circuit tester

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
douglas
udonmap.com

circuit tester

Post by douglas » May 28, 2012, 2:24 pm

Hi,
I use a Martindale check plug. This only checks correct wiring. Costs less than 10GBP's. Should be able to buy here.
As for R.C.D.'s as we call them back home There are two types. A delayed type, which i will not go into, used where surge protection is used in the cct. and the G, for general use, which is instantaneous, without a time delay.
Min breaking time is immediate. Max break time
I have not got a triangle on my comp. so will put Tri. in place.
200ms for 1 x 1Tri.A
150ms for 2 x 1Tri.A
40ms for 5 x 1Tri.A.
These are according to U.K. regs.
The worllds first high senstivity E.L.P.S. was a second harmonic magnetic Amp. core balance system. Known as the Magamp. This was not all that good so a mining engeneer in South Africa, in the gold mines, called Henri Rubin, in 1955 brought out the R.C.D. It was so good in 1956, after a miners wife, living in a mines house was electrocuted. This brought about the installation of the R.C.D.'s in all the mines property. It wasn't until 1980 that U.K. and the U.S.A. passed a law to installed them in new houses. The U.S.A. with being only 120V's had a lot of false tripping of these devices. Which at the time was a big problem.
R.C.D.s used for shock protection in the U.K. must be the immediate type (no time delay) and must have a R.C. rating of no greater than 30mA.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”