Parking for the weak hearted

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Parking for the weak hearted

Post by Whistler » February 28, 2021, 7:35 pm

Not sure why this week was worse than normal, I never say a bad word about Buddha, honest.

On Friday I drove to Kut Chap to enjoy a coffee at Aoy's. OK parking spot in front of 7-11, so I signal, nothing close behind me but as I start to back in a truck trundles along and seeing my signal and reverse lights, moves up to 3mm from rear bumper to block me. So I drive off, manage to find another spot, same procedure when a pickup repeated the exercise.

However, today was special. At Global House on the ring Rd, I complete my purchase and find a pickup that nosed into the spot beside me with his truck making it impossible to get in the drivers door. He came in on such an angle that he took up two and a half spots. Hanging inside is a cops uniform.

Service desk pages him, he came to the desk asking why his truck number was paged, then walked off when he was told he had blocked another vehicle. The guys in the car park helped me push the car after I got in passenger door and took off handbrake and put transmission into neutral. Full marks to the nice guys at Global but made me think, what is the psyche of these drivers that go out of their way to cause problems? In all cases there was no way they knew I was a farang, so not racist, just appears to be attitude.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Parking for the weak hearted

Post by jackspratt » February 28, 2021, 7:54 pm

Re the Global problem - isn't that why 10 baht coins were invented?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 28, 2021, 8:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 28, 2021, 7:54 pm
Re the Global problem - isn't that why 10 baht coins were invented?
Spot on Jack, if I were alone.....

I did not want to frighten the wits out of wife and daughter, had a couple of lovely screwdrivers in the car too. Sadly no matchsticks available to assist tyre valves to exhale.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » March 1, 2021, 7:22 am

Whistler wrote:
February 28, 2021, 7:35 pm
just appears to be attitude.
Yep, and not restricted to car parks or any particular country for that matter.
Seems to be on the rise or maybe it just gets my gander up more these days.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 1, 2021, 9:00 am

any contemplation of revenge must be tempered with the knowledge that most of these parking lots have full video coverage. Damaging some noob's car in such a fashion would just lead to a video of you popping up on social media and a manhunt akin to tracking down a serial murdered to "get the farang.."
Dave

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2021, 9:18 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
March 1, 2021, 9:00 am
any contemplation of revenge must be tempered with the knowledge that most of these parking lots have full video coverage. Damaging some noob's car in such a fashion would just lead to a video of you popping up on social media and a manhunt akin to tracking down a serial murdered to "get the farang.."
I would love to put the guys parking and number plate up on social media too

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 1, 2021, 9:23 am

ah but then you'd be making him "look bad" and lose face. That could be grounds for a defamation suit with criminal and monetary penalties over here... Ya can't win...
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 1, 2021, 9:24 am

of course I guess if you feel a win against such a jackass is important you can weigh the pros and cons and act accordingly. Taking a dump on his bonnet might be comical..
Dave

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » March 2, 2021, 3:02 pm

They simply don't give a ##it. How long have you lived here??? Thais are not known for being considerate of others.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 2, 2021, 3:24 pm

While I have the photo and the number plate, only a very foolhardy farang would make both of them public.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Parking for the weak hearted driving for the brave

Post by noosard » March 2, 2021, 4:51 pm

Wouldnt worry to much about the parking, it is getting to the parking that is the real problem

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 2, 2021, 7:30 pm

As someone pointed out to me a few years back, Thai drivers don't park. They just stop driving.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”