Monthly expat meetup?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Udon Map
Admin

Re: Monthly expat meetup?

Post by Udon Map » September 4, 2023, 7:42 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 25, 2023, 1:20 pm
Great lets drive to the OTHER side of town . . . .
It's not the other side of town for everyone.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 4, 2023, 11:34 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 26, 2023, 12:50 pm
I would rather undergo removal of my testicles without anaesthetic...
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2023, 9:35 am

OldVeteran1982 wrote:
September 4, 2023, 12:36 pm
When i lived in Udon i made a point to stay away from fellow Expats. Clarification, i tried to stay away from fellow American Expats. Most i bumped into in Bangkok were loud, obnoxious and bitter. We're selling our home in America now and can't wait to get back to Udon for the family, good food, low cost of living, and of course the Lao Kao :) I would definitely appreciate meeting up occasionally to shoot the breeze and share a chuckle or two.
Looking forward to making your acquaintance. There are a few Americans in the social circles that get touted on this forum, and the three or four that we meet up with once or twice a month aren't obnoxious, loud or bitter. Some have been around here for a quite a while and are either retired or own businesses, but like most any expat who's been around the block, they have their families, their own private lives and mostly keep themselves to themselves. While there's often a wide-ranging and frequently heated discourse on these forum pages, we tend to steer clear of the red button conversation killers such as politics and faith when socializing in person.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » September 5, 2023, 12:36 pm

[quote=tamada post_id=679495 time=1693881316 user_id=3915]
[quote=OldVeteran1982 post_id=679455 time=1693805805 user_id=54140]
When i lived in Udon i made a point to stay away from fellow Expats. Clarification, i tried to stay away from fellow American Expats. Most i bumped into in Bangkok were loud, obnoxious and bitter. We're selling our home in America now and can't wait to get back to Udon for the family, good food, low cost of living, and of course the Lao Kao :) I would definitely appreciate meeting up occasionally to shoot the breeze and share a chuckle or two.
[/quote]
Looking forward to making your acquaintance. There are a few Americans in the social circles that get touted on this forum, and the three or four that we meet up with once or twice a month aren't obnoxious, loud or bitter. Some have been around here for a quite a while and are either retired or own businesses, but like most any expat who's been around the block, they have their families, their own private lives and mostly keep themselves to themselves. While there's often a wide-ranging and frequently heated discourse on these forum pages, we tend to steer clear of the red button conversation killers such as politics and faith when socializing in person.
[/quote]

The fact that Religion and Politics isn't discussed makes me eager to try it a time or two. I am by nature a solitary soul, but by choice. When it's imposed by circumstances it can get old fairly quick.

One thing I learned in Udon was that I missed just the random pleasantries of a Howdo, an occasional drink and a cackle over a shared joke with a feller.

Family life is good, but sometimes I just want to jaw with someone without it getting back to the inlaws and causing drama lol.
"To care for him who shall have borne the Battle, and for his Widow, and his Orphan." -A.Lincoln

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” -Mark Twain

Cambodia is the South East Asian equivalent of Alabama and Louisiana and their cousin humpin Mississippi states of Merica

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 9, 2023, 2:21 pm

so where and when do they conduct these Expat get togethers???? I think the last one I attended was old school Udon Map back around 2004, maybe 2005...
Dave

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 9, 2023, 7:00 pm

Alright, enough of the Khun Paul discussion. Back on topic, please.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2023, 3:02 am

CCW on Friday afternoon.

Bring your own open mind.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2023, 8:56 am

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 10, 2023, 10:27 am

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2023, 8:56 am
Colin's Car Spa & Brews

https://maps.app.goo.gl/LKaNcC1ibW8pXrjj6
Dropped in Cols and it appears hes in the process of relocating the Outback bar from the East side favelas to the more effluent West ... good news as due to get off the wagon and will be back spending more time in Udon from next month and very handy being close to my abode.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2023, 3:31 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2023, 10:27 am
tamada wrote:
September 10, 2023, 8:56 am
Colin's Car Spa & Brews

https://maps.app.goo.gl/LKaNcC1ibW8pXrjj6
Dropped in Cols and it appears hes in the process of relocating the Outback bar from the East side favelas to the more effluent West ... good news as due to get off the wagon and will be back spending more time in Udon from next month and very handy being close to my abode.

DM
No worries Col, I will be back next month as well, so hopefully should counteract the negative influence of the above.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”