Ubon Jungle Park Admission fee

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » May 25, 2013, 10:56 am

Not sure where to put this so am posting it here, relying on the mods to move it to wherever it belongs.

Yesterday I took the family to the Ubon Jungle Park, in Ubon Ratchathani. I armed myself with my recently acquired Yellow Book, Thai drivers license, and Passport, ready to do battle should they try to hit me up for the tourist price. So my wife asks the girl selling tickets how much, she asked my wife how old I was. When told that I was 73, she says "no charge over 70". She then asks how old my three year old daughter was and said "no charge for 6 years and under". So only my wife and 12 year old nephew had to pay and I had to fork over the princely sum of 40 baht. :D For a moment it crossed my mind to ask if my wife could get in free, as she is visibly pregnant, but I didn't want to press my luck. So I guess you could say that this is a case of reverse discrimination. I didn't ask if they had a higher price for foreigners under 70.

For the record, this is a very interesting zoo. It is not completed yet, which is probably why the low fee. Actually the fee of 20 baht is to ride around on an open air tram, The driver stopped at every exhibit and passengers were free to walk around and take pictures. It is well laid out, no cages. The animals are in a natural setting, separated by a moat with vertical walls. They haven't completed they're acquisition of animals yet, and there was a lot of construction going on. They don't yet have any elephants or reptiles but there are areas being prepared for them. But they have many other animals, lots of tigers and lions, giraffes, zebras, and many hoofed animals, most of whom just run around, no cages or restraints. Most interesting to see them in a natural setting. So all in all a most pleasant outing, and we will probably go back many times. In fact my daughter wanted to go back again today!

So I would highly recommend a visit if you happen to be in the Ubon area.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » May 26, 2013, 10:07 am

Sounds similar to the Korat Zoo. I would prefer that one as it is a bit more near and has a nice water park beside it. And you can even stay over night in the zoo's small wood houses (air con), which we did several times already with our kids.

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » May 26, 2013, 2:00 pm

Hi Techland what are the prices to the zoo,waterpark and overnight stay at the zoo.Do you think 1 night is enough or 2?thanks

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » May 27, 2013, 11:07 am

Not sure about the normal entrance fees, as we usually stay overnight and that includes them. A small house (hut) is 1200 Baht per night, including breakfast for 2 persons, and zoo and waterpark free entry for the whole family. This site gives some numbers but may be not accurate (and doesn't mention the waterpark at all).

http://www.zoothailand.org/index.php/en ... hasima-zoo

They have two shows, a seal (ok) and a bird show (ok for children), which are also included in the standard entrance fee.

Return to “Open Forum”