Trouble making Thai Lady

General Udon Thani topics only!
sparky
udonmap.com

Trouble making Thai Lady

Post by sparky » June 28, 2008, 11:19 am

Any of you guys ever hear of a farang with a Thai wife going around Udon telling other wives thier husbands have girlfriends and she can find a new farang for them. I had this happen!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 28, 2008, 11:33 am

Had a "friend of a friend" come to the house one day, and greeted me like an old lost friend. The missus got more and more uptight as the conversation continued, and it turned out she had told the wife that she had "met" me a few days before I started going with my wife :irked: . Luckily for me I had a nice stamp in my passport proving that I wasn't even in Thailand when I supposedly met this young lady ...........sometimes that wait at immegration is worth it :lol:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 28, 2008, 11:48 am

never fear the truth it will always save your azz / if your playing with fire you will get burned /
sneaking around brings more suspicion than being open / I am happy you caught the bitch in a lie
with you immigration stamp good for you

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 28, 2008, 12:44 pm

I haven't heard that particular tale Sparky, but I am sad to say that it does not surprise me. :(
Some of my TG's female "friends" (especially the ones with a Falang somewhere in the background) often say things to her (& me) which can only be an attempt to ruin our relationship. Happily these people remain friends for an extremely short time... :D :D
Her long term friends are just that and are very nice people so I am certainly not saying this applies to all or even the majority.
I am always surprised by the attitude of these sort of people (&, in my experience it isn't limited to just women in Thailand) in that unhappiness in others brings them joy - or maybe it is just looking for an opportunity to make cash in this particular case...

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » June 28, 2008, 1:59 pm

This could be an interesting thread. Since I've been here I have had several situations where I have helped folks, driving them around, fixing their cars and generally being hospitable. Their wife/gf will talk to my wife and as Thai ladies seem to always be comparing, eventually they know who gets how much, properties owned, etc. In most cases the falang is honest and generous and friendships develop and we get together for dinner and socializing. In a few cases the wife gets blamed for putting a stain on the relationship and consequently becomes the bad guy. The common denominator I have observed in these situations is that the falangs are "cheap charlies" who control and belittle their wife/gf even going so far as to tell the lady she is worthless because she has a child and been with other men and this often coming from someone 30 years her senior. Insert Rito's soi sign here.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 28, 2008, 2:28 pm

i feel sorry for any guy who has such little self worth , they feel it neccesary to diss there partners . and thats whom you are describing. the irony is these women stand by them. something that would never happen in the west. they would be in the divorce courts quicker than ronaldo hits the deck in the penalty box.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 28, 2008, 2:33 pm

I've not experienced Sparky's problem, but it wasn't until I came to Udon that I experienced sh*t stirrers try to break up a relationship that I was in.

My gf was told by a workmate that I was all over a girl in Mambos, when I was my gf at the same time.
I gave a girl a lift home because the police were doing spot checks where her bike was parked and she didn't have insurance. A work mate of this girl told my gf I had bar fined her.
I've had a long time Aussie resident of Udon tell his neighbours that he talks to me often in the Irish Clock and I've told him I don't like my gf and will be ending our relationship soon. His neighbours are friends of ours so gf got to hear of his story. I've never met this w*nker!!!.

Is it jealousy or are half of the residents of Udon deranged?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 28, 2008, 2:38 pm

it is always easier to blame others for your own misgivings. it takes a strong person to admit they have personality issues, and an even stronger one to try and understand where these issues originated, something you have to do if you want to be a better person. its far easier and less painful to live in denial and blame other people for whatever goes wrong in your life.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 28, 2008, 2:47 pm

i think a lot of it from thai women is jealousy, to be honest. i know since we built and sold the house next to us , jans alleged friends on this estate dont even say hello to her anymore. she puts on a brave face about it , but i know shes upset, and she isnt the sort of person to show off, and has never done so, she just cant understand why she is being snubbed. my answer to it is the usual f~ck them !!!!! but im thicker skinned than her.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 28, 2008, 2:47 pm

saint wrote:it is always easier to blame others for your own misgivings. it takes a strong person to admit they have personality issues, and an even stronger one to try and understand where these issues originated, something you have to do if you want to be a better person. its far easier and less painful to live in denial and blame other people for whatever goes wrong in your life.
Is the above comment directed at me?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 28, 2008, 2:51 pm

no, it was directed at the people jetdoc discribed, unless you put yourself in that catagory, cuz i didnt.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 28, 2008, 2:52 pm

OK

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 28, 2008, 3:23 pm

shi* stirrers and girls that try to put a spanner in the works have been around for ever in los, experienced them even at the first visit...why oh why they do it we will never know, it stretches out to the Thai girls that leave los to stay with husbands and bf's and they take their pot and stirrer in their suitcase along with the 'pok-pok' tools.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » June 28, 2008, 3:40 pm

The basic problem is jealousy, I have experience about this and it ain't nice, no matter what you say the Thai informant is believed over you. Why they do this is the 64,000 dollar question, some thoughts though
1. The girl wants what your girl has ..You
2 The girl has been upset by a farang at sometime and carries out a hate thing
3. Your wife/g-f may have divulged something to someone and they are dealing with the situation
4 Thais think, this is the major problem a thinking Thai is not often a sensible one. but that is just my view. For what it is worth.
Guns

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 28, 2008, 4:34 pm

nothing would surprise me from any source. had a village guy, tell me ex, he knew me, and i had a wife already in kalasin. this, only after my 2nd visit to thailand, one vacation/dive in phuket, 2nd, i met here. but already have wife. you will recieve, or wife will, everyone possible scenary from every conceivable source. trust nobody. almost stopped going to night market meetings, because a little too much chit chat and me me me / you you you, conversations going on. you don't have, well you need. almost ended my present relationship, then reality hit and Ree has much better judgement now.

WBU doctorate for the wife's, it's a tough course, long thesis, taking great patience. let it ride and work it self out, don't argue about it, just give your opinion and info to open their eyes. their best friends will give them the worst advice how to be happy and aquire all things material, yet that friend is neither happy, or have any net worth. it is quite scary. good luck to all.

Extracuricular WBU. something the ladies almost have to go thru on their own. it's a tough road.

'your friends are breaking us apart' by Clapton comes to mind. 8)

Franco
udonmap.com

Post by Franco » June 28, 2008, 4:49 pm

Jealousy, I have a big problem with that, My missus thinks I 've got a lady in, Big C, Tesco's, Robinson's, Global you name it.............

her favourite trick is to arrange to meet me at where ever, she arrives late but she's already there for half an hour, spying on me to make sure I behave myself. As if I would, an ole git like me 8).... three years now, you think she would be tired of all this detective work

She also left her teaching job partly because she got fed up with all the snide remarks from many of her old friends. Now they are all desperatley seeking Farrangs.

sparky
udonmap.com

Post by sparky » June 28, 2008, 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone for the understanding! I appreciate it.

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » June 28, 2008, 4:59 pm

No offence but that would freak me out - having my wife spy on me in Department Stores.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 28, 2008, 5:08 pm

sparky wrote:Thanks everyone for the understanding! I appreciate it.
Don't worry about it sparky, you have not been singled out apart from being a 'farang' that is.

Franco
udonmap.com

Post by Franco » June 28, 2008, 5:21 pm

No offence but that would freak me out - having my wife spy on me in Department Stores.
I agree, but I jus laugh it off now, The grapevine in Udon is too effective, so I dont get involved, so have nothing to fear, I wish she could get it into her head that some men do like to go to bars for other things besides the women.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”