non-Isaan people"
Em he did actually, read the next which said Thais south of Issan Moving to this region

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12096
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by jackspratt » September 2, 2020, 6:48 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 2, 2020, 7:54 am
An oxymoron at best,
A xenophobic slur, as expected.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 5030
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by Khun Paul » September 3, 2020, 6:51 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 2, 2020, 6:48 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
July 2, 2020, 7:54 am
An oxymoron at best,
A xenophobic slur, as expected.
How can anyone with any degree of intelligence state that calling qualified and experienced, a racist remark, ( Unless you happen to be JS ) I know many Westerners and other nationalities that comment would man calling the comment and oxymoron would be a good description. Nothing to do with xenophobia, just the level of competence required. I know many Thais and Foreigners , qualified on paper but actually doing the job, not so good and likewise the opposite.

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1290
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Is it UNcommon for...

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2020, 10:41 am

All I would say is, the Thailand Average IQ of a Thai person, is well above that of some on this Forum =;

pipoz4444

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”