Pet Cancer Treatment

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Pet Cancer Treatment

Post by Charlieb » April 10, 2018, 7:13 am

I took my daughter’s cat to Khon Kaen university last week and she was diagnosed as having cancer, skin cancer I think.
The vet there says they cannot handle it and we must take the cat to Bangkok for treatment.

Has anyone had experience with cancer treatment for a pet? There is no way my wife or my daughter would allow me to have it put down so please do not recommend that. The cat is 5 or 6 old.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Pet Cancer Treatment

Post by Marcosteffano » April 10, 2018, 10:56 am

Sorry to hear about your cat.there is treatment but god knows where in bkk.also they will treat it if there's no chance of it surviving.you have two options,pay ridiculous money for a treatment that may work or it's going to have an agonising death..just had a farang die of cancer in our village.went to hospital to be told he's riddled with cancer.one of his relatives told me the big money pit hospital had nearly 2 million baht for treatment that all it done was give him false hope and probably shortened his life...if you did manage to treat it then there's probably a good chance of it coming back.get a new cat to help take the families mind off the problem.the other way would be to suggest they sell all their gold,phones,scooters and cars to pay for the treatment and they will start thinking logically.anyway hope it turns out for the better for your cat.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 15, 2018, 2:23 pm

There is a quality Vet School at CMU, but the meds would likely come from big pharma...like Merk Animal Science...very expensive...people are buying health insurance for their pets.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 15, 2018, 2:24 pm

There is a quality Vet School at CMU, but the meds would likely come from big pharma...like Merk Animal Science...very expensive...people are buying health insurance for their pets.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 15, 2018, 6:54 pm

What is CMU?

sharpei
udonmap.com

Post by sharpei » April 16, 2018, 7:20 am

Chiang Mai University

Return to “Pet Services”