English School in Udon Thani (sponsor)

Where to find instruction in Thai, English and other languages around Udon Thani.
Firfox
udonmap.com

Home School Udon Thani (sponsor)

Post by Firfox » February 5, 2014, 11:07 pm

We have had an excellent week at the school. All the students have successfully written an English paragraph about a topic of their choice. The technique we use is to tell the students to write five questions that they would like to ask their classmates. Once everyone has written their questions the students then work in pairs asking and answering each others questions. Students keep changing partners until everyone has worked with one another. Then the students are told to answer their own questions by writing simple sentences. This results in the students successful writing a short paragraph. This lesson takes around one and a half hours and the students have undertaken writing. Listening and speaking all in one lesson .

To find out more visit our website.

http://www.esol-th.com

We are a family run school. Here is the team.
Attachments
Family 2.jpg

Firfox
udonmap.com

Home School Udon Thani (sponsor)

Post by Firfox » February 9, 2014, 7:13 pm

home school billboard compressed.jpg
If you are looking for an alternative education for your child and want them to study using resources related to the English National Curriculum at an affordable rate. Look no further!

Firfox
udonmap.com

Post by Firfox » February 9, 2014, 7:23 pm

The students have done remarkably well this weekend at the English School of Learning. We believe that we cannot be beaten on price in regards to English tuition from a qualified native speaking English teacher. ONLY 6,000 BAHT FOR FIVE MONTHS STUDY

We deliver courses (part - time) for both Prathom and Matyhom students.

Visit our web site and access our free resources http://www.esol-th.com

If you want to enrol your child on an international English program full time visit http://www.home-school-udon-thani.comfor more information telephone 083 454 1860 (English) 084 034 0510 (Thai)

visit our page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/englishschooloflearning
Attachments
������� ESOL (2).jpg
home school billboard compressed.jpg

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 17, 2014, 5:40 pm

Most of the " Honky" kids here speak Thai as well as English.
How does the Home School in Udon Thani operate?

The Home School will be open five days a week Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am – 3.30pm. The target age range for the Udon Thani Home School is 4 to 11 years of age.

The students will attend the Home School like they would a ‘normal’ every day school. The only difference being is that there will only be 12 students in the class and the Home School will follow The English National Curriculum.

The resources used in the School have been specifically designed for a home schooling environment. Therefore, our model will involve using ‘home school resources’ in a ‘study group’ environment rather than a student studying in isolation.

The Home School ’study group’ will be structured around a set of lessons which will be facilitated/taught by a teacher who will use many different methods in order to meet each students individual learning needs/styles.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Home School club (school) in Udon Thani

Post by Teacher Dan » March 4, 2014, 11:03 pm

Hey Firfox,

I'm definitely interested in your idea, in fact I'd be interested in helping teach in it. I have taught at DB for 8 years and have a BA in English and a MEd in Curriculum & Instruction (TESOL) and I have a Thai Teaching License. I have recently become unemployed because of some of the issues that have been talked about on other threads and since I retired from the US Navy, I can actually get my visa without a school at all--in fact I did it for years before DB went above board. I have friends from my church who used to do a form of homeschooling in town in an attempt by the church to open an international school, but they met a lot of resistance as there are many laws that make it difficult. I'm looking into Online Homeschooling options like K12 and Calvert now after my dismissal from DB because I'm afraid for my sons education and otherwise if I'm not there to protect them. Many Thai teachers who have taught my sons in the past have personal axes to grind because I wouldn't let them get away with crap. Lots of things go on behind closed doors and I worry for my sons, plus since that school seems to be more interested in money than education, I despair for my sons education. Oddly enough, the director himself (before firing me) told me that if he had kids, he would send them abroad and even tells the new DB Smart group kids just that--how is that for someone in charge of making and effecting school policy?
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Home School club (school) in Udon Thani

Post by Teacher Dan » March 4, 2014, 11:11 pm

Hey Firfox,

Why use the Thai schedule? Most international schools and even all Thai universities are going to use the international schedule plus kids who would be most interested in this would likely want to study abroad eventually and the Thai schedule doesn't support that. Over the years many of my former students who wanted to study abroad had problems getting their parents to go along because of the schedule difference effectively making them miss 2 years here. Something to think about.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Return to “Language Instruction in Udon Thani”