Sand Bags

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Tracechain
udonmap.com

Sand Bags

Post by Tracechain » March 13, 2012, 4:16 am

Here's a dumb one. Does anyone know where to buy sand bags or a good bag to use as a sand bag? Being retired military, I am only used to one size and style, olive drab and either cloth or plastic and about the same size as what the small bags of black plotting soil come in but would need to be stronger. I want to shore up around a door prior to rainy season. Thanks.

Also, I'll add another topic. Does anyone know where to get a good shower curtain rod? Bought one at Home Pro but it is too flimsy and sags worse than my chin, even with a light curtain. I want one you can do pull ups on if possible. Too old for pull ups, just want it stay up and not be on the floor every morning. Too old now to bend over in the shower.....

Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Sand Bags

Post by papaguido » March 13, 2012, 6:27 am

Can't help with the sand bags, often wondered myself but never gave much effort to look for them.

As for your curtain rod, are you using the type that twist to expand and contract? Those are crap. The one I have may be assembled for various configurations (e.g. straight, u-shape, l-shape) and screwed into the wall. They're available in different sizes. Actually, the kit comes with 2 rods or 3 rods and each rod is 90cm in length. Easily trimmed with hack saw if too long (been there, done that). Available at Global & Homepro:

maaka
udonmap.com

Sand Bags

Post by maaka » March 13, 2012, 9:23 am

would rice sacks do soldier.?? small lane opposite the Ban Chiang Hotel, far end on right is a rice mechants shop..
as for the shower rod. if you have a rod, just squirt some of that wall board fixing paste down the center of it until its filled up..it should set and go rock hard...nothing like a rock hard rod in the shower I always say..

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Sand Bags

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 13, 2012, 11:51 am

Yes rice sacks will do the job for you BUT have a low tolerance to direct sun light. 6 months, max
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”