IPTV Provider

General Udon Thani topics only!
Charlieb
udonmap.com

IPTV Provider

Post by Charlieb » March 20, 2021, 2:45 pm

If you don’t know what IPTV is, this does not pertain to you. :D

I would like to ask any members that are using IPTV which provider they are using? Also cost, pros, cons, etc.

I currently use Pulse TV out of London. The streaming is great and they provide a lot plus 24 hour catch up. The problem is I am an American and most of the channels provided are British. They also provide German, French and Australian TV. I use it since they do have both the American and English Golf Channels plus the NFL network. With the 24 hour catch up it allows me to watch golf and football from the states on my time rather than at 2 AM.

I would be interested in what others have. As iI said, they provide an excellent streaming service but, in my thinking, a bit expensive at 1000 Baht per month. I see other vendors offering at 10 - 15 dollars a month, but I am reluctant to change as many are fly by night and not very good service. It would be nice to have more American channels.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: IPTV Provider

Post by papafarang » March 20, 2021, 3:29 pm

I use IPTV , cost 3,360 per year. Over 2000 channels . guy from kutchap who gives great back up service. Call 0801817504
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » March 20, 2021, 3:35 pm

I have an Android TV box that have been using for several years. I have installed and I am currently running KODI with the Xenon Build by Diggz. It has lots of options and I strongly suggest that you have it running through a VPN connection to the internet. The drawback is that there is a learning curve involved in learning to run and navigate Kodi and the Xenon build. There are online forums for Kodi to help you through the learning curve. Another drawback is that the addons go offline and new addons come along. If you do not mind doing some maintenance now and then when a new build comes along or a new version of Kodi is released then this may be an option for you. Kodi and the Xenon build are free. The latest version of Kodi can be downloaded from the Google Play store. The Xenon build can be installed within the Kodi application.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 20, 2021, 4:13 pm

Thanks Dean I will discuss this with you Monday at breakfast.
Kodi is not IPTV. I was referring to paid IPTV providers that provide TV channels like major networks, etc.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 20, 2021, 4:24 pm

Charlieb wrote:
March 20, 2021, 4:13 pm
Thanks Dean I will discuss this with you Monday at breakfast.
Kodi is not IPTV. I was referring to paid IPTV providers that provide TV channels like major networks, etc.
OK see you Monday for breakfast.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 21, 2021, 10:03 am

Charlieb wrote:
March 20, 2021, 2:45 pm
If you don’t know what IPTV is, this does not pertain to you. :D

I would like to ask any members that are using IPTV which provider they are using? Also cost, pros, cons, etc.

I currently use Pulse TV out of London. The streaming is great and they provide a lot plus 24 hour catch up. The problem is I am an American and most of the channels provided are British. They also provide German, French and Australian TV. I use it since they do have both the American and English Golf Channels plus the NFL network. With the 24 hour catch up it allows me to watch golf and football from the states on my time rather than at 2 AM.

I would be interested in what others have. As iI said, they provide an excellent streaming service but, in my thinking, a bit expensive at 1000 Baht per month. I see other vendors offering at 10 - 15 dollars a month, but I am reluctant to change as many are fly by night and not very good service. It would be nice to have more American channels.
I use HDprime TV Charlie which does sound similar to what you’ve been using. You can go direct to their website and register (Extremely quick),it’s Pay as you go and find the site simple to navigate. There’s different packages,i normally buy the 30 days Live Tv package at 380 baht (99 points) , payment straightforward just pop into 7-11 and ask for a True money scratchcard to the value you need ( I think they are 50,100 or 300 baht) ,log in and type the number in. I won’t pretend it doesn’t glitch from time to time but you can switch between 6 servers.It best works for me on my mobile,iPad and the browser on the boys PS4, I can’t really complain for 95 baht per week.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 21, 2021, 1:09 pm

I have used 3 local providers. They cost 3-4k baht/year.
Last edited by mak on March 24, 2021, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 21, 2021, 3:24 pm

Gus:
I don't think those will provide me with NFL, Golf, USA channels. etc. Also need catch up

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 21, 2021, 3:42 pm

They do.

cliff.saveall
udonmap.com

Post by cliff.saveall » March 23, 2021, 5:11 pm

Do not name providers, not only you but everyone will get shut down. Please never mention any by name....

tomboy
udonmap.com

Post by tomboy » March 26, 2021, 10:37 am

Be very careful!Many people think that by signing up to one of these especially from an EXPAT IS FREE FROM TROUBLE but it's a scam.Firstly you have to purchase an Android box from the Farlang and then pay him 3,000 baht yearly subscription which is against the law here.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 26, 2021, 12:24 pm

The guy I know put the business in his wife's name ,all payments go to her account . if you already have a box then it can be installed on the existing box. If you don't have a box he will order one for you at cost price. He will also come to your house to assist you set up and explain features . there was an issue with a server in Europe last week and people called him, he offered everyone a full refund . but the next day everything was working well again. The only issue I've had is going through 2100 English speaking channels is a bit of a pain but once you put them in your favorites life is easy. His wife is Thai so if you don't speak Thai then he will talk to you

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”