UDON RACES

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stokiebaz
udonmap.com

UDON RACES

Post by stokiebaz » January 14, 2013, 2:48 pm

can anyone tell me what time the horse racing starts on a saturday please.any other info.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

UDON RACES

Post by gudtymchuk » January 14, 2013, 3:40 pm

First race post time is 12:30. You can find more info on this thread.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/h ... 20364.html
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

stokiebaz
udonmap.com

UDON RACES

Post by stokiebaz » January 14, 2013, 4:58 pm

THANKS MATE,GOOD INFO

Mosquito
udonmap.com

UDON RACES

Post by Mosquito » January 18, 2013, 12:45 am

Races this week will be on Sunday vice Saturday, this normally happens if Saturday is a Big Budda Day!!!

When this happens (Udon races on Sunday) it conflicts with the races in Khon Kean, thus the number of horses running is significantly less. Checked this weekends program, they'll be atleast 5 horses per race!!

Barney
udonmap.com

UDON RACES

Post by Barney » January 18, 2013, 7:57 am

Haven't been to the races in Thailand,
Question? is this something that the kids could be taken to as far as being able to walk around the stables to let them see the horses etc. Any facilities or activities for a family day. I may be nieve in this regard and naturally do not expect a Royal Ascot experience.
Just looking for something 1 off and different for the young ones to do on the weekend. I am not really a punter.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

UDON RACES

Post by gudtymchuk » January 18, 2013, 12:29 pm

Barney wrote:Haven't been to the races in Thailand,
Question? is this something that the kids could be taken to as far as being able to walk around the stables to let them see the horses etc. Any facilities or activities for a family day. I may be nieve in this regard and naturally do not expect a Royal Ascot experience.
Just looking for something 1 off and different for the young ones to do on the weekend. I am not really a punter.
Barney, I've been to the Udon races several times. Always lots of kids but mainly just running loose as no facilities for kids such as a playground that I know of. On the backside of the grandstand there is a plot of grassy area where families will lay out mats to eat and rest. There is a paddock area where you can view the horses before each race but you cannot have direct contact with the horses.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Barney
udonmap.com

UDON RACES

Post by Barney » January 18, 2013, 1:54 pm

Thanks Gudtymchuk,

Sounds like it's worth a visit for couple of hours. Good to give the kids a new experience.
Might even dress up and go and buy a new pair of 150bht bermuda shorts. Nothing wrong with standing out from the crowd. :D

I see on another post after I looked further into UM posts that parrot had posted a location and photos for a horse riding school, will check that out aswell.

Return to “Open Forum”