Prenuptial form

General Udon Thani topics only!
sparky
udonmap.com

Prenuptial form

Post by sparky » June 19, 2008, 5:52 pm

Anyone have a good prenup form that can be translated into thai? Found an internet site that will do the form in thai and english for 5000 baht. Thanks

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 19, 2008, 6:03 pm

way too expensive, write it yourself and get someone here to translate, 500-1500 baht

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » June 19, 2008, 6:13 pm

There are many free forms on the interent, just do a google search. Forms can be translated at Let's Talk for 200bt per page.

http://www.udonmap.com/letstalk/

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 19, 2008, 9:02 pm

much better than the price i pay way back when.

Phil, i just wrote my own, freestyle. the amphure office will simply copy to the marriage certificate. write in english, both sign, have translated, take to office and it will be transferred to cert. that easy.

donthani
udonmap.com

Re: Prenuptial form

Post by donthani » June 19, 2008, 9:19 pm

sparky wrote:Anyone have a good prenup form that can be translated into thai? Found an internet site that will do the form in thai and english for 5000 baht. Thanks
this is the one i downloaded and got a good teacher to translate it for me in to Thai......................................................................................................
PRE-MARITAL AGREEMENT
BE IT KNOWN, this agreement is entered into on the __________ day of _____________, 20___ between _________________________ and __________________________hereas, the parties contemplate legal marriage under the laws of the country of ___________________, and it is their mutual desire to enter into this agreement so that they will continue to own and control their own property, and are getting married because of their love for each other but do not desire that their present respective financial interests be changed by their marriage. Now, therefore, it is agreed as follows:. 1 All property which belongs to each of the above parties shall be, and shall forever remain, their personal estate, including all interest, rents, and profits which may accrue from said property, and said property shall remain forever free of claim by the other.2. The parties shall have at all times the full right and authority, in all respects the same as each would have if not married, to use, sell, enjoy, manage, gift and convey all property which may presently belong to him or her.3. In the event of a separation or divorce, the parties shall have no right against each other by way of claims for support, alimony, maintenance, compensation or division of property existing of this date.4 In the event of separation or divorce, marital property acquired after marriage shall nevertheless remain subject to division, either by agreement or judicial determination.5. This agreement shall be binding and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, assigns and personal representatives .this agreement shall be enforced with the laws of the country of _______________.signed this ______________ day of _________________, 20___Witnessed:_____________________________ _______________________________Witness First Party_____________________________ _______________________________Witness Second Party------------------
:D :D :D

Techland
udonmap.com

Re: Prenuptial form

Post by Techland » June 19, 2008, 10:39 pm

donthani wrote:All property which belongs to each of the above parties shall be, and shall forever remain, their personal estate, including all interest, rents, and profits which may accrue from said property, and said property shall remain forever free of claim by the other
As far as I know this is the standard law in Thailand (as opposed to many western countries). So where is the need for this kind of paper with said text in it?

gulfman
udonmap.com

Post by gulfman » June 20, 2008, 2:08 am

As Techland says:

THAI DIVORCE LAW:

When a couple divorce in Thailand all marital property (sin somros) is divided equally. personal property (sin suan tua) remains owned by the individual. Thus marital property is anything acquired during marriage by way of gift, bought, or inherited. Personal property is anything acquired before the marriage like a house, tools, equipment & possessions.

sparky
udonmap.com

Post by sparky » June 20, 2008, 6:39 am

Thanks everyone. Donthani I appreciate your form and I guess under the laws of the country you have to state both the USA and Thailand in order to cover USA assets. Also under USA law if your financee is not represented by an indepenedent attorney and signs a form in both thai and english that she has been advised and agrees with the prenup the prenup is null and void. Main issue is to protect USA assets. I will use your form for Thailand and list my assets in the USA because for prenup to be legal in USA you have to declare and state all assets. I hope this helps others.

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » June 20, 2008, 7:10 am

pre nups are a must for farangs, both in country of origin and Thailand, although Thai can stipulate , a pre nup will allow you to put in place what is normally split providing the spouse agrees.
thereby allowing you to keep the house etc:
it will also be advantageous for a power of attorney to be in plce for transferrence of land to another unamed Thai so that land can be transferred without the recourse to your ex having to sign.
All things are legal, jsut need a lawyr to set it up.
Mute point if thai lady refuses to sign pre-nup, power of attorney or anything like that..........do not go there.
Guns

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » June 20, 2008, 3:57 pm

Guns482 wrote: Mute point if thai lady refuses to sign pre-nup, power of attorney or anything like that..........do not go there.
Ha Ha Ha, Classic statement Guns !!

I can just imagine the look on some of those Pattaya type girls faces when presented with one :lol: :lol: :lol:

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » June 20, 2008, 4:04 pm

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 20, 2008, 7:15 pm

Pedro and Maria

Pedro and Maria got married. Pedro was a "man about town" so to speak,
but Maria was very naive and uninformed about the birds and the bees.

Pedro was a poor working man and could not afford to take time off for
a honeymoon. So, that night they retired to his little shack. When
Pedro was undressing Maria said, "Oh Pedro, what is that?"

Pedro being very quick thinking said, "Maria, I am the only man in the
world with one of these." And, then, he proceeded to show her what it
was for, and Maria was happy.

The next morning Pedro went off to work as usual. When he returned
home that evening, Maria was on the front porch obviously upset about
something.

"Pedro, you told me that you were the only man in the world
with one of those, and I saw Gonzalez the gardener changing his clothes
behind the shed, and he had one, too."

Thinking fast, Pedro said, "Oh, Maria, Gonzalez is my very best
friend.
I had two of them so I gave him one. He is the only other man in the
world with one of those."

Maria being very stupid accepted his answer and they did their thing
again that night.

Pedro went off to work, again, the next morning; and, when he returned
home, Maria was very upset, . stamping her foot on the porch.

Pedro said, "Maria, what is the matter now?"

"Pedro, you gave Gonzalez the best one!!"
could not find the joke forum so I put it here because prenups are a joke LOL

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » June 22, 2008, 7:24 am

Oh yes !!!! same as the man who.....no I won't go on as you never know who is reading these posts, once must maintain some small sense of decorum, chaps......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guns

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 22, 2008, 2:41 pm

I do not need a prenup since I do not own any thing both here and in the USA I sold what I had in the USA and every thing I have here in Thailand is in my wife name and I like it that way
now if by chance she decides to dump me I pack my bag with my clothes and leave thailand
because she is the only reason why I am here and if I can not take my clothes LOL that still OK
wal/mart here I come LOL these things are small why you all should worry about sh/it like that
most of you got ripped off by your previous girl friend or your x wife so try to treat the one your living with some dignity

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 22, 2008, 2:54 pm

i worked over 30 years for my cushion during retirement. when i live with them for 30 years, then can share in that. which they are already. it's theirs when i die, but not till i die.

i still have what i have, because i protected myself from past relationships. i like what i have, material things, and want to keep them. i love my relationship. but since my material things seem to last longer, i better protect them, as i will need them in the future. my relationships, i love and cherish, but when over, i can find another, material things don't come so easy.

both make me smile when i have, both make me frown when i don't have. so i better protect the ones i can. 8)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”