Pool table wanted (found 1 cheers)

Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free in Udon Thani
Innamincka333

Pool table wanted (found 1 cheers)

Post by Innamincka333 » July 22, 2020, 7:29 pm

Found 1
Last edited by Innamincka333 on August 17, 2020, 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Pool table wanted

Post by vincemunday » July 23, 2020, 7:16 am

Hiya, I think you might find that a pool table width is alway half the length so you would be looking for either a 7 x 3 1/2 or a 6 x 3, hope this helps.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Innamincka333

Post by Innamincka333 » July 23, 2020, 7:49 am

Ok . Thank you

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 31, 2020, 10:17 pm

seen this, I wouldn’t want it but it might be what you’re looking for.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 190310372/
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 1, 2020, 12:21 pm

Innamincka333 wrote:
July 22, 2020, 7:29 pm
Wanting a pool table
7 ft buy 3 ft Or
6 ft buy 3 ft
. wanting to pay around 20 to 25 thousand baht
50 km from close to Big C flyove rudon,

6 x 3 Slate Table. Used only by my wife. Completely wth cue stand,,score board plus one box set of pool balls,plus further set of snooker pools,
Price firm 26.oooBt., you to dismantle and takeawawy
Please pm with your telephone number inerested

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 15, 2020, 6:58 pm

Prices of new pool tables all sizes from the big sports shop over Central plaza.
Attachments
received_628503504463950.jpeg

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 15, 2020, 10:03 pm

Do some pool table research and you will learn that there is no substitute for a slate playing surface. Pay a little more for a lifetime investment. Slate is easier to level and it will stay level.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 16, 2020, 8:49 am

I think (I cant read Thai) that the price list quotes for both slate and MDF but in any case your comments surprise me. MDF is a very stable product, if thick enough and supported it will not bend or bow which is why it’s the preferred product in construction for stair treads etc and I can’t necessarily see why a table would be easier to level if it’s made in either product, surely a lot of it depends on the construction of the table and the levelling mechanism? Being a layman I would have thought the most crucial parts of a table would be the cushions and the covering fabric but not being an expert I will bow to your superior knowledge.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 16, 2020, 5:00 pm

glalt wrote:
August 15, 2020, 10:03 pm
Do some pool table research and you will learn that there is no substitute for a slate playing surface. Pay a little more for a lifetime investment. Slate is easier to level and it will stay level.
MDF tends to absorb water thus making it a lessor product over time. Slate tables are the way to go if you can afford them as usually you get a lifetime warranty on the slate bed not so with mdf table. Slate tables also play slightly faster and the frame is usually stronger than a MDF table as needs to support the additional weight.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 16, 2020, 9:15 pm

dunroaming wrote:
August 16, 2020, 5:00 pm
glalt wrote:
August 15, 2020, 10:03 pm
MDF tends to absorb water thus making it a lessor product over time. Slate tables are the way to go if you can afford them as usually you get a lifetime warranty on the slate bed not so with mdf table. Slate tables also play slightly faster and the frame is usually stronger than a MDF table as needs to support the additional weight.
A friend of mine has a table that the playing surface is some sort of composit. He paid a crew 5,000 baht to level it. It is leveled with a lot of tapered wooden shims. It played pretty well for a year or so then developed high and low spots. The balls just would no longer roll straight. It was frustrating to play on.

I bought a pool table in Bangkok. It had a concrete top that was flooded with some sort of epoxy. I thought for sure it would be a good table. After the epoxy dried it shrunk but did no shrink evenly. There was no way of fixing it.

Now I have an eight foot slate top Rino table. I was curious to see what kind of level they would use to level it. They used no level at all. They used a laser. It is still perfect and fully guaranteed for ten years. I paid 84,500 baht for everything. All accesories came with it including LED lighting and four good quality Raid cue sticks. The price included everything. It was lot of money but I have no regrets. Normally you get what you paid for. High quality second hand US name brand tables start at more than 100,000 baht.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Pool table wanted (found 1 cheers)

Post by vincemunday » August 18, 2020, 9:38 am

Mine is also slate, we actually levelled it ourselves using 2 spirit levels and a car jack, fortunately we seem to have got it pretty near perfect but mine sits on four adjustable feet that make it very easy to level, no wedges thank heavens.

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » September 27, 2020, 12:04 pm

After looking around unsuccessfully for a good used one, decided to order a new Rhino 4' X 8' Sport model last year. The three man crew arrived from Bangkok and had it installed and laser leveled in around 6 hrs. to my satisfaction/COD. It sits on a tiled slab 100% UV & rain protected patio area. Came with many extras. 850 lbs-rock solid. Its giving the family and me many hours of enjoyment. Well worth the slightly xtra $$ imo. Tom, the boss down in BKK, told me 'don't ever move it, or stand on it'
Table #1.jpg
Table #2.jpg
Table #3.jpg
[/b][/b]

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 27, 2020, 12:24 pm

Could you put up his contact details? Always handy to have a contact in case I ever need a refurb etc.

Muni3
udonmap.com

Post by Muni3 » September 27, 2020, 12:55 pm

Hi. I'm considering buying either the Sport or Classic table. I just sent you a PM with a question

Muni3
udonmap.com

Post by Muni3 » September 27, 2020, 1:09 pm

The PM doesn't seem to want to go(?) Would it be possible to come see the table? Any day and time that is good for you is fine. My number is 086 219 2217. Thanks & good luck with the table

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 27, 2020, 2:43 pm

Muni3 wrote:
September 27, 2020, 12:55 pm
Hi. I'm considering buying either the Sport or Classic table. I just sent you a PM with a question
I bought the Rino Sport because of the four legs. I thought it looks better. My wife says it makes it easier to clean under the table.

I'm also a believer in that old saying that if you buy quality, you soon forget the extra cost.

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » September 27, 2020, 3:59 pm

https://rhinopooltables.com/

Tom is the owner/boss - he'll answer all your questions
please tell him recommended by Roger, Udon

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 27, 2020, 6:11 pm

ezrider wrote:
September 27, 2020, 3:59 pm
https://rhinopooltables.com/

Tom is the owner/boss - he'll answer all your questions
please tell him recommended by Roger, Udon
Tom is indeed a great guy to work with. You can tell him that Gary in Nong Hin also highly recommended him, his crew and the Rino pool tables.

Muni3
udonmap.com

Post by Muni3 » October 12, 2020, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the help. We decided to go with the RHINO Classic (brown color matched floor tiles, etc). Installers arrived Saturday morning as promised. 3 hours later they were done. Really nice that the table came complete. By the time the installers drove away, we were shooting pool

Return to “Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free”