Best Beer in the World

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
old-timer
udonmap.com

Re: Best Beer in the World

Post by old-timer » March 19, 2010, 2:55 pm

I have mentioned this beer before, and last night I had 3 bottles and was a bit wobbly, It is well worth a try.
As I'm located at the source of the River Nile I thought it was appropriate to check out this beer, Nile Special brewed by Nile Brewery.
NileGold.gif
NileGold.gif (26.24 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
OT... \:D/

Kaiheitai
udonmap.com

Post by Kaiheitai » March 19, 2010, 3:06 pm

I must say (having not read through all the post but judging from looks) you buggers have nye an IPA (Indian Pale Ale) in the lot?!?! What is this????!!!! [-X I come from the rocky lands of mid continental Americas and I must say we far surpass our German, Irish, whosoever forefathers in terms of hoppy fresh brewed deliciousness! Colorado microbrews are unfortunately not widely available save for Fat Tire which is frankly a piss beer now. However I would recommend anything by Victory which is out of Pennsylvania (Storm individual Stout, Hop Devil IPA, and their pils is amazing), Dog Fish head also has a number of awesome beers... are you likely to find these withing 5000km of Thailand? I very much doubt it!

And who was it posting Chinese beer, I swear there is no pissier beer on the planet than that dilute urine that they sell in China, even the national brand Qingdao (Tsingtao) is hellishly harsh, half formaldehyde half migrant labors sweat :badteeth: sure to put some cancerous growth somewhere on your body... Any which way, not to take the piss outta you Euro buggers but you long ago forfeited the title of best beer makers to us adventurous Yanks. Here is one to stirred beehives!

\:D/

Kaiheitai
udonmap.com

Post by Kaiheitai » March 19, 2010, 3:10 pm

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 19, 2010, 3:24 pm

And Heres me thinking you were going to post a bottle of " Bud " :lol: :lol: :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 19, 2010, 3:30 pm

Well thank you for that very illuminating diatribe, Kaiheitai. :confused:

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » March 19, 2010, 3:44 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Texpat wrote:
Might I highly recommend you never go to the states again. They don't suffer fools gently -- probably why you had such a rough go of it.
Re: DO YOU MISS HOME

Postby Texpat » December 15, 2009, 2:49 pm
I don't have a "home" to miss. Lived in several states growing up -- none for more than five years. Spent nearly my entire adult life abroad.................
:roll: :lol:
And I never have a problem finding excellent beer when I visit. Even if I did, I wouldn't whine about it on a Favorite Beer thread.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 19, 2010, 3:47 pm

OT only likes lager type beers, as those IPA's and Bitters tend to give OT a bit of gas together with the sh!ts.

OT..... \:D/

Kaiheitai
udonmap.com

Post by Kaiheitai » March 19, 2010, 4:48 pm

jackspratt wrote:Well thank you for that very illuminating diatribe, Kaiheitai. :confused:

I'm here to serve and protect my friend, serve and protect =;

michaleo
udonmap.com

Post by michaleo » March 19, 2010, 6:53 pm

jorg wrote: Amsterdam by Grolsch?
Indeed, but I don't know why it doesn't appear in their website. As I read here a lot of you people like a little dark beer too. As well as I think that the beer tastes better if it is brewed with local water and in a small factory, likethis one I found some month's ago:

But in Thailand I like to drink chang, it's tasty and has 6.5% as I mean.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 20, 2010, 4:03 pm

I went to the Surrey Show, at Guilford England a few years back and tried a scrumpy cider called "suicider" - it blew my head clean off my shoulders after a couple of glasses.

OT... \:D/ .

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 20, 2010, 6:34 pm

So You got a FALSE Head on your shoulders now then O/T ????

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » March 20, 2010, 7:54 pm

michaleo wrote:
jorg wrote: Amsterdam by Grolsch?
Indeed, but I don't know why it doesn't appear in their website. <>
Yes, I found it they make (or made) Amsterdam Explorator, Amsterdam Mariner en Explorator of Holland for the export.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 22, 2010, 5:50 am

The problem with beer and Sundays is that the next day is Monday. So, it's now 1.50 am on a Monday morning and in about 4 or 5 hours OT has got to be sober and half decent for work, which looks unlikely.

OT.... \:D/

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » March 22, 2010, 8:54 am

Hi, Texpat,
Just got back after a few days away and read your posts about me. Plainly YOU cannot READ. I never complained about the States, EVER, I had a few good weeks there. met some very good friends and people. Only about the beer and our opinion of it. Which we are fully entitled to do. We NEVER said anything to the bartender, had two beers and left. It made me smile when you said what you would do with the bottle if you were the bartender, I smiled at the thought of seeing the bottle sticking out of your loud mouth, if you attempted it.
Still this would never happen as I doubt wither you have the brains, or the tact, to do a bar keeping job properly. How many beers would YOU let a customer have before he was allow to leave without having to be threatened, by YOU,with a bottle.
Your comment about me being somebody else is also completely wrong. Getting to be a bad habit of yours. I post under my own given name always have done, and always will. I don't hide behind a alias. PLEASE, PLEASE get your FACTS RIGHT before having a go at another poster.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 22, 2010, 9:58 am

Aaah, here's the real stuff:

Hires Root Beer was created by Philadelphia pharmacist Charles Elmer Hires. Hires first tasted root beer, (a traditional American beverage dating back to the colonial era), while on his honeymoon in 1875. By 1876, having developed his own recipe, Hires was marketing 25-cent packets of powder which each yielded five gallons of root beer. At Philadelphia's Centennial Exposition in 1876, he cultivated new customers by giving away free glasses of root beer. Hires marketed it as a solid concentrate of sixteen wild roots and berries. It claimed to purify the blood and make rosy cheeks.[1] In 1884, he began producing a liquid extract and a syrup for use in soda fountains, and was soon shipping root beer in kegs and producing a special fountain dispenser called the "Hires Automatic Munimaker." In 1890, the Charles E. Hires company was incorporated and began supplying Hires root beer in small bottles.[2][3]
Hires' choice of name for his product caused a problem: the word "beer" drew the wrath of the temperance movement[citation needed]. He had his root beer tested by a laboratory, and trumpeted their conclusion that a glass of his root beer contained less alcohol than a loaf of bread.[citation needed]
Hires Root Beer was promoted as "The Temperance Drink" and "the Greatest Health-Giving Beverage in the World." Hires advertised aggressively, believing "doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does."[4]
Hires Root Beer kits, available in the United States and Canada from the early 1900s through the 1980s allowed consumers to mix an extract with water, sugar and yeast to brew their own root beer. However, most consumption was of pre-bottled root beer.
Consolidated Foods bought the company from the Hires family in 1960, only to sell Hires two years later to Crush International. Procter & Gamble bought Crush in 1980, and sold it to Cadbury Schweppes in 1989. Cadbury spun off its soft drinks as Dr Pepper Snapple Group in 2008.
The manufacturer considers it the longest continuously made soft drink in the United States; however, Vernor's ginger ale (currently also owned by Dr Pepper Snapple Group) also makes that claim.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sourc ... =&gs_rfai=

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » March 22, 2010, 10:54 am

Being an American, naturally this is one of my favorites.
Attachments
2637023678_487fcdfc4c.jpg
2637023678_487fcdfc4c.jpg (117.02 KiB) Viewed 1560 times

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » April 14, 2010, 9:43 pm

Beer Chang and Leo are brewed specifically to have ice added, which is a bit like the Thai language - its not used anywhere else in the world. For instance, the Chang beer you get on a flight is nothing like the chang beer you get in Udon. I don't mind a bit of Leo and ice, but that chang lager is cr@p.
San Mig light with a dollop of lemon stuffed in the neck of the bottle, in mojo's, is better than leo and chang put together.

OT...... \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 14, 2010, 9:52 pm

C'mon o-t - I can laugh along with you on many of your posts.

But Beer Chang served on a flight - I assume you mean an airline - gimme a break.

Would the world's worst airline serve the world's worst beer - that is the question?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 14, 2010, 10:01 pm

Jackspratt wrote:C'mon o-t - I can laugh along with you on many of your posts.

But Beer Chang served on a flight - I assume you mean an airline - gimme a break.
Chang Is/Was Served on THAI flights.....Had Plenty Of Cans over the years, So... Sorry no break given.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » April 14, 2010, 10:11 pm

I flew eva air from Bangkok to Taiwan, had an overnight stay there in a evergreen hotel and then went on to manila, and throughout the whole journey got paraletic on cans of chang lager. They were even in the mini bar of the evergreen hotel, however, the chang beer was nothing like you get in udon.

OT...... \:D/

Return to “Open Forum”