Fake schoolbooks in Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Fake schoolbooks in Udon

Post by BKKSTAN » April 2, 2008, 8:30 am

Bangkok Post:Police seize 20,000 fake schoolbooks

WASSAYOS NGAMKHAM

Economic crime police raided a house in Udon Thani province yesterday and seized at least 20,000 fake school textbooks worth about 1.7 million baht. The caretaker of the house, Thanachart Phuttawandee, 50, was taken in for questioning.

The fake school textbooks were for Prathom Suksa 1 to Prathom Suksa 6 (grades 1-6). The house is near Nong Samrong Witthaya school in Udon Thani's Muang district.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » April 2, 2008, 10:23 am

I thought all of the textbooks in Thailand were fake. You mean there are real ones? How do you tell the difference? Did they use the sniff test and feel the paper like they do with degrees?

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 2, 2008, 12:30 pm

Don't sniff too hard. The ink was poor quality and possibly toxic.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 2, 2008, 3:02 pm

No FAKE School Girlies though !! You dont want to SNIFF them too hard !!!!

ISSAN_NISSAN
udonmap.com
Location: Near the big tree past the light on the left opposite the 7-11

What a country.......

Post by ISSAN_NISSAN » April 2, 2008, 4:47 pm

I realize that we are dealing with copyright infringement, and all infringements are against the law but WTF !!!

Wouldn't it make more sense to focus our police resources on other copyrighted items and leave the children's textbooks as the last priority?

I forgot. TiT

So the thinking by the powers that be:

It's better to have thousands of school kids learning without text books in the classrooms than letting them use text books that are copies.

P.R.I.O.R.I.T.I.E.S ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING HERE IN LOS.

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Re: What a country.......

Post by Ba Bob » April 2, 2008, 5:06 pm

ISSAN_NISSAN wrote:I realize that we are dealing with copyright infringement, and all infringements are against the law but WTF !!!

Wouldn't it make more sense to focus our police resources on other copyrighted items and leave the children's textbooks as the last priority?

I forgot. TiT

So the thinking by the powers that be:

It's better to have thousands of school kids learning without text books in the classrooms than letting them use text books that are copies.

P.R.I.O.R.I.T.I.E.S ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING HERE IN LOS.
Makes total sense to me. How much do you think the author of a text book gets from sales? I can tell you from experience in a 1st world country not much, so i imagine in Thailand even less. Just give away your intellectual property do you??

What are these other copyright items you are talking about?? Nike, Adidas,
Microsoft, Diesel, Von Dutch, Sony, Nintendo etc. yeah these poor companies are just fading away due to copyright infringements

hxjohn
udonmap.com

old game

Post by hxjohn » April 3, 2008, 2:44 am

i remember 30 years ago at junior school in the uk a lot of text was copied iam sure its been going on a long time and right our wrong will continue
why shouldent the parent of a child with limited funds to pay top price be able to give there child the best they can :cry:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: old game

Post by beer monkey » April 3, 2008, 3:26 pm

hxjohn wrote: why shouldn't the parent of a child with limited funds to pay top price be able to give there child the best they can :cry:
agreed, as long as the copied books where a lot less baht to buy, lets face it what isn't copied in los.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”