Isuzu DMax Mag rim

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
thaibound
udonmap.com

Isuzu DMax Mag rim

Post by thaibound » June 3, 2019, 7:51 pm

My wife cracked a strut on the rear mag driving through a pothole a few days ago. We took the car to a few big shops that sell rims on the ring road. They said they don't sell individual rims but have to order them in sets of 4. The other 3 rims are in perfectly good condition so I don't see the need to replace them too. Can someone please give me the location of somewhere I can buy a new single Mag rim and they will replace the broken one.

This request is a matter of urgency. I don't mind driving around on a cracked rim even if it results in a fiery death. My wife is driving me crazy as she thinks I am being a cheap Charlie and am embarrassing her at these shops with my penny pinching.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Isuzu DMax Mag rim

Post by Doodoo » June 3, 2019, 8:23 pm

I have never done and have asked for a scrap yard to no avail
The only suggestion is to try at the Police Station where they have scrap cars and trucks

Good Luck

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 3, 2019, 8:34 pm

It will certainly be an alloy wheel and could be repaired (I guess!) I've had a cracked alloy welded in the past.

Also if its the original wheel that came with the truck have you tried the Isuzu dealer? They should be able to souce an individual wheel.

Final though. Check the spare in case it's the same type and not a steel

thaibound
udonmap.com

Post by thaibound » June 3, 2019, 9:25 pm

We were quoted 800 baht to have it repaired but were told this would only be a temporary solution. She bought the car 2nd hand last year. The spare under the car is a normal wheel and I suspect the original wheels were to. Previous owner "upgraded" to mags. Spare is just to meet legal requirements.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”