Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
User avatar
Zidane
udonmap.com
Posts: 6722
Joined: July 6, 2005, 12:24 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Zidane » March 13, 2020, 8:22 pm

Ooops double post for some reason... wtf.
Can a MOD delete one please.


Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1872
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by RLTrader » March 13, 2020, 8:36 pm

RLTrader wrote:
March 13, 2020, 4:09 pm
Time to bring this Up-to-date

Its HOT and will be for awhile
good news:
• virus don't like heat, don't let anyone tell you different.
• those masks will not protect you
• washing your hands often with soap and water is best protection
• gas prices will hit un-seen lows since the 60's
• and your electric bill should be lower

If you are in America or Canada wish you good luck. You also might want to ask your Gov's involvement in the spreading of the virus
Zidane wrote:
March 13, 2020, 8:20 pm
A good post RLT. Let's hope you are right,particularily the bit about viruses not liking heat.
We were in Central Plaza this afternoon and it was the busiest it has been for a month.
Was at Central Plaza around noon to 1+ go every Friday but the last 2 have been a lot less busy and parking not a problem. That's what I love. Noticed a lot more wearing masks, then last Friday. Wife is one of them, but I also should say, that she has been into the mask thing for a couple of years, it seems, but she does tell son to stay home, these days, which I like because don't need to lock everything up.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4853
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 15, 2020, 9:42 am

Was up at 6 am .. best part ov the day ...nice cloud cover at the moment but its starting to get burnt off for another hot sweaty afternoon and the only respite is ice cold Chang.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4285
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Khun Paul » March 21, 2020, 3:24 pm

While we are all getting our knickers in a twist about being infected by a unseen and possibly deadly to the infirm, The Covid 19 Virus. I thought I might just mention, that last night and this morning the Rain was welcome from a gardeners point of view, making it cool this morning and watering various parts not normally watered in the dry/hot season. Filling up water tanks and generally doing a good job.
You see that nature might make our lives harder by releasing a virus, but at the same time, gently waters the land for new life. One thing I have learnt you cannot screw with Mother nature , or else it will come back and bite you as it is doing now.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4853
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 21, 2020, 4:48 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 21, 2020, 3:24 pm
While we are all getting our knickers in a twist about being infected by a unseen and possibly deadly to the infirm, The Covid 19 Virus. I thought I might just mention, that last night and this morning the Rain was welcome from a gardeners point of view, making it cool this morning and watering various parts not normally watered in the dry/hot season. Filling up water tanks and generally doing a good job.
You see that nature might make our lives harder by releasing a virus, but at the same time, gently waters the land for new life. One thing I have learnt you cannot screw with Mother nature , or else it will come back and bite you as it is doing now.
How did mother nature manage to cultivate a deadly virus ?? ..pretty sure its man made KP

Back on topic n rather pleasant weather wise today , tho looking a few days ahead 39 day 27 LOW at night not so blooming pleasant , the splash of rain forecast has been n gone for at least another 2 weeks according to Acuweather

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

choi choi
udonmap.com
Posts: 456
Joined: March 5, 2018, 10:35 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by choi choi » March 21, 2020, 5:05 pm

Rain? What rain? Not a drop here! Nong Sam Rong!

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4285
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Khun Paul » March 21, 2020, 5:11 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 21, 2020, 4:48 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
March 21, 2020, 3:24 pm
While we are all getting our knickers in a twist about being infected by a unseen and possibly deadly to the infirm, The Covid 19 Virus. I thought I might just mention, that last night and this morning the Rain was welcome from a gardeners point of view, making it cool this morning and watering various parts not normally watered in the dry/hot season. Filling up water tanks and generally doing a good job.
You see that nature might make our lives harder by releasing a virus, but at the same time, gently waters the land for new life. One thing I have learnt you cannot screw with Mother nature , or else it will come back and bite you as it is doing now.
How did mother nature manage to cultivate a deadly virus ?? ..pretty sure its man made KP

Back on topic n rather pleasant weather wise today , tho looking a few days ahead 39 day 27 LOW at night not so blooming pleasant , the splash of rain forecast has been n gone for at least another 2 weeks according to Acuweather

DM
Nope not man made, Man did have a hand in dealing with its potential badly hence the problem, had MAN not wanted wild animals prone to many odd diseases, then we would not be in this situation. Man screwed up, Animals just carry it ( AKA Nature )

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4285
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Khun Paul » March 23, 2020, 7:43 am

On a more positive note, Rain again overnight, well in the wee small hours, a Short but welcome Thunderstorn with Lightening, watering the garden nicely, cleaning the air of nasty dusty particles.
Downside it allows the weeds to grow as well .

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10614
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by 747man » March 23, 2020, 11:18 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 23, 2020, 7:43 am
On a more positive note, Rain again overnight, well in the wee small hours, a Short but welcome Thunderstorn with Lightening, watering the garden nicely, cleaning the air of nasty dusty particles.
Downside it allows the weeds to grow as well .
Well We in Nong Khai HEARD You're Thunder,Seen the Lightning,But NEVER had a drop of Rain....

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3371
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by saint » March 23, 2020, 11:23 am

Hammered down at Nong Tha for about 30 minutes at 3.00 am .

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 979
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by DuiDui49 » March 23, 2020, 11:24 am

747man wrote:
March 23, 2020, 11:18 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 23, 2020, 7:43 am
On a more positive note, Rain again overnight, well in the wee small hours, a Short but welcome Thunderstorn with Lightening, watering the garden nicely, cleaning the air of nasty dusty particles.
Downside it allows the weeds to grow as well .
Well We in Nong Khai HEARD You're Thunder,Seen the Lightning,But NEVER had a drop of Rain....
Swap your house to a house in Udon..Yeah,we had some nice rain here in Non Sa-At just outside Udon...want more hehe.

Have a good day...:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10614
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by 747man » March 23, 2020, 11:26 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 23, 2020, 11:24 am
747man wrote:
March 23, 2020, 11:18 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 23, 2020, 7:43 am
On a more positive note, Rain again overnight, well in the wee small hours, a Short but welcome Thunderstorn with Lightening, watering the garden nicely, cleaning the air of nasty dusty particles.
Downside it allows the weeds to grow as well .
Well We in Nong Khai HEARD You're Thunder,Seen the Lightning,But NEVER had a drop of Rain....
Swap your house to a house in Udon..Yeah,we had some nice rain here in Non Sa-At just outside Udon...want more hehe.

Have a good day...:-)
NO Thanks DuiDui49,I Prefer it Dry...& A Bit Quieter....But Thanks for the Offer.... :-" :-" :-"

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4285
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Khun Paul » April 2, 2020, 5:08 am

It would appear that looking at various weather forecasting sites, this coming weekend we may have Thunderstorms and rain.
So batten down the hatches folks and be careful pout there, not that you should of course be out there in any event

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4853
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 6:48 am

Indeed KP a few days with a 40% chance of rain , hail n thunderstorms and still very hot in the North Eastern provinces.

Acu weather forecast overnight early morning rain as of last night but nothing as yet.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3244
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Weather in Udon ?

Post by Barney » April 2, 2020, 4:15 pm

Did your car park have any moisture this morning DM.
Had a good moisture fall early this morning at home.
Another morning of not holding the hose.
Haven’t had to use any village water for a long time, well since before the last 2 overnight sparse down pours. The down pours fill up my 10,000 ltr underground rain tank quickly, then just transfer into the 8,000 ltrs of main house tanks when required.
Looks like Huey has plenty of rain coming from Sunday onwards, but the forecast keeps pushing out each day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4853
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 4:20 pm

Barney wrote:
April 2, 2020, 4:15 pm
Did your cat park have any moisture this morning DM.
Had a good moisture fall early this morning.
Another day of not holding the hose.
Haven’t had to use any village water for a long time, since before the last 2 overnight sparse down pours. The down pours fill up my 10,000 ltr underground rain tank quickly, then just transfer into the 8,000 ltrs of main house tanks when required.
Looks like Huey has plenty of rain coming from Sunday onwards, but the forecast keeps pushing out each day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont have a CAT Barney :shock:

No not a drop mate ..car park was and still is as dry as a bone , only moisture it saw was mi JRs doing doggy weewee relief.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

choi choi
udonmap.com
Posts: 456
Joined: March 5, 2018, 10:35 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by choi choi » April 3, 2020, 7:39 pm

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/115755 ... 5J7x02pXmY
Come on with the rain I'll singing in the rain! =D>

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 921
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by pal52 » April 3, 2020, 7:47 pm

Lets hope we get the rain to cool things down.
Can do without the high winds and damage they cause.
Especially as not many places to buy repair materials or get any one to fix damage due to restrictions

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4285
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2020, 5:10 am

A quick spurt of rain this AM, some lightening and a wind for about 5 mins then clearing as I write . promise of more to come over the weekend.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4853
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 4, 2020, 6:09 am

Not a drop in Nadee and looking at Acu weather low chance today up to 40% chance tomorrow...BUT these thunderstorms are very unpredictable.

temps a tadge lower than of late .. day highs of 33 to 35 night lows 23 -24

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”