Truevisions Channel Changes

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Truevisions Channel Changes

Post by Brian Davis » May 3, 2009, 4:33 pm

From the mailbox on Truevisions, I see that from 1 June, there are going to be some channel changes.

BBC Entertainment becomes AXN Beyond
Animax to All Sports Network
STC to Nickelodeon

There is a tel no for further information, but nothing yet on the website as far as I can tell.

I have the Platinum package particularly for BBC entertainment (and old movies), but might consider reverting to Gold if that’s terminating. I wouldn’t lose out on sport (football in particular), because the same channels are covered.

But, can anyone advise on what the ‘new’ channels will offer? I’ve heard of Nickelodeon, without knowing what it’s about. We have AXN already, but AXN Beyond? The All Sports Network sounds very interesting – IF it offers quality viewing.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Re: Truevisions Channel Changes

Post by Nick@AUA » May 3, 2009, 4:47 pm

Where did you get this information?

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 3, 2009, 5:33 pm

Nick

It's a mailbox announcement on Truevisions.I'm looking again at the TV now, to check I wasn't dreaming it! I get an 'envelope' appearing on screen when there's a new message/announcement. Click 'menu' etc on remote to see what it says.

Brian

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » May 3, 2009, 7:27 pm

Hi.
I have Truevision now but have never received this, no envelope on screen etc. i am only on Gold package which i am pleased with.
Thing i would like to know, for the last three years we have always received the program sheet for the months programs on the 25 of the month previous. Lately for the past 8 months we have received the program book on the 25 of the month it was for. To me useless. I went down to there shop in Udon to complain, got usual s--t. Got April's program sheet 26 March :drunk: Waiting for Mays program sheet, still not received :( :( :( to this date.
Cheers Doug.
PS. If anybody else has this problem will you let me know as i am going to there office on Wed. to complain.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 3, 2009, 8:29 pm

douglas wrote:Thing i would like to know, for the last three years we have always received the program sheet for the months programs on the 25 of the month previous.
My magazine usually turns up on time. There have been occasions when I do check programmes on-line with the website, or rarely, pop into the shop to get a copy.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 4, 2009, 12:41 am

Brian,
To answer your original question, Nickelodeon is more of a kids/young teen channel that has programs like the ones you might see on Disney channel in the states.

sammyg
udonmap.com

Post by sammyg » May 4, 2009, 1:44 am

Stantheman I was searching this subject to see if their was any info. about U.S. stations ABC,CBS,NBC HBO etc. on any cable tv places in Udon and had started a Post under that ? recently but was drawn to your KC Chiefs insignia. I am originally form Seattle and remember fondly the rivalry when we played against your team the Chiefs,Broncos,Raiders,Steelers etc.,etc. and always loved to hate those teams!!It always brings back the running back Cristian Akoya (not sure about the spelling)but I loved ot watch that fella run!He was unstoppable for many years as he just kept moving with guys hanging all over him for the first down many,many times.After they changed Seattle to a different league things were just never the same for me.Have you heard or do you know what ever happened to him?Just good memories of rivalry football U.S. style!I take it you live in Udon Thani?We did live ther about 1 1/2 years ago but couldn't find a good place to rent then as I'm a country boy so we moved back to U.S. and I always wanted to live in Montana as I had fond memories as a very young man doing a demolition job there in Great Falls.So we packed and moved here and I went to work for Sheriffs office for awhile until we bought a 25 acre ranch.We went thru our first complete winter here and I say wht the hell was I thinking!Its to damn cold here for me.So we wil have the place on the market soon and hopefully move back to Udon Thani soon.We already have the wifes 2 rai just off ringroad and had water and power ran while we were there in March this year.We are going to build a house this time and live there as its just to damn cold and winter was terrible this year and just finished snowong 4' 3 days ago.Take Care,SammyG \:D/

Return to “Open Forum”