Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
rick
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by rick » April 4, 2021, 12:27 pm

Last 3 hours we have been blitzed by the heaviest rain i have seenin April since coming here 11 years ago - about 10-15 cm. Ele tric out and shop flooded.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2021, 1:02 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 4, 2021, 11:27 am
I've had a minor leak in a valley since the roof was put on. Three different "experts" have tried to fix it over the last two years to no avail. In their defence, its really difficult to find the actual source of a water leak unless you can see it when its raining heavily in the right direction. Most of the time you just see occasional drips from the bottom of a purlin which is obviously where its accumulating from a higher truss often after its stopped raining.
Anyway, I climbed into the loft about three months ago armed with guttering sealant & expanding foam which I sprayed liberally down both internal edges of the valley. (nearly knocked me out with the smell in a confined space but that's another story) We haven't had any really heavy, blowy rain since until today & eureka, my repair seems to have worked 👍
I can report our first roof leak in the 14 years since we built the pile. So that's a job for bodger-in-law and best for him to get up into the roof while it is still wet to see where it's migrating from. Once the sun hits the tiles, that wet spot will dry out fast. However, I reckon he's over at the lake fishing today.

Rainy season hasn't started yet so there's still some time.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 4, 2021, 4:08 pm

Between last night's rain and this morning's blast, 2" at kilo 18.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 4, 2021, 9:26 pm

Nice cool evening now.

Maybe some more storms through the night but abating tomorrow.

AQI is right down.

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 8:05 am

25, a bit cloudy & gentle breeze here this morning.
The scattered storms forecast for last night never materialised

AQI creeping up a bit

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 5, 2021, 9:49 am

unless it starts raining again (and odds are low) it looks like AQI will creep up from moderate to unhealthy by this afternoon.. Lower Issan is already there and higher. It'll be time to button up the house and crank up the air purifiers..
Dave

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 9:55 am

Yes, green to yellow in less than 2 hours.

We haven’t got any air purifiers. Just make do with sore throats & wheezing

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 5, 2021, 10:26 am

Massive frog genocide in T. Nongbua over the past 24-hours. Perpetrated by that gang that live with a farang on Soi Pao Uthit.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 5, 2021, 2:21 pm

I am really amazed at all the shouting about AQI, when most of us have come from places that has considerably HIGHER AQI for the past decade . The average for the UK is between 50-80 DAILY , here we have the onset of rain ( far more than the UK ) and less industrial output , but people still moan and groan about it.
THose that dislike it can always go to a country where the AQ is excellent, middle of the Sahara,Frozen South or North Poles, or maybe back to some of the less populated places in the UK . never ceases to amaze me, come to Humid, hot, occasionally very wet country and bloody complain !

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 2:52 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 5, 2021, 2:21 pm
I am really amazed at all the shouting about AQI, when most of us have come from places that has considerably HIGHER AQI for the past decade . The average for the UK is between 50-80 DAILY , here we have the onset of rain ( far more than the UK ) and less industrial output , but people still moan and groan about it.
THose that dislike it can always go to a country where the AQ is excellent, middle of the Sahara,Frozen South or North Poles, or maybe back to some of the less populated places in the UK . never ceases to amaze me, come to Humid, hot, occasionally very wet country and bloody complain !
Where is the shouting & complaints. I can’t see any on this thread. Is it somewhere else you’re reading?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 3:13 pm

Increasing quite rapidly at a rate of about 10 whateverthingummys per hour.

To be clear, no complaints or shouting for those using audio commentary. This is just a statement of fact which I don’t intend doing anything about

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 5, 2021, 4:44 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 5, 2021, 3:13 pm
Increasing quite rapidly at a rate of about 10 whateverthingummys per hour.

To be clear, no complaints or shouting for those using audio commentary. This is just a statement of fact which I don’t intend doing anything about
It was an expression, misconstrued by yourself .. Not to worry , you will have to find other things to pick up on.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 5:29 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 5, 2021, 4:44 pm

It was an expression, misconstrued by yourself .. Not to worry , you will have to find other things to pick up on.
It clearly wasn’t was it, but never mind, no problemo.
I’ll just add inability to convey the simplest of phrases to your academic failings.

I understand, it’s okay you know. I’m just here to help & support 👍

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 5, 2021, 6:27 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 5, 2021, 5:29 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
April 5, 2021, 4:44 pm

It clearly wasn’t was it, but never mind, no problemo.
I’ll just add inability to convey the simplest of phrases to your academic failings.

I understand, it’s okay you know. I’m just here to help & support 👍
I agreed not to insult you so please do not take advantage okay

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 7:58 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 5, 2021, 6:27 pm

I agreed not to insult you so please do not take advantage okay
Take it easy, chief.
I’m here to help. I can proof read your posts before you press submit if you like?
I’m not taking advantage, you know better than that.
It’s okay for you to feel secondary, I understand.
In fact, everything will be okay & I understand that too.
I’m happy to help you, give a hug or a boyish tousle of the hair to make you feel better. All you have to do is ask.

PS
Who’ve you agreed the no insult bit with? It wasn’t me, I’m just happy to help you.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 8:02 pm

Anyway, enough of the support & help, this is the weather channel.

Nice unexpected rain at Chez Niggles. Everything wet over without any storm drama. It’s cooled down too.

AQI is up again but I’d think it’ll drop on future readings

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 6, 2021, 7:14 am

Thankyou for your offer of help , which as you know full well will be declined with alacrity. My mental processes are in full working order, and assistance from you would only screw up what is a perfectly working system.
Going back to the we3ather, we had the invasion of the Kamikaze Flying Ants/Termites last night and I forgot to turn off one or two lights, Hey-ho this morning hoovering up the debris left ( which is a lot) So be warned tis that time of the year again when nature operates a cull by telling an insect to rise up and fly and then die, such a waste of infantile life.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 6, 2021, 10:06 am

^ Remember when you told me not to waste money on LEDs as flying beasties would still be attracted to the light?

All out lights are LED & the wall ones are on a sensor so on all night & the soffit lights go off at midnight. There are no dead things to clear up.

This little memory assistance was brought to you by an understanding Niggle

As always, happy to help

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 6, 2021, 10:07 am

A delightful 28 with cool breeze this morning.

AQI has dropped slightly from last night which is a good thing

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2021, 5:11 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 6, 2021, 7:14 am
Thankyou for your offer of help , which as you know full well will be declined with alacrity. My mental processes are in full working order, and assistance from you would only screw up what is a perfectly working system.
Going back to the we3ather, we had the invasion of the Kamikaze Flying Ants/Termites last night and I forgot to turn off one or two lights, Hey-ho this morning hoovering up the debris left ( which is a lot) So be warned tis that time of the year again when nature operates a cull by telling an insect to rise up and fly and then die, such a waste of infantile life.
Yes, the short, seasonal plague of flying termites. Mrs tam and one of the clan shot off on the motorbike after dinner to harvest them for Auntie's Authentic Eclectic Ethnic Food Stall down the market. Two large buckets sold out in an hour and the small amount kept for traditional pre-Songkran breakfast at home similarly demolished.

Meanwhile, those that stayed home rediscovered the immense foresight of the clever resident farang when he built the house and also had low-wattage orange lights installed on the patio. As the calls to keep the doors closed grew more strident, the all-knowing farang simply turned on the orange lights and turned off the regular white circlights. The subsequent geneflucting and obeisance was momentarily quite moving.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”