Benzine Gasoline

General Udon Thani topics only!
cdm62

Benzine Gasoline

Post by cdm62 » April 5, 2021, 3:00 pm

Can anyone direct me to the location of a gas station still selling Benzine or what we called the old super or leaded fuel ? PTT used to have it at some of the gas stations and was the Yellow pump color , now cannot seem to find it ..

Cheers

dragonz
udonmap.com

Re: Benzine Gasoline

Post by dragonz » April 5, 2021, 6:49 pm

Very hard to find it in udon now.I get it from the stations just before nong khai . Very strange that thai government want to rip customers off with this gasohol . When i bought my last motorcycle they told me gasohol 91 but when i emailed honda japan they told me to use benzine if i can.
I did a test on the fuels and my results are .|
1 litre of gasohol max speed 97kph and did 23 kms
1 liter of benzine did 110kph and 29 kms
Honda japan told me gasohol will run hotter and engine will not last so long and given the results the few bahts it is cheaper means nothing.I have a couple of 10 litre cans and fill up every time i go to nong khai and also have a 4 stroke strimmer that only runs on benzine so another corruption thing i guess.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 5, 2021, 11:07 pm

Corruption ..... how, and by who?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2021, 11:37 pm

Just like my bloomin' laptop, no CD drive so cant play any of my dozens of Picture or Audio CD's, companies bringing out new versions of things all the time for no reason except to make people buy another thing to do what they were already doing perfectly well. I dont need a wonder mega super fast computer as I can only read or type at the same speed. My old Windows 7 was perfectly adequate and did all I asked, but now half my stuff wont run properly on Windows 10 .If a bike or car runs ok on low grade fuel why do you need better?

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » April 6, 2021, 6:39 am

dragonz wrote:
April 5, 2021, 6:49 pm
The thing governments do not care about (or know obviously....head in the sand) is any alcohol fuel requires more by volume to get the same energy release as petrol. therefore the lower output power.
Hence, the jet sizes or injector settings being for a predetermined volume of fuel lean out the engine and it runs hot.

Alcohol fueled engines will normally run cooler than petrol when set up correctly as the fuel used is approx, 4 times that required for the same output in petrol. Alcohol fuel also has a longer burn time and more complete burn.

Places like Aus are limited to 10% added alcohol as it is the maximum most modern petrol engines will tolerate.
There are those whose manufacturers recommend no use of 10% whatsoever as it can attack certain components in the fuel chain.

In linked chart....petrol 46MJ/Kg....methanol 29MJ/Kg.
Go for enriched uranium for the best milage ... :D :D

https://www.world-nuclear.org/informat ... uels.aspx

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 6, 2021, 7:08 am

I have been told by my favourite Service manager that Diesel B7 will work perfectly well, however only certain types of B& are appropriate, Shell V plus and/or Caltex V plus or equivalent as they assist in keeping the engine cleaner as well.
I have found it seems to run a tad hotter but when you consider how hot it is inside , then a few degrees here and there are no big deal . Does it run better, well at first I was how would you say, concerned as replacing an engine is an expensive option, however after some cajoling from the Service manager I took the plunge and yes it does seem to run a little better but until fully warmed up a tad sluggish .

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 6, 2021, 7:18 am

dragonz wrote:
April 5, 2021, 6:49 pm
Very hard to find it in udon now.I get it from the stations just before nong khai . Very strange that thai government want to rip customers off with this gasohol . When i bought my last motorcycle they told me gasohol 91 but when i emailed honda japan they told me to use benzine if i can.
Honda japan told me gasohol will run hotter and engine will not last so long and given the results the few bahts it is cheaper means nothing.I have a couple of 10 litre cans and fill up every time i go to nong khai and also have a 4 stroke strimmer that only runs on benzine so another corruption thing i guess.
Case of supply and demand ! No one buys it, probably because of price , so they stopped stocking it .
PTT stopped selling it well over a year ago . I used to use it for my garden equipment . Because if you dont drain down the gasahol after use , and you leave it in the system for a while unused , it destroys the seals on the fuel systems .
I have noticed although you cant buy it anywhere here , most newish service stations still advertise a price on their neon signs .

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 6, 2021, 8:42 am

just a note on really old bikes before gasohol the rubber fuel pipes etc will melt . I know when i gave a really old bike to my stepson ,told him to use benzine but of course not listen . Put gasohol in it and a few weeks later was leaking fuel everywhere and had to replace the pipes

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 6, 2021, 8:43 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 5, 2021, 11:07 pm
Corruption ..... how, and by who?
Ok not corruption though i bet it is there somewhere but at least selling petrol by false pretences . I.E. the price of gashol was only a little cheaper than benzine so they got people to buy it as they will always try to save even a tiny amount but without telling them that it does less mileage ,(benzine being around 20%) and lower performance so does not work out cheaper and your engine will not last as long .
I have to admit my motorbike i tested it on was and older bike out before gasohol was in thailand but i know my tuktuk with its 65occ daihatsu engine runs hotter on gasohol .
Perhaps newer bikes will run better on gasohol but my newest bike 5 years old said gas91 on it but honda japan told me to run it on benzine if i can and i believe them before thai government

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » April 6, 2021, 9:21 am

On the Nong Khai Rd just past the Ring Road headed towards Nong Khai. The PTT is about 1Km from the Ring Rd. I bought some there about 2 months ago. The mechanic at Tool Pro said it's the only gas that should be used in small engines.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2021, 9:52 am

colt1911 wrote:
April 6, 2021, 9:21 am
On the Nong Khai Rd just past the Ring Road headed towards Nong Khai. The PTT is about 1Km from the Ring Rd. I bought some there about 2 months ago. The mechanic at Tool Pro said it's the only gas that should be used in small engines.
For clarity, that's the older PTT/Jiffy nearer the underpass and not the newer PTT/7 eleven a bit nearer the railroad tracks.

I hear the 5-Star Chicken there is also very good.

Centi
udonmap.com

Post by Centi » April 6, 2021, 12:05 pm

If you drive on Phosri Road from Big C inbound to the city after Makro is a gas station that still sell Benzine. It used to be Cosmo, now it's Esso.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 6, 2021, 12:42 pm

Centi wrote:
April 6, 2021, 12:05 pm
If you drive on Phosri Road from Big C inbound to the city after Makro is a gas station that still sell Benzine. It used to be Cosmo, now it's Esso.
Good to know for the garden stuff . Thanks .
As a side note , most modern cars computers and oxygen sensors working in tandem will not let the engine run rich or lean.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » April 6, 2021, 1:42 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 5, 2021, 11:37 pm
Just like my bloomin' laptop, no CD drive so cant play any of my dozens of Picture or Audio CD's, companies bringing out new versions of things all the time for no reason except to make people buy another thing to do what they were already doing perfectly well. I dont need a wonder mega super fast computer as I can only read or type at the same speed. My old Windows 7 was perfectly adequate and did all I asked, but now half my stuff wont run properly on Windows 10 .If a bike or car runs ok on low grade fuel why do you need better?
Solved :
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/exter ... y&search=1
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 6, 2021, 1:56 pm

^ Does it come with pictures, so statts knows where to plug it into?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 6, 2021, 7:29 pm

Why gasohol? Probably not corruption per se but what's a key agricultural crop of Thailand? Oh yeah, cane sugar. Where does gasohol come from? Yup, same cane sugar.. So, mandating various type of gasohol puts some big bucks in the pockets of the sugar producers, lowers imports of actual gasoline somewhat and puts gigatons of carbon dioxide in the air with the annual burning of the cane fields for harvest. I wonder how that balances out with "green and sustainable fuel??"
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2021, 9:07 pm

Last time I checked, my personal carbon footprint was almost as big as Idaho.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 6, 2021, 9:23 pm

tamada wrote:
April 6, 2021, 9:07 pm
Has anyone been daring enough to check your ego footprint against the carbon equivalent?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2021, 11:04 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 6, 2021, 9:23 pm
tamada wrote:
April 6, 2021, 9:07 pm
Has anyone been daring enough to check your ego footprint against the carbon equivalent?
Who on earth would be interested in that?

Apart from you I mean?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2021, 6:23 am

colt1911 wrote:
April 6, 2021, 9:21 am
Is that from the yellow-colored "Gasoline 95" pump?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”