Car Tyres - new set required

General Udon Thani topics only!
ajsp9
udonmap.com

Car Tyres - new set required

Post by ajsp9 » December 29, 2020, 4:39 pm

Can anyone recommend a decent place to get a new set of tyres supplied and fitted ?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Car Tyres - new set required

Post by kopkei » December 29, 2020, 4:57 pm

maxxis shop coming from fly over big c direction sakon nakhon ,make first u turn , left side
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.38187 ... 8192?hl=en
fixing also everything not engine related ...
also new opened shop same side making u turn passed the thalaad thaisiry oposite the gasoline station , they have special offers next to the road sometimes ;)
Last edited by kopkei on December 29, 2020, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 29, 2020, 5:08 pm

kopkei wrote:
December 29, 2020, 4:57 pm
maxxis shop coming from fly over big c direction sakon nakhon ,first u turn , left side
also new opened shop same side making u turn passed the thalaad thaisiry oposite the gasoline station , they have special offers next to the road sometimes ;)
Thanks for that 👍

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 29, 2020, 5:10 pm

Tyre plus out on the Sakon Nakhon Road on the LHS going into Udon , always reasonably priced

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 29, 2020, 5:44 pm

Personal choice, but having put maxxis on my motor 3 or 4 years ago I would never go there again. They wear far too quickly and I have had six or seven punctures since I got them fitted whereas I had none in the 10+ years before.
It's possibly a coincidence but I'm driving the same road as I have always done and it does seem more than normal.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 29, 2020, 5:56 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 29, 2020, 5:44 pm
Personal choice, but having put maxxis on my motor 3 or 4 years ago I would never go there again. They wear far too quickly and I have had six or seven punctures since I got them fitted whereas I had none in the 10+ years before.
It's possibly a coincidence but I'm driving the same road as I have always done and it does seem more than normal.
maybe problem your car? ,driving style or as you say coincidence , i have had maxxis for 7 years without any problem
my cousin has maxxis on his pajero sport and is very satisfied ... and the shop has other brands too...
all according to your personal preference (and budget)...
as info ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2020, 6:33 pm

For pickups and SUV's, I've heard that Udon-MAX at the Global traffic lights have good deals and service. You need to know what sort of tire you want in the first place. In my experience, Maxxis and Deestone are in the lower band cost-wise and for the low-mileage, less traveled driver are probably more than adequate. If someone makes more frequent and longer trips, maybe something with a harder compound is better? Michelin and Dunlop are old, reliable names despite being made locally and under license. Good Year is commonly fitted on factory builds and despite some criticisms, I always found them good right to the max on mileage, wear and age.

If the OP can share what sort of vehicle he's seeking to get re-shod, a lot more precise advice can be offered.

Final note to he aware of date when the tires were manufactured. Some "good deals" may actually be on a new tire that has sat on a shelf or in storage for 3 or 4 years. Tires, regardless if they are on a rack or on a hub, have a shelf life and a recommendation to "use-before" they're 7 years old. Rubber compounds deteriorate, harden and crack with age, used and otherwise. The manufacturing date stamp is a 4-digit number embossed on the firewall in a "wwyy" format with the first two digits defining the week of the last two digits that define the year, ie. 5218 is a two year-old tire.
Last edited by tamada on December 29, 2020, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 29, 2020, 6:44 pm

kopkei wrote:
December 29, 2020, 4:57 pm
maxxis shop coming from fly over big c direction sakon nakhon ,make first u turn , left side
I've used this place for new set of Rims and Tyres on 2 pick-ups. Also got them to do brake service at same time. I was really happy with them. I shopped around on price for the first set and they were competitive so for the second set just went straight to them and asked for discount.

I went for Yokohama Geolander and am very happy with them. They do several other brands also

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 31, 2020, 8:12 pm

bought tires for our Nissan March a few months ago at YangBoonKit about 2km south of the Ring Road on Rte 2. Located here: https://www.google.com/maps/@17.3549558 ... 384!8i8192

We replaced the skinny 165 Maxxis tires with 175 Dunlops.. I was amazed that our car computer showed an increase in gas mileage from around 15km/liter to over 18.1 km/liter on a trip...

Boonkit has great service, a floor manager who speaks English and provide free balancing and a full alignment as part of the tire purchase.. In checking on line for the Dunlop prices the price we paid was a tiny bit higher (about 150 baht per tire) but the service, balancing and alignment provided made the price good for me. They also give you a "freebie" card to come back in for free tire rotation every 90 days..
Dave

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » January 1, 2021, 6:18 am

I agree on Tyre Plus, just bought 2 sets there at much better prices than say from Toyota.

Owned by the same gentleman who owns the local Benz and Hyundai dealerships in Udon. I have trusted his Hyundai team for 12+ years with our "out of warranty" services on all car types.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 1, 2021, 9:39 am

Yes, Udon Max at the Global intersection, when you want to rotate tyre's they do it for free, any problems what so ever they repair for free,,,, if you bought from them, Yokohama tyre's for me, quality.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”