Health cover options

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Health cover options

Post by pipoz4444 » July 27, 2018, 4:53 pm

denz wrote:
July 27, 2018, 2:45 pm
I was with Bupa Thailand but evidently Aetna has acquired Bupa Thailand. Anybody know anything about Aetna health care?
Yes, I have aetna cover/health policy overseas, where I work.

Aetna seem to have ties with the majority of the Hospitals/Health Clinics (over here) so access for any consultation/treatment is never an issue. The Doctor does have to get pre-approval from aetna before he does any procedure on you and or any operation.

For just a consultation, no initial approval is required from aetna, but I must pay 20% of the Standard Consultation Fee and aetna then pay the balance 80%

For medicines which the Doctor may prescribe, again the Pharmacy (in the Hospital) has to contact aetna and get approval before dispensing them to you for free. aetna are slow in giving their medicine approval and often it can take up to one hour for them to give the Pharmacy the approval. But then this may just be due to where I am and in some cases due to the nature of the medicine prescribed.

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » July 28, 2018, 9:18 am

AA Ins Broker wrote:
July 15, 2018, 10:43 am
There are several companies that will offer the over 60's that level of cover/premium but note they get more strict for new applications and or pre-existing conditions once over 60.
Thai health 'WH' plans attached.

Peter
[email protected]
www.aainsure.net

WH 2018.docx
Hi Peter,

I still haven't got my health insurance sorted yet - despite your help. :lol:

Is the WH plan accepted at all hospitals here?

Thanks

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » July 30, 2018, 2:08 pm

No problem when you are ready - we are always here :razz:

Both WH & SH (Thai Health) has the greatest coverage of any hospitals in Thailand so you would not have any problems should you need to call on them

Peter
[email protected]

Return to “Insurance”