Clan Dew alcohol drink

General Udon Thani topics only!
timmy
udonmap.com

Clan Dew alcohol drink

Post by timmy » February 15, 2021, 7:07 am

i saw the other thread for Carling , and wondered if any body had seen Clan Dew in or around Uuon , its a mix of wine an whiskey used to drink it years ago ..
clan-dew-1980s-spirit.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Clan Dew alcohol drink

Post by tamada » February 15, 2021, 10:13 am

^ That explains a lot.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 15, 2021, 10:41 am

I've heard it was very popular in Scotland years ago ........ then they realised it was rotting the teets on the bottles so they went back to giving the bairns milk again

With Brexit having completely "shagged" the Whiskey trade in Europe perhaps SE Asia will suddenly become a new market
Last edited by stattointhailand on February 15, 2021, 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 15, 2021, 10:44 am

tamada wrote:
February 15, 2021, 10:13 am
^ That explains a lot.
:D :D :D

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 15, 2021, 11:46 am

timmy wrote:
February 15, 2021, 10:44 am
tamada wrote:
February 15, 2021, 10:13 am
^ That explains a lot.
:D :D :D
Next time I am in Udon's favorite corner liquor store (in about 20 minutes or so), I'll have a looksee. Maybe there's summat similar.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 15, 2021, 12:50 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 15, 2021, 10:41 am
I've heard it was very popular in Scotland years ago ........ then they realised it was rotting the teets on the bottles so they went back to giving the bairns milk again

With Brexit having completely "shagged" the Whiskey trade in Europe perhaps SE Asia will suddenly become a new market
Whisky (no e) refers to Scottish, Canadian, or Japanese grain spirits.
Whiskey (with an e) refers to grain spirits distilled in Ireland and the United States.

Just why after only 6 weeks is the trade in Scottish whisky 'completely fecked' Where is you evidence or is that another State Secret. SE Asia has always been a market for the amber nectar. They have much more refined tastes than the Europeans.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 15, 2021, 9:07 pm

AlexO wrote:
February 15, 2021, 12:50 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

Whiskey (with an e) refers to grain spirits distilled in Ireland and the United States.

Just why after only 6 weeks is the trade in Scottish whisky 'completely fecked' Where is you evidence or is that another State Secret. SE Asia has always been a market for the amber nectar. They have much more refined tastes than the Europeans.
Sorry Alex but Johnny Walker Red does NOT count.

...neither does the Black.

Refined tastes ma ersh.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 15, 2021, 10:05 pm

Been looking for the vid I watched about 3 weeks ago. German guy ended up paying about 60% extra for some bottles he bought at auction. Last year there were no "add ons" but after Brexit he got hammered for tax and customs duty totaling almost 100 euros, which as he said made buying the stuff impracticable.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 16, 2021, 3:58 pm

tamada wrote:
February 15, 2021, 9:07 pm
AlexO wrote:
February 15, 2021, 12:50 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

Sorry Alex but Johnny Walker Red does NOT count.

...neither does the Black.

Refined tastes ma ersh.
The JW marketing people have done a great job with selling the brand worldwide not just Asia. Agree its not the best but way x better than 4 Pipers etc. Seen a few times a wee shot or twa of JW has done the trick in the morning.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 16, 2021, 7:06 pm

^ I guess when push comes to shove... and the coke does make it taste better!

I'm a The Famous Grouse man myself. Dabbled with Smiths Glenlivet when I got my first oil patch pay cheques if only because the hero in Wilbur Smith's novels set in Africa swore by it. All very colonial.

Ma was a Glenfarclas fanatic while Da liked his Glenmorangie.

The standard well pour in teuchter bars was Dewar's with Bell's kept behind the optics for the more discerning drunk. I made the mistake of popping into an Ushers pub in Peterhead and, with their beer's reputation of being bloody awful, went straight for the shorts only to find that they only served Ushers Blended Scotch Whisky.... worse than JWR.

The real country village pissheads loved Watson's Demerara Rum, sort of the lao khao of Buchan. Guaranteed (sweet tasting) projectile vomiting if taken on top of a gallon of McEwan's heavy.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 16, 2021, 10:14 pm

tamada wrote:
February 16, 2021, 7:06 pm

I'm a The Famous Grouse man myself. Dabbled with Smiths Glenlivet when I got my first oil patch pay cheques if only because the hero in Wilbur Smith's novels set in Africa swore by it. All very colonial.

The standard well pour in teuchter bars was Dewar's with Bell's kept behind the optics for the more discerning drunk. I made the mistake of popping into an Ushers pub in Peterhead and, with their beer's reputation of being bloody awful, went straight for the shorts only to find that they only served Ushers Blended Scotch Whisky.... worse than JWR.

The real country village pissheads loved Watson's Demerara Rum, sort of the lao khao of Buchan. Guaranteed (sweet tasting) projectile vomiting if taken on top of a gallon of McEwan's heavy.
Jeez Ushers, probably worse than most English beers. Highland Park is my tipple of choice but arm not twisted too far to allow a wee Glenlivet or Glenmorangie to tickle the tonsils. Funny enough, when in the forces ***** Bum was the mix for Army tea and the odd piss up, saved our lives a few times. The Bells they sell here is pretty acceptable as well so all a matter of taste.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 17, 2021, 8:27 am

AlexO wrote:
February 16, 2021, 10:14 pm
tamada wrote:

Jeez Ushers, probably worse than most English beers. Highland Park is my tipple of choice but arm not twisted too far to allow a wee Glenlivet or Glenmorangie to tickle the tonsils. Funny enough, when in the forces ***** Bum was the mix for Army tea and the odd piss up, saved our lives a few times. The Bells they sell here is pretty acceptable as well so all a matter of taste.
Not sure that would be allowed nowadays .. :yikes:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 17, 2021, 8:56 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 17, 2021, 8:27 am
AlexO wrote:
February 16, 2021, 10:14 pm
tamada wrote:

Not sure that would be allowed nowadays .. :yikes:
One of the reasons I left the 'oh so politically correct' UK so many years ago. Trouble with all these snowflakes is that they just keep inventing things that offend them, so that they can keep receiving a salary for pretending to be offended. Do ***** not have bums?? or are they different to whitie's bums. A person of colours posteria doesn't really rhyme does it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2021, 9:11 am

^ Don't knock it 'til you've tried it DM.

Oh, wait...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 17, 2021, 9:44 am

During my time in the SAS (Special forces not Smaritans) in the jungles of Western Africa i came across (can i say that) many ***** bums (and that)..alas never a problem and mission accomplished.

Back on the booze topic .. anyone seen any Ruby Port in Udon .. and no the Chinaman doesnt have any only Tawny ..which isnt Ruby.

DM

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » February 17, 2021, 3:39 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 17, 2021, 9:44 am
During my time in the SAS (Special forces not Smaritans) in the jungles of Western Africa i came across (can i say that) many ***** bums (and that)..alas never a problem and mission accomplished.

Back on the booze topic .. anyone seen any Ruby Port in Udon .. and no the Chinaman doesnt have any only Tawny ..which isnt Ruby.

DM
Villa
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2021, 5:59 pm

joepai wrote:
February 17, 2021, 3:39 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Villa
There ya go DM. Now away and see your bank manager for an overdraft.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 17, 2021, 8:55 pm

joepai wrote:
February 17, 2021, 3:39 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Villa
Thanks joepai..

Tam I shall call in Udon Bkk hospital en route to Villa to sell a kidney.

DM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”