need a bore

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

need a bore

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2021, 9:20 pm

our farm is dry.

We have a one rai damn that is empty. Capacity is maybe 2,000.000 litres or more. I understand that there is stone around 20 to 30 metres deep, so need a driller that can cut though that, a good chance we have a spring underneath. Does anybody have a driller that can handle this? I want a driller and a solar pump from a single supplier and will be happy to pay to get a result and pay a fair price.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: need a bore

Post by tamada » March 25, 2021, 9:40 pm

Doodoo?

PS: Your PM's are still turned off.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 26, 2021, 10:26 am

Whistler wrote:
March 25, 2021, 9:20 pm
our farm is dry.

We have a one rai damn that is empty. Capacity is maybe 2,000.000 litres or more. I understand that there is stone around 20 to 30 metres deep, so need a driller that can cut though that, a good chance we have a spring underneath. Does anybody have a driller that can handle this? I want a driller and a solar pump from a single supplier and will be happy to pay to get a result and pay a fair price.
Suggestion for what is worth, find a guy to drill, a couple of guys to install the concrete rings at the top and do the rest yourself . Sorry I do not know of a driller or installer .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2021, 10:40 am

Tried KP, the only ones I have been able to find cannot handle stone. It will need a driller with a percussion capability
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 26, 2021, 11:25 am

These companies appear to be up to the task

https://www.facebook.com/%E0%B8%A3%E0%B ... 993712528/

http://www.jaorbadan.com/category/13/%E ... 9%E0%B8%B5

http://www.xn--22cm9ab3a1eudpcb2d7e.com ... 2%E0%B8%99

Out of curiosity, what are you basing your "good chance we have a spring underneath" belief on?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 26, 2021, 11:38 am

Yes agree with Parrots comments, do you have historical proof or other information that states clear ( non-salty ) water is beneath before you embark on a costly dill. Costly by that I mean to find weater on my property, not nearly as big as yours19 years ago cost me 15000, which included well head as it were and pump, which I ditched in a year as it was useless. Hence my remark of installing pumps yourself .
Now 19 years later , a drill even through stone will be expensive unless guarantees of finding clear water is certain .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2021, 1:07 pm

Thanks guys. Our farm is about 2 kilometers from Huai Lon dam but no canals nearby. The place has been in my wifes fzmily for generations. A mate of mine was a driller in Oz he is also of the opinion that there is a good chance there is a spring under rock
. No guarantees of course

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 26, 2021, 4:51 pm

Another quick thought with the Water crisis frequently operating here, drilling that close to a Dam might anger the water authorities, make gentle enquires first, would not want to step on PWA toes

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2021, 5:10 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 26, 2021, 4:51 pm
Another quick thought with the Water crisis frequently operating here, drilling that close to a Dam might anger the water authorities, make gentle enquires first, would not want to step on PWA toes.
Thanks KP will think about this. I dont want to encourage them to say no, nor encourage a chance for dome official needing some TM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”