Vehicle Respray Paint Shops

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
vidmaster
udonmap.com

Vehicle Respray Paint Shops

Post by vidmaster » January 8, 2017, 10:25 am

Any recommendations for reliable place for total & partial re-spray jobs for cars & bikes in central Udon ?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Vehicle Respray Paint Shops

Post by FrazeeDK » January 9, 2017, 3:56 pm

ask your car insurance company where they have vehicles repaired then go check out the quality of the paint jobs... I'm sure you could work a deal to get anything painted..
Dave

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » January 10, 2017, 7:19 pm

Hi Vidmaster. Recently, I got the bonnet of my car painted because it had some minor stone chips that were just annoying me.My wife contacted our insurance company and asked them for some recommendations. They put us in touch with a company on the Khon Kaen rd just above the Toyota dealership. I can't remember the name of the place but I'll give you directions.
I'd recommend these guys because I'm very fussy about colors matching and everything looking as it should after a spray job(I thought the misses was going to divorce me when I was examining the car). I was in the trade back home before I came to Thailand so I know what to look out for, and I have to say I couldn't flaw their work.
Here are the directions......
If you are coming into Udon from Khon Kaen, go past the military hospital and go past the military base.Just before the Toyota main dealers on the left there is an old Peugeot dealership with the Peugeot sign still out front. This is the place. Just walk up the side and the office is at the back.
Hope this helps.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 14, 2017, 9:45 pm

Hi Croc
can u estimate how far from Airport as I really wanted one near central Udon
Sounds like this is way out of town

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 14, 2017, 10:44 pm

looks to me like its about a kilometer south of the first roundabout so quite close to town..https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.38996 ... 003381,19z
Dave

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 15, 2017, 7:28 am

Hi FrazeeDK
Many thanks that's brilliant as I can pop in on way back from golf
When he mentioned KonKaeern I got worried

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » January 15, 2017, 10:26 am

Yes, that's it. Next to the Toyota dealership.Thank you FrazeeDk.

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » October 19, 2020, 5:34 pm

Do ya know if it's still there?

I need a re-spray. One color. Exterior only.
Ford 2 weeks, 30,000 1 color
Chevy 4 weeks 40,000 1 or 2 colors.
Toyota 2 weeks 1 color 60,000 ??? OMB
The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 19, 2020, 7:15 pm

We just had our Toyota Fortuner repainted at Toyota Shin on the Ring Rd. They had to do a lot of body work and installed a new driver's leather seat & foam as well from 15 years of use. I asked for an estimate first and was given a complete detailed itemized estimate for all the work. They did a very professional job removing the hood, bumpers, emblems, door handles etc to do the body work and then baked the paint in one of their paint ovens afterwards. I went to view their work a couple of times and was very impressed. No overspray/runs/drips noted. Ms. Ying is the supervisor of the body shop and she told me they do upwards of 100 cars/month!! The manager of the body shop is Ms. Aoy. Ms. Aoy speaks very good English while Ms. Ying is less fluent. I highly recommend their service which took 12 days to complete.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » October 20, 2020, 12:23 pm

fdimike wrote:
October 19, 2020, 7:15 pm
We just had our Toyota Fortuner repainted at Toyota Shin on the Ring Rd. They had to do a lot of body work and installed a new driver's leather seat & foam as well from 15 years of use. I asked for an estimate first and was given a complete detailed itemized estimate for all the work. They did a very professional job removing the hood, bumpers, emblems, door handles etc to do the body work and then baked the paint in one of their paint ovens afterwards. I went to view their work a couple of times and was very impressed. No overspray/runs/drips noted. Ms. Ying is the supervisor of the body shop and she told me they do upwards of 100 cars/month!! The manager of the body shop is Ms. Aoy. Ms. Aoy speaks very good English while Ms. Ying is less fluent. I highly recommend their service which took 12 days to complete.
Location of this place please?
What did you end up paying?
I went to the Toyota dealer on the ring road near the RR tracks (east side northbound) and didn't get much of a reception. 60,000 one color and would not remove the bedliner whereas other would. Or at least they sid so. :-"

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » October 20, 2020, 12:27 pm

Seems that it's the same place I went to yesterday acording to Google Maps

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 20, 2020, 7:36 pm

Baht Man

I believe it is as there are only 2 Toyota dealers in UT with the other being on Tahan Rd (road to KK).

If I were you I would ask to speak with Ms. Aoy who is the manager of the paint & body shop. She speak very good English and can walk you through the whole process. The people working at the front desk are not much help.

Our paint/body work and new leather driver's seat cost 70,000THB which was a negotiated price. There was a considerable amount of body work that had to be done in addition to the paint job.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”