Best place to buy a decent treadmill?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Best place to buy a decent treadmill?

Post by NongKhaiLee » May 20, 2019, 3:23 pm

I have been keeping an eye out for a decent treadmill for the wife for several years now, but am not at all excited about the quality of the treadmills sold by such places as MegaHome, Big C or Global House up here in NongKhai. I have seen that SportsWorld at Central Udon seems to have better quality treadmills for similar prices, but figured I would ask the fine citizens of Udon Map if there are other places in Udon to buy decent treadmills?

I have been looking for the larger treadmills, say 3.0 or 3.5 HP range with large belts and priced around 30,000 baht.

Thanks in advance,
Lee

mackat
udonmap.com

Re: Best place to buy a decent treadmill?

Post by mackat » May 20, 2019, 4:36 pm

Join a gym. I had a treadmill and they are nothing but trouble and costly. The motor can easily burn out in the cheaper ones and the surface has to be regularly treated and the belt has to be checked regularly and replaced. Much cheaper to pay a gym membership.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 20, 2019, 5:16 pm

There is a shop on the ring road heading north, on the west side of the road soon after you pass the intersection to turn to Big C and Makro

Good luck

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 20, 2019, 10:19 pm

http://marathon.co.th/index.php/bike/16 ... -bike-home
Marathon on Posi Road, across from AEK hospital.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » May 21, 2019, 8:19 am

mak wrote:
May 20, 2019, 10:19 pm
http://marathon.co.th/index.php/bike/16 ... -bike-home
Marathon on Posi Road, across from AEK hospital.
I agree, Marathon on Posi Road. I purchased a treadmill from them with about the same specs and price you are looking for. My wife and I have been using it for the past 3 years, works great, no problems. I do lube it every 6 months, check the belt and clean the exterior.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 21, 2019, 5:39 pm

Lee, if I were you I wouldn't invest a great deal of money in a treadmill or any other piece of gym equipment for that matter. Once the newness wears off after a few weeks, you will be using it to hang your clothes on; then when you try to sell it to get it out of your way you will be lucky to get 25 cents on the dollar for it. Trust me...your wife won't go near it after one month! I can name you 6 farangs right off the top of my head that made that mistake, and now their machines are just collecting dust. Having said that, you can find good deals on www.lazada.co.th.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » May 21, 2019, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the info! As far as the advice of those saying not to purchase one because we may not use it, my wife is on her second treadmill back home because she wore the first one out. She is not one to sit around. She helps me mow our large lawns just for the exercise. Wish I had her energy! The advice not to buy one would probably fit me better as I tend to lose interest and be a bit on the lazy side.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”