Vet practice - Udon. Good experience

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
Silverfox041948
udonmap.com

Vet practice - Udon. Good experience

Post by Silverfox041948 » August 12, 2016, 3:21 pm

Yesterday morning I was alarmed to find that my Rottweiller bitch, Emma, 9 years old, was unable to walk. We called our usual vets practice, and the lady vet agreed to visit us at home, as the dog is too heavy for my wife and I to lift her in the car.

The vet arrived with an assistant at about lunch time, and after a good examination said the dog must go to the surgery for tests. The vet and assistant helped me to place the dog in my car.

At the practice Emma was given an abdominal ultra sound scan, they emptied her bladder then did another ultra sound scan. So far, nothing wrong was found. I worried about hip dysplasia, and x-rays were taken of Emma’s hips and shoulder joints. Happily, all the joints were perfect. Then the vet found a small hole in Emma’s right rear paw, above the pads. This was flushed with antibiotics and saline solution. A lot of puss came out.

Then a blood sample was taken, and checked for infection. Again the result came back clear.

Before we left the surgery another blood test was taken, to have a more detailed screening by an independent laboratory. At 7.00pm we received a call to tell us that certain levels in her blood were too high, concerning her kidneys and liver, and that the vet would like to come back to our home when she closed the practice and insert an IV line. They arrived at 9.20pm, and the IV line was inserted, and more medicine and dressing material were left with us. I slept with Emma last night, and as I write, she still has not moved, but she is drinking and ate some chicken breast. The vet will return today to change the IV fluid.

I find this level of care and attention to be truly fantastic. Far beyond what I could reasonably expect from a human’s private hospital in Udon.

For anybody requiring an excellent vet in Udon, this practice can be found opposite to Big C, at Na-Dee, on the Nong Bua Lamphu road. The practice is fully equipped, and the staff are caring and attentive.
Attachments
img032.jpg
DSC_4095 cropped.JPG

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Re: Vet practice - Udon. Good experience

Post by Tracechain » August 13, 2016, 3:53 am

Just to echo the service received. We have been taking our pets to her since she opened about two years ago. She now has another doctor who works with her as well. Both are very good IMHO.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » August 13, 2016, 6:03 pm

Silverfox041948 wrote:Yesterday morning I was alarmed to find that my Rottweiller bitch, Emma, 9 years old, was unable to walk. We called our usual vets practice, and the lady vet agreed to visit us at home, as the dog is too heavy for my wife and I to lift her in the car.

The vet arrived with an assistant at about lunch time, and after a good examination said the dog must go to the surgery for tests. The vet and assistant helped me to place the dog in my car.

At the practice Emma was given an abdominal ultra sound scan, they emptied her bladder then did another ultra sound scan. So far, nothing wrong was found. I worried about hip dysplasia, and x-rays were taken of Emma’s hips and shoulder joints. Happily, all the joints were perfect. Then the vet found a small hole in Emma’s right rear paw, above the pads. This was flushed with antibiotics and saline solution. A lot of puss came out.

Then a blood sample was taken, and checked for infection. Again the result came back clear.

Before we left the surgery another blood test was taken, to have a more detailed screening by an independent laboratory. At 7.00pm we received a call to tell us that certain levels in her blood were too high, concerning her kidneys and liver, and that the vet would like to come back to our home when she closed the practice and insert an IV line. They arrived at 9.20pm, and the IV line was inserted, and more medicine and dressing material were left with us. I slept with Emma last night, and as I write, she still has not moved, but she is drinking and ate some chicken breast. The vet will return today to change the IV fluid.

I find this level of care and attention to be truly fantastic. Far beyond what I could reasonably expect from a human’s private hospital in Udon.

For anybody requiring an excellent vet in Udon, this practice can be found opposite to Big C, at Na-Dee, on the Nong Bua Lamphu road. The practice is fully equipped, and the staff are caring and attentive.

May I ask how much the bill was for the work and meds...? Glad your bitch made a good recovery...

Silverfox041948
udonmap.com

Post by Silverfox041948 » August 14, 2016, 1:48 am

Good morning,

Thanks for message.

Emma has not recovered yet, although she can put some weight on her front legs. The rear legs continue to be useless.
The vet is coming to our house every day, sometimes twice. Distance from vets practice is about 6 kms.
To date, I think we have paid out about 6,000 baht, which when I consider my bills in a private hospital this year, is very cheap, and, for a better service.
She is having oral medicine before and after every meal, and special medicine for the wound in her leg, and she is on a continuous IV drip.
We hope she will soon recover, but I realise she is an old dog at 9 years old.

Geoff and Rata.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 16, 2016, 3:15 pm

Geoff and Rata,

Good result and sounds lucky that extra check by the vet and you saved your dogs life.
Glad you have a good vet, we haven't, as yet, required any extra home service with dogs.
I think most of the vets around town are very caring especially once they know you and your dogs personally.
We to had good service from our Vet.
Our young dog of nearly 6 months has had a lucky escape recently with quick efficient service from our Vet for a snake bite.
An anti venom shot of some sort and a thorough clean up of the wound for infection on 3 visits got him up and going quick smart.
Our dog is one of the Fila dogs advertised on UM, he is still a pup but very large for his age at 37kg when weighed by the vet and were told if it was a cobra then it would be curtains. We don't know the snake type that bit him, but by the photo attached showing the fang marks makes one think it was not a small snake.
Quick action by owners is essential, well done to you for that.
Good luck with Emma and her recovery.
Attachments
Singto1.JPG
Singto2.JPG
Singto3.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 28, 2016, 3:52 pm

Thanks for the tips on this clinic. We brought our 13 year old dog there today for the first time. Very attentive staff, clean, air conditioned, reasonable prices, computerized recordkeeping, shaded parking just off the ring road across from Big C Nadee. The clinic is equipped with very modern equipment. I think we just kissed our old vet goodbye!

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » October 28, 2016, 7:03 pm

Hope Singto is now ok Barney?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 29, 2016, 3:21 pm

monkeyman wrote:Hope Singto is now ok Barney?
Yeah Doug, he's fine. That was a couple of months ago. You were laid up sick when we bought him for the visit to your ranch.
Snake activity has decreased around home lately. Haven't seen one for a week or so. :D
He is easily 10kgs bigger now. :roll:
He's about 8 months old now. Very powerful. Only I can hold him back on the lead. Got the muzzle for the vet visits.
Attachments
FullSizeRender[3].jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 29, 2016, 5:43 pm

The vet called us with the results of yesterday's lab tests. We went back to the clinic where he called up the lab results on his tablet......explained all the readings, then prescribed the necessary medication. I noticed they do dog baths/trimmings upstairs........so we'll be back for sure with our tasmanian devil
Attachments
20150310_082540 (1).jpg

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 31, 2016, 11:04 am

parrot wrote:The vet called us with the results of yesterday's lab tests. We went back to the clinic where he called up the lab results on his tablet......explained all the readings, then prescribed the necessary medication. I noticed they do dog baths/trimmings upstairs........so we'll be back for sure with our tasmanian devil

Now that's a Classic looking Devil Parrot. :lol:
He looks cute as my little girl said.
Hope he is in good health.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 14, 2017, 8:46 am

New addition to my family in Udon yesterday

We returned from Chiang Mai , with a 7 week ol Male French Bulldog.

Papers and vaccination certificate accompanying etc

Took him to a Vet for a general check up and vaccination registration etc , right next to Samsung Service Centre, Soi Sri Sattip ?? big blue open air double shop front surgery.

Extremely impressed with the initial response as we walked in, registration , 3 clinical assistants all fussing over him.

Hands washed, by all staff.

weight checked , Stool exam, for Parvo and Parasite done on the spot. both negative, Bloods taken and the Vet ( Mor Sat ) rang approx 3 hrs later with the results ( all negative )

They have a dedicated lab for pathology also

Booked in for his 2nd shot , this Friday.

Total cost for initial examination, pathology and review 800 Baht

2nd Vaccination shot 250 baht this Friday

Overall, a very clean and professional practice

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 14, 2017, 9:52 am

Thanks for this post, I bought my dog over from the UK and my experience of vets so far hasn't been great, the last one I went to near the airport wanted to give my dog her boosters 3 times and when I said no, not 3 times, she asked "two times?", I said no not 2 times and she seemed quite pleased with herself when she worked out she only needed to inject the once. The scary thing about it is I actually gave her the dogs inoculation papers that told her what to give and how much! I shall be taking my dog to your vet, thanks again!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 14, 2017, 11:22 am

Can you supply name of clinic and more exact location. I am not sure I know where the Samsung Service Center is.

I agree with Vince. I have not been pleased at the clinic near the airport. I was at one time but not now.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 14, 2017, 1:28 pm

CharlieB

Translated I think it means " We Care " but no english signage, just a very distinctive Blue Colour on the Twin Town House Shop Front

The Soi runs in between Prosri Road and Prajak Road, ( from Prosri Road end, its on the left side 300 metres down )

The other thing that impressed me,

The Vet uses Littmans Stethoscopes, generally a good benchmark for any half decent Dr to use, not just a cheap copy handed out by drug reps on their monthly sales visits.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » March 15, 2017, 10:29 am

Charlieb wrote:Can you supply name of clinic and more exact location. I am not sure I know where the Samsung Service Center is.

I agree with Vince. I have not been pleased at the clinic near the airport. I was at one time but not now.
Which Clinic near the airport, there are 2, one across big C and the other right at the curve in the road when entering the road to airport. I have used both, the one at the curve entering the road to airport for about 18 months but then became very unsatisfied with service so I changed to the one across big C near airport 2 months ago and so far, very impressed and satisfied with the service. I now have 2 dogs and have to return for vaccinations for both, next month.

Although I like the vets I now have, it would be nice to find a quality, caring clinic closer to home. I now travel 30 to 40 mins. each way to get to clinic. Therefore, I will look for the clinic on Prosri Road and give them a try. Thanks for the information.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 15, 2017, 1:12 pm

Traveler:
Speaking of the one after the curve not the one across from Big C. As you said, lost confidence in them

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 15, 2017, 2:37 pm

I stopped at the We Care clinic today. The sign is only in Thai. Easiest directions are from the clock circle, go past the Bangkok Bank (on your left) until you get to the first traffic light. Turn left. The clinic is about 100 meters up the road on your right. Open daily from 8-8. Xray, lab, and the technicians told me I can drop off my pet and grab a bite to eat, no problem (not all clinics have let us do that).

The doctor's name is pronounced Doe......โต

The true test of a good vet would be.........'would you put my animal down if it was apparent it was on its last legs?' I didn't ask at this clinic as the doctor wasn't immediately available. I know that the good clinic across from Big C won't.
042-182-020
089-8366254
The name of the street is สีศรัทธา Sisaratta
Attachments
20170315_132217.jpg
Last edited by parrot on March 15, 2017, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add street name

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » March 15, 2017, 2:50 pm

So I put both dogs on the pickup and wife drove them to said clinic across Big C. Closed. No sign saying why. My wife then tried both telephone numbers shown on the scanned business card in the first post - no one took the phone.

Quite disappointing after a longer ride around town.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 15, 2017, 2:51 pm

Many thanks Khun Parrot.

Beat me to it with the pict as I am attending tomorrow for Vaccination appointment.

Will ask if they have an " Youth In Asia " policy

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 15, 2017, 4:11 pm

We took one of our Labradors to the vet on the corner on the airport intersection, they correctly diagnosed his illness, nose bleeding from a virus from a tick, blood test, pills and all clear a few days later, quite cheap and problem fixed so I have no complaints at all with the treatment, the price and they were friendly and had a good attitude towards the dog.

Return to “Pet Services”