udonmap.com

Re: PROCEDURE IF MOTORBIKE HIT BY DRUNK MOTORISTS

Post by dunroaming » February 2, 2021, 6:47 am

Did she call the police as if not no proof other party was drunk

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 2, 2021, 7:16 am

i got " rear-ended " by a car about 10-12 years ago , when he got out the car he was pissed legless and in full police uniform .. i flew up in the air landed on his car bonnet a few Thai,s run from the noodle shop across the road to help out ( it was the main road coming from the old English Resort to the ring road ) i called my wife she was there in 5 mins and sorted everything out with the drunk guy , i spent the night in Watana hospital , he had my honda click fixed perfect , gave me another click to ride while mine was off the road , payed for everything , said how sorry he was , the funny thing was when he came to see me at our house he brought me a big bott of Johnie Walker ... the night he hit me was 12th April night before Songkran .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 2, 2021, 7:40 am

all depending what insurance the drunk guy has ....if grade A , and he admit he is wrong , do not call police , insurance will pay , if insurance know he was drunk maybe (TIT) they do not pay anything ,if it is mb to mb it is only porobo insurance, only medical expenses are covered till 25.000 baht (depending what insurance they have ), sometimes deliberations are done with assistance of pujay baan to clear the matter , ..all depending circumstances ... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 2, 2021, 7:54 am

If medical care requires more than the maximum that the por ror bor will provide, get the police onside. Same goes for the bike repairs. However, the police will need incentives.

Good luck.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » February 2, 2021, 11:44 am

kopkei wrote:
February 2, 2021, 7:40 am
all depending what insurance the drunk guy has ....if grade A , and he admit he is wrong , do not call police , insurance will pay , if insurance know he was drunk maybe (TIT) they do not pay anything ,if it is mb to mb it is only porobo insurance, only medical expenses are covered till 25.000 baht (depending what insurance they have ), sometimes deliberations are done with assistance of pujay baan to clear the matter , ..all depending circumstances ... ;)
Cover without police report is now 30 000 thb. If police report proofing that other party involved and caused, 80 000 thb. That is basic cover. Compulsory Motorcycle insurance, porobo, (and car also) covers maximum 304 000 thb costs related to injury. Case is then to lose body parts.

So 80 000 thb needs a police report. If drunk, no trouble, because own insurance covers up to 30 000 thb. It covers also in the case the other party escapes or has no insurance etc.

Not drunk, but escaped other party, denied afterwards even witnesses. Police took me to hospital and station to report. With hospital cost receipt and police report to insurance company. Got money in 10-15 minutes and used my insurance. They did ask, why so small costs. They would have paid 80 000 thb -or that time it might have been 50 000 thb, because other party involved. Plastic parts for motorcycle did cost about few hundred baht. I think full set less than 2000 thb.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » February 2, 2021, 12:51 pm

Bit off track, but seems question has been answered.

Assume the accident happened yesterday (1 Feb), I'm always extra careful the 1st few days of each month. Thais get their pay check and a few go overboard with spending it on alcohol then driving.
Point made this morning at 7am during my 711 run....noticed a truck roughly parking (trying to park) with 2 drunk guys in the back, driver and front seat guy steps out and both are sloshed. Scary when you think about the time and that it's a school day.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 2, 2021, 12:54 pm

Mosquito wrote:
February 2, 2021, 12:51 pm

Assume the accident happened yesterday (1 Feb), I'm always extra careful the 1st few days of each month. Thais get their pay check and a few go overboard with spending it on alcohol then driving.
Point made this morning at 7am during my 711 run....noticed a truck roughly parking (trying to park) with 2 drunk guys in the back, driver and front seat guy steps out and both are sloshed. Scary when you think about the time and that it's a school day.
It's not just Thai who drink and drive, a lot of Farang who drink in bars drive after whether it be bike or car.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » February 2, 2021, 1:06 pm

vincemunday wrote:
February 2, 2021, 12:54 pm
Mosquito wrote:
February 2, 2021, 12:51 pm

It's not just Thai who drink and drive, a lot of Farang who drink in bars drive after whether it be bike or car.
Don't disagree, but going by biggest potential danger/offender demographic.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » February 2, 2021, 1:28 pm

parrot wrote:
February 2, 2021, 3:20 am
I'd say call your insurance company.....anytime you have an accident
Agree - call your insurance company and they will sort things out, best not get involved yourself.
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 2, 2021, 2:05 pm

Cover without police report is now 30 000 thb. If police report proofing that other party involved and caused, 80 000 thb. That is basic cover. Compulsory Motorcycle insurance, porobo, (and car also) covers maximum 304 000 thb costs related to injury. Case is then to lose body parts....
this is according to the roojai conditions? , beware most porobo do not have these conditions , as of letting the the insurance company fix it all ?, you will be disappointed when they do not give a damn when there is only material damage and no grade A insurance present ... ;)

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » February 2, 2021, 4:25 pm

kopkei wrote:
February 2, 2021, 2:05 pm
Cover without police report is now 30 000 thb. If police report proofing that other party involved and caused, 80 000 thb. That is basic cover. Compulsory Motorcycle insurance, porobo, (and car also) covers maximum 304 000 thb costs related to injury. Case is then to lose body parts....
this is according to the roojai conditions? , beware most porobo do not have these conditions , as of letting the the insurance company fix it all ?, you will be disappointed when they do not give a damn when there is only material damage and no grade A insurance present ... ;)
Riding (any) type of motor vehicle without 1st Class you are asking for trouble

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 2, 2021, 4:29 pm

yep ,agree with you joepai ,to bad you do not have first class insurance for motorbikes under 400cc , so all small mbs are driving on compulsory insurance :(

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 2, 2021, 8:51 pm

kopkei wrote:
February 2, 2021, 4:29 pm
yep ,agree with you joepai ,to bad you do not have first class insurance for motorbikes under 400cc , so all small mbs are driving on compulsory insurance :(
I'd dare say a few in my village don't even have compulsory.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » February 3, 2021, 3:20 pm

kopkei wrote:
100% Rubbish - who told you that nonsense?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 3, 2021, 6:00 pm

every shop...and insurance company ? ,nope i was wrong, you still have some companies offering a 2+ voluntary option but they are very limited , roojai fe has it ,it is not grade A but at least some better coverage's , a few years ago i informed at viriyah insurance and they did not have it, checking their website no motorcycle options at all? .. ;)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 3, 2021, 10:58 pm

parrot wrote:
February 2, 2021, 8:51 pm
kopkei wrote:
I'd dare say a few in my village don't even have compulsory.
Compulsory insurance is required if you register your vehicle (motorcycle). For some villagers who tool around the village and not into the city, they'll save the added expense of registering.
As you head into the city, it's not uncommon to see motorcycles make last minute deviations around police checkpoints.......whether because they haven't registered their vehicle or for other reasons is anyone's guess.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 4, 2021, 5:51 am

my pienongs forgot? to register and pay insurance for more than 3 years , i have recently re-registered new as the old license plate automatically get cancelled when not paying tax 3 years , so now they have insurance + new license plate now , what they not yet have is a driver license ...all not needed (according to them) as they only drive local (inland) , :? as of the grade A or 2+ or what ever existing voluntary insurance it would be nice to know what members have one and what the insurance company (roojai is one )is so other can use them too if needed , as it is not easy to find , thanks ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2021, 6:51 am

The DL "not needed" is the reason why you see riders desperately trying to avoid police shake down points, not a lack of registration or unpaid tax. They are (mostly) capable riders, having been on two-wheels since school but it's sheer indolence, ignorance and apathy that stops them going for the test and a license.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”