New Tires for Truck ???

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
kubotatim
udonmap.com

New Tires for Truck ???

Post by kubotatim » October 5, 2015, 5:18 pm

why, ???

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

New Tires for Truck ???

Post by FrazeeDK » October 5, 2015, 6:59 pm

I can't really give an opinion on the Michelin or Yokohama, but I have factory Bridgestone Duelers on my Isuzu 4 door D-Max. I've got nearly 50,000 km on them and I'd say I could probably get at least another year out of them, so tread wear is pretty good. But, they have large lugs for semi-off-road so have a lot of road noise on the highway. They also are a hard rubber and squeal quite a bit when doing U-turns.. Also, their road-holding capability isn't that good, particularly on wet pavement... When I get them replaced, I'll shop around to find some truck tires with a road treat versus the semi-off-road treat.. I'm sure they will give a better ride, perhaps better gas mileage, and better road performance
Dave

430xc
udonmap.com

New Tires for Truck ???

Post by 430xc » October 5, 2015, 7:18 pm

Thank you all for the time taken to respond to my thread.

One question that has come up that I do not know how to answer is that tires made in Thailand, be they Michelin or Yokohama or Bridgestone may be different than those made in other parts of the world. I don't know if this is true. Does anyone have reliable info on this?

JR
udonmap.com

New Tires for Truck ???

Post by JR » October 5, 2015, 9:38 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:I can't really give an opinion on the Michelin or Yokohama, but I have factory Bridgestone Duelers on my Isuzu 4 door D-Max. I've got nearly 50,000 km on them and I'd say I could probably get at least another year out of them, so tread wear is pretty good. But, they have large lugs for semi-off-road so have a lot of road noise on the highway. They also are a hard rubber and squeal quite a bit when doing U-turns.. Also, their road-holding capability isn't that good, particularly on wet pavement... When I get them replaced, I'll shop around to find some truck tires with a road treat versus the semi-off-road treat.. I'm sure they will give a better ride, perhaps better gas mileage, and better road performance
You are right they give good mileage. That is because their hard compound, bakelit-typr rubber. And also why they have no grip whatsoever in the wet.

430xc
udonmap.com

New Tires for Truck ???

Post by 430xc » October 14, 2015, 5:37 pm

With the recommendation and help of a British friend, I visited a tire shop in downtown Udon, a short distance west of Makro. We talked to the owner, a Thai man with lots of experience in the tire business. We talked about Michelin, Yokohama, Bridgestone and Goodyear tires. He felt that Michelin tires with their steel belts made it heat up too much in the hot Thai environment. He agreed that Bridgestone is long lasting but lacking in traction due to hardness of the tire.

So I settled on a set of Goodyear Wrangler HP tires. I was told that they will give me good traction especially on hard surfaces. I paid less than 4500 baht each, including trade-in for my old tires. Mounting balancing and checking alignment was included.

After driving for a few days, I found the tires got good traction, especially on the wet roads. They seem to be a little bit quieter than the original Bridgestones. We will see in a couple of years how well they wear. For now, I am pleased with the tires.

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

430xc

RLTrader
udonmap.com

New Tires for Truck ???

Post by RLTrader » October 15, 2015, 5:25 pm

Little late but got 4 Goodyear tires at the Goodyear shop near Makro maybe a little over a year ago. Maybe about 6 months one got weird is all I can say, guy at garage said I should replace them all, now I think he was right, but only replaced the one. Another 3 or 4 months stopped to get air at tire shop near me, they spotted same problem on another tire. I decided to replace all 4 with Michelin.

As far as heat goes, Udon is no hotter than Florida where I use to live for many years, and I never heard so much BS about heat in Udon and tires than on UdonMap. WTF

fatbob
udonmap.com

New Tires for Truck ???

Post by fatbob » October 16, 2015, 11:11 am

RLTrader wrote: by RLTrader » October 15, 2015, 5:25 pm

Little late but got 4 Goodyear tires at the Goodyear shop near Makro maybe a little over a year ago. Maybe about 6 months one got weird is all I can say, guy at garage said I should replace them all, now I think he was right, but only replaced the one. Another 3 or 4 months stopped to get air at tire shop near me, they spotted same problem on another tire. I decided to replace all 4 with Michelin.

As far as heat goes, Udon is no hotter than Florida where I use to live for many years, and I never heard so much BS about heat in Udon and tires than on UdonMap. WTF

More miss information being posted, google up the effects of heat on tires. You last sentence is total BS!

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”