Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: 120 kph?

Post by Niggly » March 3, 2021, 11:02 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 3, 2021, 7:14 am
Niggly wrote:
March 2, 2021, 8:38 pm
Mrs N’s 5 year license expired in 2019 so she must have taken her test in 2014. She definitely took it on the road
You were there of course to prove that statement !
If you mean sitting in the test station drinking coffee with The Boy watching her set off onto the open road & then return just over an hour later, then yes I was there.
Of course I didn’t think to film any of it at the time because I didn’t think I’d be having an argument on line with a complete sock puppet 6 years later but you can easily pop into the test station at your convenience & ask them about the test route. They should know you

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 4, 2021, 4:11 am

Niggly wrote:
March 3, 2021, 10:58 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 3, 2021, 7:09 am
Niggly wrote:
March 2, 2021, 7:49 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
March 2, 2021, 10:31 am
Niggly wrote:
March 2, 2021, 10:19 am
When was the last time you had a driving lesson here KP?
In truth never took a test here, watched and was invited to offer my comments on people testing by the Manager of the Testing Centre in Nong Sung , ( they all failed in my book ) . My comments were noted and was also told that they NEVER test drivers on the road here. Too dangerous .
Plus I do not need a driving lesson, I follow the law 99% of the time and NEVER exceed my capabilities nor that of my vehicle.
You were invited to offer comments at the testing centre in Non Sung? Of course you were. I certainly don’t believe that statement & you’ll probably come out with more rubbish if I ask if you can prove it like you’re unable to prove or justify any of your other outlandish claims.
(I’ll hedge my bets on he’ll just say he doesn’t have to prove it. What think you readers?)
For what it’s worth, Mrs N’s test was on real roads in the city, the ring road & she even went quite a way up HWY22 & had to perform a u turn to return.
My comments were made about a TV interview I did with my fellow Thai announcer for Home Cable TV company, in which we were looking at Driving tests etec. If they NOW test on the roads, good, however at that time it was only done on a closed circuit at the testing station.

As all the READERS of Udon Map would love to see that , I can prove my statement but as usual you cannot , there will be a digital record held by Home Cable and my friend still may have a copy disc. But I doi not see the need to prove my statement who falsely accuses me of lying. You prove I am or keep your defamatory comments to yourself.

Or we could go to court , do you have deep pockets ?
What is defamatory about my post? I didn’t say you were lying, I said you couldn’t prove it which you still haven’t done, read it again.
And what do you want me to prove, that Mrs N took her test on real roads about 6 years ago?

You’ve answered exactly as I said you would, well done champ.

Anyhow, when was this Home Cable nonsense? If I recall correctly it was years ago so hardly relevant today is it? (I’d love to watch the clip BTW)

EDIT
Is it this lot? https://www.homecable.co.th/sitemap/
The archives only go back to 2016 & theres no mention of you. Maybe they thought it prudent to erase you from their history 😂

PS
Stop threatening me with court unless you’re prepared to go through with it. I’m still waiting for the papers from the last three occasions you threatened it

EDIT 2
I have removed the word moron as although it is a perfectly accurate adjective it could breach the minimum level of expected civility in this post
Of course as this made in the early years of me being in Udon, you will not find the record, however I am sure mthe owner ( a judge ) will assist if I require it, as will my Thai friend. Your comments accusing me of lying are enough to send one trotting into the court, but as usualmy advice from the owner of Home Cable is to ignore you and treat you as a comp0lete idiot, so THAT I will do . As for deep pockets , Home Cable have a policy of ignoring idiots so I will follow their advice. Having sought their advice accusing me at a the time an employee of lying . YTou really should check your facts before accusing anyone, using your brain before your fingers on a keyboard.
This will the last time you will be able to defame me in public, suggest you think about this . If you are editing stuff, does that mean you are NOW a moderator if so this forum has sunk to a NEW LOW

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 4, 2021, 7:57 am

By the way the News programme I was involved in was in 2008 . Iwill search through my CVD recordings I have, if I have the correct day and disc, I will ask you to sit down and watch it after which an APOLOGY will be welcome and publically broadcasted, so everyone will know you are a complete twit.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 4, 2021, 10:49 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 4, 2021, 4:11 am

Of course as this made in the early years of me being in Udon, you will not find the record, however I am sure mthe owner ( a judge ) will assist if I require it, as will my Thai friend. Your comments accusing me of lying are enough to send one trotting into the court, but as usualmy advice from the owner of Home Cable is to ignore you and treat you as a comp0lete idiot, so THAT I will do . As for deep pockets , Home Cable have a policy of ignoring idiots so I will follow their advice. Having sought their advice accusing me at a the time an employee of lying . YTou really should check your facts before accusing anyone, using your brain before your fingers on a keyboard.
This will the last time you will be able to defame me in public, suggest you think about this . If you are editing stuff, does that mean you are NOW a moderator if so this forum has sunk to a NEW LOW
It’s like Jackanory, either put up or shut up. I can’t make it any plainer or simpler.
Of course you've been to discuss this thread with the owner of Home Cable. I had a Zoom Call with Harry & Meghan yesterday too. Funnily enough they weren't interested in you either.

"This will the last time you will be able to defame me in public", why? Are you leaving?

Hope this helps when you're using words you don't understand in future. One can safely assume the aggrieved party had to have a good reputation to begin with
Defame
Verb
Damage the good reputation of someone
PS
Lets not forget you started all this by saying Thai Driving Tests are NEVER taken on public roads which I (politely) disagreed with so I don't know what your early years in Udon have to do with any of it.

PPS
You're not doing a very good job at ignoring me so I can safely assume you don't think I'm an idiot

PPPS
I like editing 👍
Last edited by Niggly on March 4, 2021, 11:27 am, edited 8 times in total.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 4, 2021, 10:49 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 4, 2021, 7:57 am
By the way the News programme I was involved in was in 2008 . Iwill search through my CVD recordings I have, if I have the correct day and disc, I will ask you to sit down and watch it after which an APOLOGY will be welcome and publically broadcasted, so everyone will know you are a complete twit.
Show me it & I will apologise. I’m a big enough man to admit when I’m wrong even if you aren’t.

I could even take the short cut to your house that you claim doesn't exist

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 4, 2021, 1:25 pm

Niggly wrote:
March 4, 2021, 10:49 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 4, 2021, 7:57 am
Show me it & I will apologise. I’m a big enough man to admit when I’m wrong even if you aren’t.

I could even take the short cut to your house that you claim doesn't exist
Ok you requested this. After discussions with the OWNER of Home Cazble and my Thai fellow worker we are agreed a PUBLIC Humilitation will be the only way you will ever shut up !
If the disc is found we will ask for it to be aired on Udon Map to clarify this matter.
A polite request will then be made for you you write a public apology again on Udon Map so all can see it .
Failure to do this will result in actions not of my making .
I hope that is clear for you to digest . You opened this particular can of worms, so the ending will be of your making.

I never said that there is NOT a short cut to my home, as the subject being discussed was a back way over to the Sam Phrao road or even the Nong Khai road , but as usual you are like many others economical with the truth when it suits you.

Your decision okay see if you are a man or just a loud-mouth attempting to bully people from your little Ivory tower o9r a human being that just about resembles a man.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 4, 2021, 3:49 pm

It’s on folks, it looks like KP is going to finally demonstrate some of his outlandish claims often posted on line to have an element of truth (No, I don’t think so either but happy to play along)

Your terms sound fair enough, show the clip on Udon Map to clear up these statements made by you & I, in return, will write a public apology again on Udon Map. (Personally I’d have told me to run naked down Soi Sampan but, hey that’s just the way I roll)

On this post I disputed you being invited to make comments by the manager of the testing station. I also disputed “they NEVER test drivers on the road here”
Khun Paul wrote:
March 2, 2021, 10:31 am
invited offer my comments on people testing by the Manager of the Testing Centre in Nong Sung , ( they all failed in my book ) . My comments were noted and was also told that they NEVER test drivers on the road here. Too dangerous
& I also disputed this little nugget here
Khun Paul wrote:
February 28, 2021, 5:31 pm
Accelerator control is definitely NOT taught here, neither is changing down to turn, therefore the vehicle splutters along in 4 th gear or maybe 5th until speed picks up
Oh & let’s not forget I disputed your refusal to believe tests may have changed since 2014
Khun Paul wrote:
March 3, 2021, 7:14 am
Niggly wrote:
March 2, 2021, 8:38 pm
Mrs N’s 5 year license expired in 2019 so she must have taken her test in 2014. She definitely took it on the road
You were there of course to prove that statement !
Is this clear?

Don’t you just love the internet. The claims are still out there in cyberspace along with many others I can’t be bothered quoting at this time even if the OP is having selective amnesia. (I’m betting there’ll be an “oh, I didn’t actually mean those words like that” retraction). Anyway, time to get the popcorn in, I was going to bring it with me KP but it looks like you’ve turned me down.
Tune in again soon readers for another exciting episode of how to dig a hole.

Waiting............

PS
Is Home Cazble a subsidiary of Home Cable?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 4, 2021, 10:00 pm

Gentlemen, we'll have to leave the who's telling the truth debate to another time, as we have now seen our final post on that. Back to the thread topic, please.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 4, 2021, 10:23 pm

Back on topic (I think), they’ve started work installing the Armco along HWY2 again. They installed a section from Ban Jan to Global about a month ago but then stopped. There’s been a lot placed in the central reservation now from Global to the Non Sung overhead gantry & workers were there bolting it together earlier. Could be something to do with 120kph

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 5, 2021, 7:46 am

Back on topic now, illogical removing of barriers on one side of the road widening scheme meant that I saw at least one care in the road works. Be careful out there.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 6, 2021, 4:24 pm

It’s worth mentioning in passing with the massive police road block on both sides of the carriageway about a km before the Pirelli factory on HWY22 all the constabulary seem to be otherwise occupied so it’d be reasonably safe to open the taps towards Nong Han.
So I was told :-"

(Hoho, bring it on)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 11, 2021, 5:20 pm

Raised speed limit of 120 km/hr now in effect

The Nation

National
Mar 11. 2021

The Royal Gazette website on Wednesday published a transport ministerial regulation raising the speed limit on four lane highways or more from a maximum 90 km/hour to 120 km/hour.
Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob said last month that “the new speed limit aimed to facilitate traffic flow in accordance with current traffic conditions while ensuring road users’ convenience and safety”.
The increased speed limit is applicable for roads/highways that have four or more lanes (two lanes for each direction, divided by median barriers) in a straight section with no intersections or U-turns at road level.
The speed limit for each type of vehicle is:
> Vehicles with less than 7 seats: maximum 120 km/hr
> Vehicles in the rightmost lane: minimum 100 km/hr
> Passenger vehicles of over 7 seats but less than 15 seats: maximum 100 km/hr
> Vehicles with more than 15 seats or weighing over 2,200 kilograms: maximum 90 km/hr
> Tricycles and tow trucks: maximum 65 km/hr
> Motorcycles: maximum 80 km/hr
> Motorcycles with engines of 400cc or more: maximum 100 km/hr
> School buses: maximum 80 km/hr.
In case highways/roads have traffic signs indicating minimum and maximum speeds, vehicle users must maintain speeds within this range, except for when it cannot be done due to traffic conditions or other appropriate reasons.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 11, 2021, 10:00 pm

Well, speed kills doesn't it? Along with the Thai driving skills all these various speed limits will create more passing and lane changing resulting in more accidents.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 12, 2021, 7:39 am

Offhand I can not think of any roads where the speed limit could be raised to 120 kph.
The only roads without U turns intersections & crash barriers are Motorways and toll roads which are already120 kph,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 12, 2021, 7:44 am

^ More u-turns will be closed off to facilitate this but as you say, ideally only motorways and other major highways that have been upgraded to 3-lanes each way.

...like the eastern ring road for example.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 12, 2021, 11:04 am

I would suggest saying “ People travelling on the Asian Highway along the Bangpa-in-Ang Thong road section will be among the first to experience driving at a maximum speed of 120 kilometres per hour” is a bit naive
Transport minister reveals first higher-speed road
Bangkok Post
PUBLISHED : 12 MAR 2021 AT 04:38

People travelling on the Asian Highway along the Bangpa-in-Ang Thong road section will be among the first to experience driving at a maximum speed of 120 kilometres per hour, Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob said on Thursday.
The maximum speed limit for this particular section of the highway was published in the Royal Gazette on Wednesday.
It said that private car drivers using the outermost lane of the highway will soon be required to drive at no less than 100 kilometres per hour but no more than 120km/h.
The speed must be maintained unless the lane is hindered, hampered by poor visibility or obstructed, it said.
However, only certain types of vehicles may go up to 120km/h, according to the Gazette.
Sections of the highway with the 120-kilometre per hour speed limit in force will be announced by the Transport Ministry.
It will also erect speed limit signs along the highway to make the rule clear to road users.
Mr Saksayam said the Transport Ministry is expected to make another announcement on the speed limit on Monday.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 12, 2021, 12:57 pm

We forget the other requirements, Central barriers and ZERO U turns .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 12, 2021, 7:48 pm

Got up to 140 on HWY22 heading towards Nong Han 👍

(If anyone wants me, I’ve gone fishing)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 16, 2021, 5:01 pm

Well it is official only small section of the roads in Thailand will be open for the NEW Speed limit of 120 Kph, nuch I am sure to the chagrin of many posters. There are other stretches that may comply in months to come about 240 Km , so the news report says.
So those of you that have the desire to go over the current speed limit, your life in your hands and as long as it does not interfere in my travels, up to you .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 17, 2021, 10:08 am

^ Touched 90 past your house the other day. Take care when reversing out & it shouldn’t interfere with your travels 👍 🚗🚗

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”