Internet Shops Being Rated

General Udon Thani topics only!
cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » August 24, 2008, 4:06 am

This is interesting, for the first time in history, at the internet cafe today
I was asked to sign into a LOG BOOK. I guess this is part of some new
law they've come-up with? In the tracking down of internet criminals?
What should I have done? I put the name down of my English neighbor. :razz:

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » August 24, 2008, 4:38 am

cali4995 wrote:In the tracking down of internet criminals?
What should I have done? I put the name down of my English neighbor. :razz:
:lol:

Gary Glitter would've sufficed! :lol:

Cliffb21001
udonmap.com

Post by Cliffb21001 » August 24, 2008, 6:49 am

Yorkman, the only problem is most people can't afford computers, so it will be a while before the Internet shops close because of that.

Cali what Internet cafe was that you had to sign in a log book?

Pop's :pirate:

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » August 24, 2008, 2:54 pm

Pop's it was in Patters, but so much has changed here over the last year.
CCTV is in most cafe's also as well as outside every 7-11 and the city
has installed their own in many areas as well. I just assumed it had to do
with new cyber-crime regulations.(the logbook)They've let the problems
go here for so long I don't think they can rein everything back in now.
It really isn't the tourists that are so much the problem, but the youngish
thugs who are getting in trouble and most often,other Thais are their victims.
Sometimes violently. I think the relationship between the local shops and the
gendarmes is sensitive at best. I know there was a scandal about improper
software installed at some places and it was claimed the BIB put it there
themselves prior to the sting and the resultant fines/payoffs. Yes, running
an internet shop is definitely a full-time job from what little I've seen. :(

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » August 24, 2008, 3:25 pm

I'm not sure how an Internet shop is going to keep logs of where the customer has been on the Internet. That's just about impossible, but the log book of customers, not sure what that will accomplish. Now the log in will let them know who was in the shop, at what time, and which computer they were on. The CCTV outside the shop is suppose to stop motorbike thefts as there are plenty of that going around, even here in Udon Thani. It's pretty easy to find software in the computers if you know how too, especially since you can opt to show all hidden programs/software. Just the other day Asiasoft was in Udon Thani, and possibly still is, to check on Internet shops that might have games that are suppose to be licensed to have on the computers. I know one shop that they had them remove the games that is distributed and licensed by Asiasoft. I know Asiasoft has someone enter the shops and see what games are on the computers, and I pretty sure the shops they hit are the ones not on their list that are licensed by them.

The big tourist areas such as Pattaya and BKK are the biggest problems, and you might add Phuket too. They have found Internet shops where kids have run away from home and moved into the back of the Internet shops, all so as to play games.

All the shops in the immediate area near my shop have been caught with kids under 18 on the computers either before 2 pm or after 10 pm, open past 12:00 am, or no operating license. We are the only shop that hasn't violated any of those and I don't have any plans of doing so either. It's not because I'm a farang, it's because it's the law here.

The inspection of the shops and rating to insure the Internet shops are set up and running by the laws set forth is a start to clean up some that need to be closed. It may not stop all the troubles and problems, it's a beginning, and I do commend them for that.

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » August 26, 2008, 12:08 pm

Well Pop Pop's Internet shop would like to announce....since we saw it posted else where on the Internet. Out of approximately 700 Internet shops in Udon Thani....Pop Pop's Net is the ONLY Internet shop in Udon Thani, that got 3 STARS. There will be celebration for this achievement, posted at a later date, unless you all want to stop by for a nooner (beer is cheap). We are now getting other Internet shop owners stopping by and trying to find out why they only got 1 or 2 stars. Urai and I are very proud of this accomplishment, and we have worked hard for the last 3 1/2 years to make it NO. 1 and keep it that way. On top of buying a new place, getting the daughter through the university, keeping the computers up and running, and visiting family in southern Thailand, it has been long and not so easy road, but we did it. Urai and I would like to thank those who trusted in us, helped us and those who believed us. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

WE ARE #1

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » August 26, 2008, 12:12 pm

Congratulations Pop it could'not happen to nicer people.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » August 26, 2008, 12:28 pm

Very well done Pops and Urai, many congratulations =D> =D>
Free the Doug 1

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 26, 2008, 12:29 pm

Congrats to you and Urai, I know you guys bust your azz to run a tight ship. See you tomorrow for a nooner :drunk:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 26, 2008, 12:45 pm

1 in 700 that is quite an achievement - many congratulations!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 26, 2008, 1:02 pm

yes, well done indeed, but im not really surprised , however it is nice to see your hard work rewarded , :D :D :D :D

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » August 26, 2008, 1:40 pm

Well done Pop's. :D Maybe we could list the internet shops on the map by star rating. Do you have a list? Will you be given a certificate to hang in the window?

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » August 26, 2008, 1:44 pm

Lee, think I will know this Friday as there is meeting of the Internet shops that day. The meeting is at Toon Koon Hotel. Will take pictures of the meeting if that is what it's for. I do know that we will have something to place on the front window to show us as the 3 star Internet shop.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 26, 2008, 3:21 pm

Congratulations you "old" lecher, it couldn't have happened to a nicer couple. Love you both Val & Phorn.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 26, 2008, 4:02 pm

Congrats to you both, no surprise here. though, Uria, i did see him partying with that yourng gal while you were..............somewhere..........................i know a good lawyer, i could always use a 3 star internet shop. should only take me a couple of months to run it into the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, have to stop over for a beer, i might even buy :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah, too funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » August 26, 2008, 4:06 pm

you are so funny LA!!!!! NOT!!!!!! So you coming over tomorrow??????

alby
udonmap.com

Post by alby » August 26, 2008, 4:08 pm

i asked to about fifty internet shops but no one knows about it. How come?

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » August 26, 2008, 4:16 pm

They can look at http://www.gatjung.com/index.php?mo=5&qid=159810 he was one of the inspectors. By the way the website is in Thai. It was posted yesterday by Gatjung. Think there were 10 other Internet shops that got either a 1 star or 2 star rating. They will be posting the name of those shops soon and the rating they got.

Alby, Trubrit has seen the list of what the inspectors are looking for, and it's all of the Internet and play station 2 shops in Thailand. Not sure if they checked all Internet and play station 2 shops as there are a lot of them. I am sure they will get around to who ever they missed. Some won't be inspected because they close shop for a few days until things clear up. But their day is coming, when they least expect it.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 26, 2008, 5:09 pm

So you coming over tomorrow??????
yea, i'll try to swing by, if i can get out of the bedroom :lol: :lol: pick up some beers at tops beforehand. what kind you want? leo or ... tiger for me, tired of that damn heiny. low motivation day today. :shock:

Rito???? need some arm twisting. 8)

that link is helpful, i see '3' and 'pop', thanks :roll: :roll:

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » August 26, 2008, 5:13 pm

tiger large is good........I think Big C is the only place that has them cold though. I could always give you a wake up call.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”