Beware of Lazada.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Tartempion
udonmap.com

Re: Beware of Lazada.

Post by Tartempion » February 4, 2021, 6:15 am

I finally am fed up with Lazada.
Usually order several articles each month.
Ordered a 256GB Iphone X 27 dec because they arent sold in shops anymore.
Murphy's law #1 applied, all went wrong, spare you the full saga.
Defect phone was delivred and vendor has all the rights to decide yes/no return, then yes/no refund.
Buyer beware: you have zero rights besides waiting vendor verdict.
Took one month and useless mails to Lazada who's reply was "wait vendor decision"
I got reimbursed in the end but can miss all the stress caused by a malafide vendor.

Yesterdays Lazada reply to my final complaint is this: Thank you for contacting us. Please note that case has been closed. If you have any other questions, please contact us via Live Chat at http://www.lazada.co.th/contact/

I still ordered a 15k Haier freezer later in december because was cheaper with Laz than Home Pro, but next time will buy anything +5k direct with shop or online With Home Pro or similar, free delivery and better guarantee if delivered article is ----.
I wanted an induction cooker and ordered with Home Pro online, super fast delivery and cheaper than Lazada, Electrolux promotion.
I now limit my Lazada purchases avoiding trips to Udon for mostly less than 1k purchases, with wife and 10y young daugther there is no life without rubbish purchases. Still went to Central to buy a skateboard for her birthday.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2021, 6:42 am

^ There's a far better selection of skateboards on lazada these days.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 4, 2021, 7:46 am

Tartempion wrote:
February 4, 2021, 6:15 am
Ordered a 256GB Iphone X 27 dec because they arent sold in shops anymore.
Murphy's law #1 applied, all went wrong, spare you the full saga.
I got reimbursed in the end
I wanted an induction cooker and ordered with Home Pro online, super fast delivery and cheaper than Lazada, Electrolux promotion.
I am interested in why you wanted a 2 year old (almost certainly used) phone not a current or slightly newer older model iPhone X🅁 or 11 guaranteed to be new unused direct from Apple?

With used equipment it’s a gamble as to if it’s going to work perfectly, more so with a mobile device where either the battery has been replaced or is on its last legs. But you did luck out and get refunded.

AFIK HomePro never sells used stuff so the risks are significantly lower anyway.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » February 4, 2021, 9:19 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 4, 2021, 7:46 am
I am interested in why you wanted a 2 year old (almost certainly used) phone not a current or slightly newer older model iPhone X🅁 or 11 guaranteed to be new unused direct from Apple?

With used equipment it’s a gamble as to if it’s going to work perfectly, more so with a mobile device where either the battery has been replaced or is on its last legs. But you did luck out and get refunded.

AFIK HomePro never sells used stuff so the risks are significantly lower anyway.
Because my ten year young has been dammaging my ears by wanting an iphone 12 and my answer was " I will not buy you a 30k Apple something" Thus we have been arguing for months for some substitute cheaper birthday present.
I finally and reluctantly ceded for a less expensive outdated but brand new iphone X.

Anyway, the order was was not the issue but the Lazada producure which gives all the power to the selller unlike Paypall which gives the buyer all the power.
Thus Lazada has moved to last choice of vendors.

As for the skateboard and many items: seeing and trying gets my favor, a 150B Lazada skateboard?
And finally a 790B skateboard comes cheaper than a 15k outdated iphone X.
Se is happily rolling and falling on the ground....lots of plasters around the house.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2021, 10:29 am

^ iPhone's tend to hold a unique place in the "must-have" gadgetry world here and as a result, even late model stuff is quickly recycled. I reckon buying such stuff online can only be perilous. Against my recommendations, Mrs tam tried an iPhone... struggled and subsequently lost it. I was gifted an iPad that I in turn gifted to Mrs tam... it's now stuck in that horrible splash-screen boot loop. Since there's no other Apple-ish people in my tribe and the convoluted online recovery method via Windows of opening an iTunes account and letting that patch the corrupted boot didn't work, it now gathers dust. I feel for you when a 10 year-old is sufficiently suckered by juvenile peer pressure at school to demand a 30,000 baht smartphone.

I have a house full of skateboarders and the retail selection in Udon is poor and overpriced. I would never consider buying a 150 baht skateboard over the counter or online. lazada is an online market with loads of rubbish which is easily spotted by being A ) cheap, and B ) coming from China. If you are looking for a bargain, it's best to shop locally where you can indeed check exactly what you are getting. Going online and buying the cheapest is a shortcut to a mountain of woe. My last skateboard bargain on lazada was two for 1000 baht. Same build and quality as the ones in stores here costing nearer 800 baht each.

Most of the tough luck stories that propagate this thread were the result of buying stuff online based solely on the low price. Caveat emptor.

Good news that she's happily skateboarding now. My experience is that it's something they come back to again and again between cooling off periods. It's when they start asking for upgrades and the iPhone equivalents of boards that it starts to get all dodgy again!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2021, 11:04 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 4, 2021, 7:46 am
... AFIK HomePro never sells used stuff so the risks are significantly lower anyway.
I did experience repackaged or second-hand goods being put back on the shelves at a couple of Homepro branches in Pattaya about five years ago. At first, I wasn't sure if it was just the staff taping up of a box that had been mangled by a curious shopper. The clincher was when I brought back a non-functioning basic home alarm system that they happily gave me a full refund for as there were no more in stock. The following week, the dud unit I had returned was back on the shelf, the box all sticky-taped up and the were asking full price.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 4, 2021, 12:20 pm

^ one of yours?

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2021, 12:43 pm

^ If only they were that talented...

Oldest one, who jacked her job about 10 days ago, just got up around noon and is having her bloody shower!

(Great legs tho')

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 4, 2021, 12:57 pm

Our 19yo son has just been video calling Mrs N & The Girl. Considering the 7 hour time difference I don’t think he’s awake early, more likely still up from last night

(Never really looked at his legs)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 4, 2021, 1:04 pm

Anyway, Lazada.
I wouldn’t really buy anything expensive on line even in the UK where there is better buyer protection with PayPal & I can communicate with the help desk in my own language.
If I’m going to spend a chunk of change I want to see it, touch it, feel it before I part with my cash.

As an aside, I’ve been using COD up until a couple of weeks ago when the driver wouldn’t hand over the parcel to check before I handed over the money. Said it’s new policy(?) but it defeats the object for me so I’ve started just using bank transfers. Saves fannying around looking for the exact money.

Have I mentioned I like tat?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 8, 2021, 9:35 am

Just discovered something I thought a bit strange with two orders of tat from china.

Two completely separate orders on two different listings, placed about a day apart from two different companies. The tracking seemed to suggest that even though they'd been flagged as despatched at different times, they arrived at the export hub in China at the same time.
Fast forward to today, I get the notification they will both be delivered & then Mrs N gets the phone call. We were out so she told the courier to put them in the "usual place" which was duly done. I then get notifications both orders have been delivered, all good so far.
We get home & I go to retrieve the orders but can only find one parcel, b@57@rds, someone has nicked one I'm thinking. Have a good hunt around but can't find it so go inside to open the one package & find its actually got both orders in their own transit packaging inside. Checked the label & it looks like it was consolidated in China. Goodness knows how their systems were able to group two little parcels for me amongst the thousands of shipments that must pass through everyday

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 4, 2021, 10:58 pm

Ordered a Play station yesterday afternoon from Lazada
Arrived here 12.30 today! Thats some quick service!

Isaanfarang
udonmap.com

Post by Isaanfarang » March 5, 2021, 1:59 am

Never any problems with Lazada. Many solar products and various products were ordered there, including Samsung cell phones. I received rubbish once, sent it back, and successfully applied for a refund. Always happy with Kerry delivery. :D

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 5, 2021, 9:11 am

Isaanfarang wrote:
March 5, 2021, 1:59 am
Never any problems with Lazada. Many solar products and various products were ordered there, including Samsung cell phones. I received rubbish once, sent it back, and successfully applied for a refund. Always happy with Kerry delivery. :D
Yes. Kerry delivery is always good service! Calls me before delivery.
Last delivery was with "Flash" company. Seems also good service!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 5, 2021, 10:21 am

Never any problems with Kerry, Flash or Lex(?).
My only minor criticism with Kerry is they call from the end of the street so I don’t have the usual hour to get home.

Had a minor altercation with Lazada yesterday. Mrs N wanted a handbag which I ordered from a Thai supplier. Got a message it had been handed to the courier really quickly but it didn’t move again in the tracking. It missed its 4 day delivery window & I left it another 5 days because I’m good like that then clicked the cancel button but I got a return message it couldn’t be cancelled as it was already in transit. I then tried to mark it as a failed delivery but it wouldn’t let me do that as it was still in the senders hub.
I sent a snotty message on chat saying it was a ridiculous state of affairs that I couldn’t do anything about fully expecting to be told I’d have to just wait until it was flagged as lost in transit (that’s what I used to do to customers in the UK🤭) but got a message just 5 minutes later that I’d been refunded.
The courier had clearly lost it so not really the fault if the supplier or Lazada but a good hassle free experience for me in the end

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 8, 2021, 7:01 pm

Liu makes history at Lazada
Bangkok Post
08/03/2021,

Jessica Liu was made chief executive of Lazada Thailand in January 2021, becoming the firm's first female country CEO. She still maintains the positions of president of Lazada Group and head of LazMall, where sellers operate their online shops.
Last year, Ms Liu was featured in the inaugural Singapore 100 Women in Tech (SGWIT) list, recognised as one of the pioneers in e-commerce and a contributor to the tech sector.
From 2012 to 2019, she was general manager of Tmall Fashion and Luxury at Alibaba Group. Tmall serves as business-to-consumer online retail platform.
Under her leadership, Tmall became the biggest fashion B2C online platform in China and the destination of choice for global fashion houses.
In 2018, she founded the Tmall Luxury Pavilion, a leading platform for luxury and premium goods, and the Alibaba Luxury Goods Logistics Centre, where over 200 luxury brands digitalised their operations with Tmall.
She also curated the inaugural "China Day" programme for New York Fashion Week, which subsequently expanded to Milan and Paris Fashion Weeks. Before joining Alibaba Group in 2012, Ms Liu held management roles in a variety of divisions across Amazon China between 2005 and 2012.
As she was made chief executive of Lazada Thailand early this year, she said her priorities now are to ensure the company continues to "deliver best-in-class services and top-notch offerings to our customers".
In all positions she has held, she said her mind-set will always be customer-first.
"Having such a north star has helped me in my past roles, when I led Tmall to become China's largest fashion B2C online platform and founded Tmall's Luxury Pavillion for luxury and premium goods to go online," she said.
According to her, Thailand's e-commerce industry is now at 294 billion baht, up 81% from 2019. The segment's exponential growth is likely to continue to accelerate this year, she said.
"As Lazada is backed by Alibaba's ecosystem, I can use my experiences at Alibaba to bring best practices and key learnings to grow Lazada Thailand," said Ms Liu.
"One of Alibaba Group core values is 'Customers first, Employees second, Stakeholders third' -- it is the top priority shared across Alibaba and Lazada."
She said once Lazada is committed to building a sustainable infrastructure in technology and logistics as well as partnerships in the ecosystem, this would help brands and sellers to grow all along, which in turn would be a boon for Lazada platform that can offer a wider range of products, assortments and options for customers.
Referring to her motto and principle of management, Ms Liu said: "The ability to adapt to change, as well as to help others to do the same, has always been a guiding principle for me -- whether it's for our brands, sellers or staff."
She also highlighted the importance of trust.
"I would say 'change is the only constant' and 'trust makes things simple' are two of the company's values that have been my mottos all along," she said.
According to Ms Liu, women make up 40% of Lazada's employees and the company's executive chairwoman Lucy Peng serves as a role model for many staff.
She said more than a third of her colleagues on the senior management team are females and the company has introduced a string of initiatives to support career development of young female talents.
"As a wife and mother, I can relate to the challenges that many working women have in having to balance work life with home life," she said.
"I have been very fortunate to work for companies such as Alibaba and Lazada, which have inclusive and supportive workplace cultures that embrace diversity."

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 8, 2021, 8:17 pm

Ordered a sanding disc kit.

Checked for delivery date today for 2 week old order. Message says customer cancelled....BS. No option to say supplier did cancellation. Lazada is cheap but not cheerful, anybody had a better experience with Shopee?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 8, 2021, 10:13 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 8, 2021, 8:17 pm

Checked for delivery date today for 2 week old order. Message says customer cancelled....BS. No option to say supplier did cancellation. Lazada is cheap but not cheerful, anybody had a better experience with Shopee?
I have had a couple of cancellations.
I think items too cheap to be arsed about with.
Dont think Lazada at fault, but the seller. No big deal

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 8, 2021, 10:25 pm

choi choi wrote:
March 8, 2021, 10:13 pm
Whistler wrote:

not a big transaction 285 bhat. But cancelled by customer? Sellers that manipulate by saying customer cancelled is not that good a look. At the least customer should be able to respond
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 8, 2021, 11:34 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 8, 2021, 10:25 pm
choi choi wrote:
March 8, 2021, 10:13 pm
Whistler wrote:

not a big transaction 285 bhat. But cancelled by customer? Sellers that manipulate by saying customer cancelled is not that good a look. At the least customer should be able to respond
You can respond via the chat function with customer care in your account link.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”