Beware of Lazada.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Re: Beware of Lazada.

Post by BKK-Udon » March 9, 2021, 7:45 am

I used to think Lazada and Kerry were the cat’s meow; wide selection and great delivery.

As they have grown exponentially, problems are now much more widespread. I now agree with the thread title, Beware Lazada, but still will continue to cautiously use them.

Most annoying to me is the unregulated pricing and multiple listings by vendors. For kicks, try sorting a search by most expensive first. You will find listings for under 1k Baht items up to 10s of thousands of Baht! Some items show dozens of identical listings by the same vendor, many with the same price and many with wide ranging prices. Btw, no more search by ‘top rated’ really sucks.

The other Lazada feature which has gone from bad to worse is tracking. I used to receive most items so quickly I wouldn’t even look, but when I did I was annoyed by the useless information; arrived depot, departed depot, arrived depot, departed depot. I shared my annoyance with customer care multiple times, thinking that if they heard it often they might change. The change was for the worse as they closed down the LEX trackng website. The overdue package I am waiting for now has 6 tracking updates, all arriving and departing... from the same depot, Chachangsao! Another package has repeatedly departed and arrived in Loei, I’m thinking that is a problem as I’m in Udon.

Lastly, 3 times I have received an update ‘delivery attempt failed’ from Flash express. I’m sure no attempt was made and the packeges usually show up 2-3 days later, never the next day. My guss is the driver didn’t want to make the drive to Ban Tat, and has to clear the load for accounting purposes.

Beware Lazada!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 9, 2021, 8:13 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 8, 2021, 11:34 pm
Whistler wrote:
March 8, 2021, 10:25 pm
choi choi wrote:
March 8, 2021, 10:13 pm
Whistler wrote:
March 8, 2021, 8:17 pm
Ordered a sanding disc kit.

Checked for delivery date today for 2 week old order. Message says customer cancelled....BS. No option to say supplier did cancellation. Lazada is cheap but not cheerful, anybody had a better experience with Shopee?
I have had a couple of cancellations.
I think items too cheap to be arsed about with.
Dont think Lazada at fault, but the seller. No big deal
not a big transaction 285 bhat. But cancelled by customer? Sellers that manipulate by saying customer cancelled is not that good a look. At the least customer should be able to respond
You can respond via the chat function with customer care in your account link.
Here I got another Catch-22

I got message that Lazada had noticed unusual traffic from my device, little slider bar on my phone to retry, didn't work so got same message over and over again.

Could not use chat to report login problem, because you cannot use to chat unless you are logged in. Called the number displayed earlier on this thread and they said common problem (begs the question why they had not fixed it), clear cache and cookies and try again. Same problem but I eventually got in. There is no option on order to refute status erroneously put in by seller.

Its getting harder and harder to use Lazada.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 9, 2021, 9:30 am

Whistler wrote:
March 9, 2021, 8:13 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 8, 2021, 11:34 pm

You can respond via the chat function with customer care in your account link.
There is no option on order to refute status erroneously put in by seller.
As I mentioned you go to your account link at the bottom of the screen, scroll down to the “My Service” section, then click on “Chat with Customer Care” you are then not limited to pre selected problems or can add clarifying information.
Easy? Moderately to quite easy to connect to chat.
Good interface design? Not very, as you need your order details which aren’t displayed.

You will need either a second device for the details of your order or to write it down unless you are using a device that can have 2 concurrent apps displayed simultaneously, most phones can’t do this
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » March 9, 2021, 9:35 am

Actually, it works to click out of the chat, go to the orders listing and copy the number, then go back into chat. I was surprised.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 9, 2021, 10:12 am

Two orders placed in the last couple of weeks, both with six items each and, unusually for me, including items from China. Both orders fulfilled within fours days for the local stuff. One item was redelivered the following day after I missed the delivery guys first call and without any need to contact the shipping company or lazada. The longest delivery time was only eight days for the China stuff.

I feel I must be doing something wrong.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 9, 2021, 12:28 pm

tamada wrote:
March 9, 2021, 10:12 am
Two orders placed in the last couple of weeks, both with six items each and, unusually for me, including items from China. Both orders fulfilled within fours days for the local stuff. One item was redelivered the following day after I missed the delivery guys first call and without any need to contact the shipping company or lazada. The longest delivery time was only eight days for the China stuff.

I feel I must be doing something wrong.
Hardly, people often can’t be bothered to post good news.

We’ve had about 19 orders with around 60 items this year, 2 items cancelled by us with funds refunded fast. Zero problems all delivered quickly.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 17, 2021, 9:52 am

Not so much a beware, more a mild irritation.

I’ve got a slack handful of orders of tat due over the next week of stuff I couldn’t buy in Mr DIY.
The earliest order was due 16th to 19th so yesterday at 10:30 I checked tracking on the app & the package was still showing in Bangkok. No problem, let’s go out for lunch. No sooner had we reached the centre of town, maybe 20 mins, I get a message that they will deliver within the hour, bugger. I then get the advance warning call maybe 5 mins later & the courier is actually stood outside the house so not much of a warning.
They left the package in our “safe place” as requested so no problem there.
This was Kerry & we seem to have had a few issues where they don’t update the records in a timely basis lately which I guess will be a ploblem for people without a “safe place” & need to be in to receive
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 8, 2021, 10:41 am

I seem to be having problems with Flash Express, no one else at all, just Flash
A couple of previous deliveries were really late as in past the delivery window day & 9pm at night which wasn’t filling me full of confidence.
I then had a recent delivery where they kept putting on the tracking that they’d tried contacting me to make delivery, they hadn’t & eventually they put I refused the order on the doorstep so it was returning to supplier which was BS too. I contacted Lazada & must have got hold of the most useless rep ever who wouldn’t even refund me for the undelivered purchase (I went up the chain & got the refund).

Anyhow, placed some further orders & one was using Flash again so I was following the tracking closely. It then turns out at the same time Mrs N has asked a family member in Sakeo to send an important document & unfortunately they used Flash too.
My order arrived in Udon on the 4th & didn’t move again. Mrs N’s was out for delivery yesterday & they called at 8pm to try & deliver, eventually arriving at 8.30pm. Mrs N got her document so happy, they then asked if we’d ordered anything else producing a package from Lazada. I said we had but they said it couldn’t be scanned so I showed them the tracking & it was a different bar code for some reason. The parcel was definitely my order because it had the supplier name & I could tell be the shape. 3 frantic phone calls to the depot later he hands it over & insists he takes a picture of me holding it 🤨
I’ve now got my order but both the Lazada & Flash websites say it’s still in the depot. Maybe I’ll get another item or a refund? I’m just sitting it out.

We have courier companies in the UK just as useless, Hermes for one. They’re cheap & if the item goes through the system all it well but any slight problem turns into a huge cock up. There were videos before Xmas showing them auctioning off all the unclaimed undelivered parcels sight unseen.

Anyway, I’ve not been able to find a way to see what courier a supplier is using until the order is placed, anyone?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2021, 11:07 am

Flash were the only shipper that had issues with my home delivery address when they started as a delivery partner. None of the others like Kerry had issues and it was an address that Thailand Post had no problems with either. I did edit the address on file, an exercise in semantics, that resolved Flash's issue. I then had to wait for a couple or three subsequent orders before the new address was confirmed as working by the other 'no problem' carriers.

AFAIK, the only way of finding out what delivery partner they use is to message/chat with the seller before purchase. This being the land of YMMV and TiT in itself could open a can o' worms.

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » April 8, 2021, 11:10 am

Flash has pulled the false info on me 3 different times, “delivery attempt unsuccessful”. They lost my last purchase (the one I mentioned had been departing and arriving repeatedly in Chachaengsao) accordng to the tracking. The phone number for Flash in the Lazada app is not a working number. It was Lazada who notified me Flash had lost the freezer.

A vendor made a comment in chat about “which courier Lazada chooses...”. I didn’t try to get further clarification.

The refund for my lost freezer is in limbo as there was a typo (two digits transposed) in the account number Lazada sent it to. Luckily, the bank says it created an invalid number, so no one else received my refund. Lazada is looking into it.

I re ordered the freezer from a different vendor and two days after I got it, the Lazada app still showed “processing”. It was shipped on LEX and took a week from BKK.

My last order was on Shoppee, and arrived two days after ordering. Kerry had it for only 26 hours, and it was 6 large rolls of insulation from Bangkok \:D/ !

I should probably try and stay off the shopping apps a bit!

Edit: My overall success rate (flawless transactions) on Lazada is probably over 95%. Never had an issue which didn’t eventually get resolved.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 8, 2021, 1:18 pm

Yes, it only seems to be with Flash we have problems.
Thai Post, LEL Express (Lazada own?), LEX TH (another Lazada?), IKEA, Kerry to name the few I remember never have problems. They all use the same delivey address which I’ve even put GPS location in it so all they have to do it plug it in their phone & it’ll take them right to our doorstep.

It could be something to do with how much the driver can be arsed to try. The chap late last night had his wife & two kids with him in a regular truck. Mrs N was chatting to them while waiting for me & it’s his little part time job to supplement his day job hence the late time. He’s only been doing it a month. Apparently he admitted to recognising our address a week or so ago but didn’t have time to really find it (read couldn’t be arsed) so took it back to the depot along with loads more he didn’t deliver on the round which seems a regular occurrence. The depot must have put the false info on the website. I guess they’re used to it & know the workaround

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 8, 2021, 8:01 pm

Well Flash have just “delivered” my parcel at 19:46 this evening. The tracking shows they called me, delivered the parcel & got a signature POD.
Just shows they can put anything they want on Lazada (& their own) tracking information. The bit that really irks though is there doesn’t appear to be anyway it can be challenged so it’s weighted in their favour.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 2:03 pm

Looks like Lazada’s owner hasn’t been playing nicely
China hits Alibaba with record $2.78bn fine
Bangkok Post
11/04/2021

SHANGHAI: Chinese regulators hit the e-commerce giant Alibaba with a record 18.2 billion yuan (US$2.78 billion) fine on Saturday over practices deemed to be an abuse of the company's dominant market position.
Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce leader and one of the world's most valuable companies, said it accepted the penalty and pledged to outline plans on Monday for bringing its operations in compliance.
The fine appeared to cap a government crackdown on major Chinese tech platforms, and Alibaba in particular, over allegations of anti-competitive behaviour and misuse of consumer data.
The State Administration for Market Regulation said it assessed the fine after concluding an investigation into Alibaba that began in December.
The probe centred on Alibaba's practice of forbidding merchants who wish to sell their wares on its popular online marketplaces from simultaneously offering them on rival e-commerce sites.
"Since 2015, Alibaba Group has abused its dominant position in the market" with the exclusivity requirement, the regulator said.
The requirement harmed competition, innovation, and the interests of merchants and consumers, it added.
The fine was a record and nearly three times the almost $1 billion levied against Qualcomm in 2015, Bloomberg said.
The size of the penalty was determined after the market watchdog decided to fine Alibaba four percent of its 2019 sales of 455.7 billion yuan.
Shortly after the decision was announced Alibaba issued a contrite statement that used many of the government's recent talking points on the issue, pledging to make changes to safeguard fair competition.
"We accept the penalty with sincerity and will ensure our compliance with determination,” it said.
The company said it would hold a conference call with investors on Monday to share its "thoughts and plans for the long-term healthy development of our business in the future."
"We are committed to ensuring an operating environment for our merchants and partners that is more open, more equitable, more efficient and more inclusive in sharing the fruits of growth," it said.
Big Tech under scrutiny
E-commerce giants Alibaba and JD.com, along with messaging-and-gaming colossus Tencent, became hugely profitable on the back of growing Chinese digital lifestyles and government restrictions on major US competitors in the domestic market.
But as the platforms amassed hundreds of millions of regular users, concern has risen over their influence in China, where tech-savvy consumers use them to communicate, shop, pay bills, book taxis, take out loans and perform a range of other daily tasks.
Alibaba has faced special scrutiny after co-founder Jack Ma publicly criticised Chinese regulators in October as being stuck in the past after they expressed growing concern over the push into online lending, wealth management and insurance products by Alibaba's online-payments arm, Ant Group.
The government has in recent years sought to rein in runaway personal debt and chaotic lending, and upstart Ant's growing profile — and Ma's rare public criticism — have been widely viewed as a challenge to vested interests in the country's state-dominated financial sphere.
The government campaign against its tech giants reflects the growing global unease with the clout wielded by Big Tech and which has Facebook, Google and others also facing scrutiny at home and abroad.
Even before Saturday's announcement, the Chinese crackdown had already cost Alibaba and Ma dearly.
A planned record-shattering $35 billion Hong Kong-Shanghai IPO by Ant Group, which would have added to Ma's already massive wealth, was abruptly shelved.
Ma subsequently disappeared from public view for weeks, and Ant Group was ordered by regulators to return to its roots as an online payment services provider. Shares of major tech players have suffered amid fears of further fines and restrictions.
The Wall Street Journal reported last month that Alibaba was also being pushed to shed wide-ranging media assets, including a potential sale of Hong Kong's South China Morning Post.

fhorst
udonmap.com

Post by fhorst » April 13, 2021, 2:14 am

Flash express is also a pain for us
Their "updates" are crap and often sign themselves.

We usually do get the packageg, a day of 5 later.

We order a lot.
Mostly due price and availability.
I'm not going to pay 850 THB for spray paint can when they are 200 THB on Lazada.

Sure, the shop needs to make money, but keep it real.

Things like cat food, you "can't" find in Phen. 20kg bags cost 650-900 THB include delivery.
7 kg bag at lotus: 499
Same "low quality" food.
With a usage of +/-75 kg per month..
That is a biggy.

Overall we are happy with Lazada.
It would be great if the app could translate, now I often need to use the computer (Chrome)
No problems with popups, add-block (chrome plugin) works great.
If it can't be done, it never happened..

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 30, 2021, 9:29 pm

Well that was a long tenure, she’s “stepping down”
Niggly wrote:
March 8, 2021, 7:01 pm
Liu makes history at Lazada
Bangkok Post
08/03/2021,

Jessica Liu was made chief executive of Lazada Thailand in January 2021, becoming the firm's first female country CEO. She still maintains the positions of president of Lazada Group and head of LazMall, where sellers operate their online shops.
Last year, Ms Liu was featured in the inaugural Singapore 100 Women in Tech (SGWIT) list, recognised as one of the pioneers in e-commerce and a contributor to the tech sector.
From 2012 to 2019, she was general manager of Tmall Fashion and Luxury at Alibaba Group. Tmall serves as business-to-consumer online retail platform.
Under her leadership, Tmall became the biggest fashion B2C online platform in China and the destination of choice for global fashion houses.
In 2018, she founded the Tmall Luxury Pavilion, a leading platform for luxury and premium goods, and the Alibaba Luxury Goods Logistics Centre, where over 200 luxury brands digitalised their operations with Tmall.
She also curated the inaugural "China Day" programme for New York Fashion Week, which subsequently expanded to Milan and Paris Fashion Weeks. Before joining Alibaba Group in 2012, Ms Liu held management roles in a variety of divisions across Amazon China between 2005 and 2012.
As she was made chief executive of Lazada Thailand early this year, she said her priorities now are to ensure the company continues to "deliver best-in-class services and top-notch offerings to our customers".
In all positions she has held, she said her mind-set will always be customer-first.
"Having such a north star has helped me in my past roles, when I led Tmall to become China's largest fashion B2C online platform and founded Tmall's Luxury Pavillion for luxury and premium goods to go online," she said.
According to her, Thailand's e-commerce industry is now at 294 billion baht, up 81% from 2019. The segment's exponential growth is likely to continue to accelerate this year, she said.
"As Lazada is backed by Alibaba's ecosystem, I can use my experiences at Alibaba to bring best practices and key learnings to grow Lazada Thailand," said Ms Liu.
"One of Alibaba Group core values is 'Customers first, Employees second, Stakeholders third' -- it is the top priority shared across Alibaba and Lazada."
She said once Lazada is committed to building a sustainable infrastructure in technology and logistics as well as partnerships in the ecosystem, this would help brands and sellers to grow all along, which in turn would be a boon for Lazada platform that can offer a wider range of products, assortments and options for customers.
Referring to her motto and principle of management, Ms Liu said: "The ability to adapt to change, as well as to help others to do the same, has always been a guiding principle for me -- whether it's for our brands, sellers or staff."
She also highlighted the importance of trust.
"I would say 'change is the only constant' and 'trust makes things simple' are two of the company's values that have been my mottos all along," she said.
According to Ms Liu, women make up 40% of Lazada's employees and the company's executive chairwoman Lucy Peng serves as a role model for many staff.
She said more than a third of her colleagues on the senior management team are females and the company has introduced a string of initiatives to support career development of young female talents.
"As a wife and mother, I can relate to the challenges that many working women have in having to balance work life with home life," she said.
"I have been very fortunate to work for companies such as Alibaba and Lazada, which have inclusive and supportive workplace cultures that embrace diversity."

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 30, 2021, 9:55 pm

Just received My T bags with Lazada! Flash delivery. 2 days!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 31, 2021, 8:46 am

choi choi wrote:
May 30, 2021, 9:55 pm
You buy T bags through Lazada........OMG !!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 31, 2021, 9:20 am

I hate shopping so I use Lazada a lot. I would rate their service as good, not great but good. I have had hundreds of orders. The few problems I have had were mostly orders from overseas. The bottom line is that I have never lost a baht. I will continue to to be a Lazada customer.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 31, 2021, 9:27 am

glalt wrote:
May 31, 2021, 9:20 am
I hate shopping so I use Lazada a lot. I would rate their service as good, not great but good. I have had hundreds of orders. The few problems I have had were mostly orders from overseas. The bottom line is that I have never lost a baht. I will continue to to be a Lazada customer.
Completely with you, it’s also possible to find products there that are like hens teeth locally

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 31, 2021, 5:28 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 31, 2021, 8:46 am
choi choi wrote:
May 30, 2021, 9:55 pm
You buy T bags through Lazada........OMG !!
125 baht! Whats wrong with that? Whats the drama?

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”