Help with IO problem.

General Udon Thani topics only!
AlexO
udonmap.com

Help with IO problem.

Post by AlexO » May 15, 2023, 10:05 am

Gents
Due to renew my marriage extension next Monday. Currently stuck in hospital and the current rate of progress has me worried that aint going to get out to go to IO in person. Is there a way that you can let Immigration know your situation and any formal way of asking for an extension due to being stuck in the hospital/ Thanks. Would appreciate telephone number if it is just a call required. Thanks again.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Help with IO problem.

Post by Doodoo » May 15, 2023, 10:41 am

Thai Immigration – Udon Thani
95 Posri road Tambon Mak Khaeng Amphoe Mueang
Changwat Udonthani

Email : [email protected]

OR

Udon Thani Immigration Office
Address95 Phosi Road, Tambon Maakhaeng, Amphoe Muang, Udon Thani, Thailand, 41000
Telephone042-249-982-3
Fax042-249-984
Websiteudonthani.immigration.go.th

I was at one time bed riden at a Hospital and the wife visited them to explain, no, problem the said

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2023, 2:02 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 15, 2023, 10:05 am
Gents
Due to renew my marriage extension next Monday. Currently stuck in hospital and the current rate of progress has me worried that aint going to get out to go to IO in person. Is there a way that you can let Immigration know your situation and any formal way of asking for an extension due to being stuck in the hospital/ Thanks. Would appreciate telephone number if it is just a call required. Thanks again.
Similar happened to me a few years back Alex .. my missus went in to see immo and was told not a problem and would not loose the visa or be classed as on overstay etc.. was informed i just had to keep all the documented proof of my hospitalization period/dates plus a few pics and take them with me when recovered enough to go to the office.

As it was a fair while ago best get someone to go check with immo for any changes/updated requirements.

Hope its nowt serious and get well soon.

Same as Tam had done ????? ...open wallet and funds removal surgery by any chance ?? (sorry couldnt resist)

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on May 15, 2023, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » May 15, 2023, 3:10 pm

Get well soon Alex, looking forward to a return round of golf when in the area.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 18, 2023, 12:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2023, 2:02 pm
AlexO wrote:
Gents
Similar happened to me a few years back Alex .. my missus went in to see immo and was told not a problem and would not loose the visa or be classed as on overstay etc.. was informed i just had to keep all the documented proof of my hospitalization period/dates plus a few pics and take them with me when recovered enough to go to the office.

As it was a fair while ago best get someone to go check with immo for any changes/updated requirements.

Same as Tam had done ????? ...open wallet and funds removal surgery by any chance ?? (sorry couldnt resist)

DM
ThanksJon
Na, its a wee bit more serious. Might be looking for an eyepatch and a tame parrot fairy soon.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 18, 2023, 12:59 pm

Tried to thank everyone who kindly sent info or best wishes, as usual was blocked by some automatic nonsense that I have never seen before. so once again thanks Doodoo and Jon. tony I am hoping for a positive outcome but clubs are always available.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 25, 2023, 6:17 pm

Just an update.
Called IO and asked, youngish guy answered and said rule change, 500 each day fine for overstay. Sadly, attended the office and yes 500 baht for each day, no excuses. Even received a receipt. So don't get sick around new extension time.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2023, 6:51 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 18, 2023, 12:52 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2023, 2:02 pm
AlexO wrote:
Gents

DM
ThanksJon
Na, its a wee bit more serious. Might be looking for an eyepatch and a tame parrot fairy soon.
AlexO wrote:
May 25, 2023, 6:17 pm
Just an update.
Called IO and asked, youngish guy answered and said rule change, 500 each day fine for overstay. Sadly, attended the office and yes 500 baht for each day, no excuses. Even received a receipt. So don't get sick around new extension time.
That seems a tad unfair but precisely the reason i thought it may be wise to check Alex.

On a more serious note can we take it you are recovering , on the mend ..if so excellent news.

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 25, 2023, 8:50 pm

Well, regrettably, my answer is not going to be of any help to AlexO, I don't read ever post every day or week.

The actual answer is that someone else can submit the form on your behalf.

This is the wording on the TM7 form

NOTICE
1. ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นคาขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON
เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการทไี่ ม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้
WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

So absolutely someone who is in hospital would qualify as handicap patient or person with disabilities. Of course they will require documentation and it seems as though the application must be done on time. it is also very likely that for a marriage extension they would require the person submitting the form to be the spouse.

My personal preference is to do it at least a week to 2 weeks or even up to 45 days Before the actual expiry of the extension. Not helpful now but possibly useful in the future.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 27, 2023, 11:55 am

Thanks Jon
But recovering is not what I would describe how things are at the moment. Had 6 days of intravenous meds, then an op to remove the dead and infected flesh. (quite interesting looking at your own bones and nerve sleeves). Another 6 days of intravenous antibiotics and then a couple of days without to check all infections cleared up. See the surgeon on 31st to decide if a full-on hacksaw job or other options can save the peg.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2023, 12:09 pm

Sounds terrible Alex. You're made of sturdy stuff so I'm sincerely hoping for good outcomes.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 27, 2023, 12:23 pm

tamada wrote:
May 27, 2023, 12:09 pm
Sounds terrible Alex. You're made of sturdy stuff so I'm sincerely hoping for good outcomes.
Thanks Tam

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2023, 8:07 am

tamada wrote:
Same here .. hope things go well at the docs resulting in a positive outcome Alex.

DM

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 28, 2023, 4:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 28, 2023, 8:07 am
tamada wrote:
Same here .. hope things go well at the docs resulting in a positive outcome Alex.

DM
Alexo remember I have first dips on your golf balls

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”