spare parts

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
perthguy

spare parts

Post by perthguy » May 19, 2013, 12:28 pm

In Udon i require spare parts for Phillips electric shaver [ new head ] anybody know shop that sells parts :

papaguido
udonmap.com

spare parts

Post by papaguido » May 19, 2013, 12:49 pm

perthguy wrote:In Udon i require spare parts for Phillips electric shaver [ new head ] anybody know shop that sells parts :
I also use a Phillips electric shaver and I've had no luck in finding replacement parts. Robinsons carries the best selection of electric shavers and the last time I looked they only had replacement heads for the Braun electric shaver.

I pretty much gave up looking, but the shavers are located in a glass case in the home appliance section if you want to have a look yourself.

parrot
udonmap.com

spare parts

Post by parrot » May 19, 2013, 1:42 pm

You could try an email to
e-Mail : [email protected] (shown on their website)

or try their Bangkok phone number for shaver related issues at 02 268 8555

or
try their service center in Udon.....which address I'm unable to find online....but it could be the small service center next to AEK. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

spare parts

Post by jimboLV » May 19, 2013, 2:54 pm

Yes that little shop next to AEK is a Phillips service center. I tried there about 3 years ago. The guy said he didn't stock the cutters, would have to order from Bangkok. When I gave him the model number, he said that since it was an American razor the cutter wouldn't fit. :shock: I couldn't believe this, as they are sold worldwide, and I doubt that they would make a separate cutter for every country. He flat out refused to even order it.

Anyway shortly after this, the battery started to go, and looking at the cost of a new battery and cutters, decided to go ahead and buy a new one. I didn't like the selection at Robinson's, so I found a place in Udon that had a Panasonic that was quite inexpensive. I tried it out but was no satisfied with the performance. So we happened to be in Ayuthaya that had a large selection so I bought one there. I asked if they sold replacement cutters and they said no, but they would order for me. That was a couple years ago, and I now find myself looking for cutters again. So, I will try the email route and see what happens. I am baffled that Robinson's would not carry the replacement cutters, since they need replacement every year or two. Oh well that's the price you have to pay for living here in Paradise. :lol:

fdimike
udonmap.com

spare parts

Post by fdimike » May 19, 2013, 10:42 pm

Robinsons used to carry the replacement cutters however, that's no longer the case. I cycled all over UT 1 day looking for the elusive service center and finally learned that Phillips does not have a service center in UT according to their BKK operation. The cutters are available only in BKK at their service center. You can check on line for the location. I finally gave up and simply ordered them from Ebay which I found to be a whole lot easier.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”