90 day reporting

General Udon Thani topics only!
noosard
udonmap.com

90 day reporting

Post by noosard » April 12, 2021, 1:43 pm

In amongst a sea of bad new over the past week, a glimmer of hope for expats and long-stay travellers. You better sit down…

The Thai government are looking into changing the long standing 90 day reporting for people staying in Thailand longer than 90 days on a long-stay visa. But don’t get out the champagne just yet.

The Bangkok Post reports that the changes form part of a strategy “to boost investment and tourism revenue”.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: 90 day reporting

Post by Giggle » April 12, 2021, 3:47 pm

long-stay visa ... to boost tourism revenue.
They simply can't fathom the idea that an old farang geezer whose been living here for 30 years isn't a tourist.
It's a frame of mind, and a yellow book doesn't change anything. We're all outsiders who are here temporarily.
It's demonstrated in many ways beyond immigration policy. In speech and written communication using pak พัก instead of yuu อยู่, for example, when referring to non-Thais.

Pak -- to halt, lay-over, stop for the night, stay overnight at a place, to rest or relax, remain at a place temporarily
Yuu -- to reside; to live (at); stay

A long-stay visa might be nice, but we will still be considered mere tourists.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 12, 2021, 5:05 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 12, 2021, 3:47 pm
They simply can't fathom the idea that an old farang geezer whose been living here for 30 years isn't a tourist.
It's a frame of mind, and a yellow book doesn't change anything. We're all outsiders who are here temporarily.
It's demonstrated in many ways beyond immigration policy. In speech and written communication using pak พัก instead of yuu อยู่, for example, when referring to non-Thais.

Pak -- to halt, lay-over, stop for the night, stay overnight at a place, to rest or relax, remain at a place temporarily

The preconceptions and prejudices work both ways, though. It's quite difficult for young Thai girls with no children to get tourist visas to places like the U.S. and U.K. because there is an underlying assumption that young Thai girls tend to be prostitutes.

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » April 12, 2021, 5:59 pm

The post s about 90 day report for forangs. Norhing to do with Thai girls getting a UK or US visa.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 12, 2021, 6:47 pm

udonfox wrote:
April 12, 2021, 5:59 pm
The post s about 90 day report for forangs. Norhing to do with Thai girls getting a UK or US visa.
I think it is fair comment, same, same in reverse. Thailand should be careful about middle aged farangs coming to Thailand to work as rent boys.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 12, 2021, 7:00 pm

Has anyone on here ever attempted to or have a PR Visa?

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » April 12, 2021, 7:03 pm

Giggle wrote:

Immigrants of a different culture, and colour are not considered REAL citizens in Western Countries either. Thais are just more direct.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 12, 2021, 7:10 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:03 pm
Immigrants of a different culture, and colour are not considered REAL citizens in Western Countries either.
Probably not in your western country. Don't venture to speak for all of western civilization.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 12, 2021, 7:45 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
Giggle wrote:

Immigrants of a different culture, and colour are not considered REAL citizens in Western Countries either. Thais are just more direct.
Not so Giggle, NZ is very tolerant and Australia, Canada are not far behind. I have no experience in other countries, but I am sure there are others. Not perfect but not too bad either
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 12, 2021, 8:10 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:45 pm
Not so Giggle
Agree. Wasn't my quote.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 13, 2021, 7:06 am

Giggle wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:10 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
Immigrants of a different culture, and colour are not considered REAL citizens in Western Countries either.
Probably not in your western country. Don't venture to speak for all of western civilization.
Replying to Giggle, maybe not BUT they ARE accorded the same protection under the law and all LAWS apply equally to them . Unlike many countries including this one

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 13, 2021, 7:57 am

"Immigrants of a different culture, and colour are not considered REAL citizens in Western Countries either."
I wish my Father were alive to have a go at this statement.
An Immigtant who fought for Canada via the RCAF would love to take you on with this statement
So, I will give it a shot
What a waste of time and somewhat effort in printing a statement as such.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2021, 8:25 am

back on topic.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/20 ... -investors

Heres the Bkk post article ... in which it outlines PROPOSALS of POSSIBLE visa regulations .. a paragraph towards the end states the proposals will be sent for government approval within 1 month ..also im reading it as yes visas regs will be eased but the 90 day reporting being scrapped applies to foreign experts and workers its unclear if the 90 days relaxation would apply to retirement or marriage visa holders.

Its early only had one coffee , sleepy eyes maybe im reading this wrong

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 8:36 am

Doodoo wrote:
April 13, 2021, 7:57 am
"Immigrants of a different culture, and colour are not considered REAL citizens in Western Countries either."
I wish my Father were alive to have a go at this statement.
An Immigtant who fought for Canada via the RCAF would love to take you on with this statement
So, I will give it a shot
What a waste of time and somewhat effort in printing a statement as such.
That's our newt for you. Probably believes all the current right wing claptrap about Pakistani's flooding into the UK while poor ol' whitey can't go on the pish in Amsterdam.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 13, 2021, 8:39 am

Could careless about the UK Pakistan Amsterdam, whitey or what you have to spew

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 8:45 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:25 am
back on topic.

Heres the Bkk post article ... in which it outlines PROPOSALS of POSSIBLE visa regulations .. a paragraph towards the end states the proposals will be sent for government approval within 1 month ..also im reading it as yes visas regs will be eased but the 90 day reporting being scrapped applies to foreign experts and workers its unclear if the 90 days relaxation would apply to retirement or marriage visa holders.

DM
Good observation there DM. Therefore it behooves those married here to WORK harder on their marriage, make babies, etc.. Those retired here should WORK LESS on doing stuff that a local artisan can do. Stop the gardening, car servicing, DIY electrical, plumbing, painting etc.. You can make babies too!

As for the experts here...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 8:46 am

Doodoo wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:39 am
Could careless about the UK Pakistan Amsterdam, whitey or what you have to spew
There's no shame in admitting that my post went clean over your head dubbeldoo. Absolutely none.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 13, 2021, 10:36 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:25 am
back on topic.

DM
The article also talks about attracting more retirees to Thailand who are also permanent residents, I suspect the 90 day reporting will be waved for them too, let see

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 13, 2021, 10:45 am

If they insist on 90 day reports, it would be logical to make the reports at local police stations. As it is, I have NEVER been able to make the report online work. I have to drive 100 kilometers one way to make the useless report.

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » April 13, 2021, 11:55 pm

glalt wrote:
April 13, 2021, 10:45 am
If they insist on 90 day reports, it would be logical to make the reports at local police stations. As it is, I have NEVER been able to make the report online work. I have to drive 100 kilometers one way to make the useless report.

It can be done via registered mail. Details here

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”