120 kph?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: 120 kph?

Post by Khun Paul » March 17, 2021, 1:00 pm

Niggly wrote:
March 17, 2021, 10:08 am
^ Touched 90 past your house the other day. Take care when reversing out & it shouldn’t interfere with your travels 👍 🚗🚗
There you are speeding on an 80kph road, what can one say , except mind the kiddies running about, killing one is certain to lead to a short term of incarceration.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 17, 2021, 7:39 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 17, 2021, 1:00 pm
Niggly wrote:
March 17, 2021, 10:08 am
^ Touched 90 past your house the other day. Take care when reversing out & it shouldn’t interfere with your travels 👍 🚗🚗
There you are speeding on an 80kph road, what can one say , except mind the kiddies running about, killing one is certain to lead to a short term of incarceration.
So just to confirm what you said before, yet again, I had to physically pass you for you to determine my speed.
I didn’t overtake anyone so how was this possible? Pray tell. Thanks
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 18, 2021, 6:56 am

As I said that comment was referring to movin g traffic, while you were passing my abode were you engaged in spying on me, by your comments it would appear so. What a deranged person you are to be sure ...lol

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 18, 2021, 10:22 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 18, 2021, 6:56 am
As I said that comment was referring to movin g traffic, while you were passing my abode were you engaged in spying on me, by your comments it would appear so. What a deranged person you are to be sure ...lol
How do you work out I was spying on you? Nobody is allowed to use the road outside your tumbledown shack is that it? It might have escaped your attention but you live on a public road opposite a rat infested, rubbish laden market.
I was driving along said public road to get somewhere as do many other people.
You have immediately deduced I was speeding from some words on the internet like last time. No evidence or witnesses whatsoever.
You need to get your delusions of grandeur under control. Not everything is about you.

Gone fishing & caught a wriggler

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 18, 2021, 10:28 am

You said you were nearly 90, nit I. I do reverse out but not often so your comment indicates you were either passing as is your right at any time , or you physically watched me reverse.
By the way your Adjectives relating to the market shows me you are a snob. At least I am not bothered by the locals burning stuff near me , which your Headman is powerless to do anything about .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 21, 2021, 2:20 pm

^ did you know if you say gullible out loud slowly enough it sounds like you're saying oranges?

Headman & burning stuff? Waaaay off topic

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2021, 2:41 pm

I know the weekend is almost up but maybe you two should go and get a room

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 21, 2021, 3:34 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2021, 2:41 pm
I know the weekend is almost up but maybe you two should go and get a room
There you go dopeydoo just for you, I’ve posted this before but it’s just as relevant to you now. Maybe you can copy & paste it onto your other thread that none cares about?
Enjoy 😉

The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched & have been barely explored.
Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone & travels deep into the earth & forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small transparent fish have evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface & have never been seen by the human eye.
These fish care more about what you think I should maybe do than me.

Next

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » March 21, 2021, 3:51 pm

Niggly wrote:
March 21, 2021, 3:34 pm

The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched & have been barely explored.
Interesting fact. Did you know that, despite its length, there are no bridges spanning the Amazon.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 21, 2021, 4:06 pm

samster wrote:
March 21, 2021, 3:51 pm

Interesting fact. Did you know that, despite its length, there are no bridges spanning the Amazon.
As a matter of fact, I didn’t know, cheers 👍

[Off topic comment removed by Moderators.]

You’re welcome 😉

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 22, 2021, 7:31 am

Gedtting back on track and following the press release of the expected rules for this new speed limits, Coupled with experience here and as we all know, I forsee disasters waiting to happen as those travelling in the outside lane which has a minimum of 100 , coming up against an obstruction will unless they hit same obstruction move into the next lane doing 100 ( probably without indication of even use of mirrors ) and cause even more mayhem .
The rules beggar belief, made by people who think that Drivers here of the local persuasion do actually follow the rules, and that there will be Enforcement , although to be fair it is getting better , but myself I will avoid that road like the plague .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 22, 2021, 10:29 am

Anyone care to hazardous guess if this shipment of livestock, carefully tied in by Mrs N & Yai with ratchet straps (without the ratchets 🙄), will be still intact after I’ve given it some berries on HWY2

Disclaimer
The berries will be within the published speed limit for all roads used 👍

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 22, 2021, 2:02 pm

Surprisingly, they reached the destination fully intact all be a bit windswept. Nothing a brush down of the feathers won’t fix.
Another plus is we’ve now got two new laundry baskets 👍

Oh well, back to breaking the speed limit 🤭

Reeling ‘em in

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 10, 2021, 10:58 am

Well a month seems to have passed without incident & I haven't heard of any carnage predicted by the nay sayers.

Maybe, just maybe, the roads are safer than they are given credit for...........
Niggly wrote:
March 11, 2021, 5:20 pm
Raised speed limit of 120 km/hr now in effect

The Nation

National
Mar 11. 2021

The Royal Gazette website on Wednesday published a transport ministerial regulation raising the speed limit on four lane highways or more from a maximum 90 km/hour to 120 km/hour.
Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob said last month that “the new speed limit aimed to facilitate traffic flow in accordance with current traffic conditions while ensuring road users’ convenience and safety”.
The increased speed limit is applicable for roads/highways that have four or more lanes (two lanes for each direction, divided by median barriers) in a straight section with no intersections or U-turns at road level.
The speed limit for each type of vehicle is:
> Vehicles with less than 7 seats: maximum 120 km/hr
> Vehicles in the rightmost lane: minimum 100 km/hr
> Passenger vehicles of over 7 seats but less than 15 seats: maximum 100 km/hr
> Vehicles with more than 15 seats or weighing over 2,200 kilograms: maximum 90 km/hr
> Tricycles and tow trucks: maximum 65 km/hr
> Motorcycles: maximum 80 km/hr
> Motorcycles with engines of 400cc or more: maximum 100 km/hr
> School buses: maximum 80 km/hr.
In case highways/roads have traffic signs indicating minimum and maximum speeds, vehicle users must maintain speeds within this range, except for when it cannot be done due to traffic conditions or other appropriate reasons.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 10, 2021, 12:33 pm

Old, useless news. !

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 10, 2021, 1:04 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 10, 2021, 12:33 pm
Old, useless news. !
Demonstrating your complete lack of understanding of the written word to the World Wide Web again?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 10, 2021, 3:12 pm

applicable for roads/highways that have four or more lanes (two lanes for each direction, divided by median barriers) in a straight section with no intersections or U-turns at road level.
That's about 2 percent of Thailand's highways.

Thailand operates an "open" highway system where storefronts, driveways, farmland, factories and any manner of private or commercial enterprises empty directly onto the so-called highway -- 2, 4 or 6-lane. This includes farm tractors, livestock, small scooters and virtually any kind of transport.

Developed countries operate "controlled-access" highways, designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow—ingress and egress—regulated through ramps and merge lanes. Further, small scooters are often prohibited as are other hazardous or slow moving vehicles. In Japan, for example, motorcycles with passengers are prohibited on controlled access highways.

Speed limits of 120 kph (75 mph) are far too high for an open system, but appropriate for the very limited "controlled-access" highways here. An example is Hwy 9 between Saraburi and Swampy.

If you've driven from Thailand into Malaysia, the huge difference between open and controlled-access highways is startling. In my opinion, Thailand isn't yet ready for such speeds on their provincial "highways."
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 10, 2021, 5:38 pm

It was fully reported about two to three weeks ago in the National press, however as you seem to have missed those press releases glad to see you understand it all now . Have a nice day !

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 10, 2021, 6:15 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 10, 2021, 5:38 pm
It was fully reported about two to three weeks ago in the National press, however as you seem to have missed those press releases glad to see you understand it all now . Have a nice day !
Still haven’t read (or understood) what I posted properly then.

Take your time, we can wait if you so want to make a reply

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 9:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 10, 2021, 5:38 pm
Read it & finally understood it then skulked off into the background hoping no one noticed as usual I see.

Well done that man, true to form 👍

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”