Cost of Gas or petro

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
banpaeng
udonmap.com

Cost of Gas or petro

Post by banpaeng » July 4, 2005, 10:48 pm

What is the cost of gas per gallon or liter and how is the cost affecting your everyday lives at this point. Here in Houston it is now at $2.15 per gallon. I know chaeper than Thailand but I comute 80 mile one way to work. Looking forward to not having to do that shortly.

How is the price of Propane or does the city proper use N gas. Surley you haven't gone to collecting buffalo chips yet have you?

Thanks for the info.

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 5, 2005, 1:29 pm

It is now 24bt ($0.57 or ฃ0.33) per litre on 5th July 2005 so it looks like it is more expensive that the USA :(

I heard that in the UK it is about ฃ0.73 per litre :shock:

Admin

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 5, 2005, 1:46 pm

It is ฃ0.82 in my part of town but I have heard of areas charging right up to ฃ0.87 per litre :evil:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 5, 2005, 4:46 pm

wow, and i thought getting near 25 baht was crazy (24.61) for car. hasn't effected me, i'm about 80 kms a day, 2 round trips to udon for school. i try to stay home at weekends or one trip, for night market or dinner. just too many people to try to shop, stock up on friday. that's almost a
78 % increase, less than 14 baht when i bought the car, just 2 years ago. oil company stock and profits way up, i don't think their cost of operation are up 78% across the board for producing it.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 5, 2005, 5:07 pm

And surprisingly the UK still isn't the most expensive place to get a litre of fuel, Norway at approx 68 baht per litre, now thats expensive...

All things considered, 25 baht is pretty damn expensive for the likes of Thailand :(
These are the prices per litre of unleaded petrol at 12 popular European motoring holiday destinations:

COUNTRY PRICE PER LITRE (pence)
1. Switzerland 57
2. Spain 65
3. Austria 69
4. Ireland 70
5= Germany 83
5= Sweden 83
5= France 83
5= Italy 83
9. UK 86
10.Belgium 88
11. Holland 89
12. Norway 90

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » July 5, 2005, 7:27 pm

Thanks LA, Admin, and Butcher.

LA, in the town of Udon proper do they use N gas or propane mostly for cooking. I guess I am asking do they have gas piped or do they use the bottles still.

Again thanks

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » July 5, 2005, 7:53 pm

still use propane bottles.....
www.udonmap.com

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » July 5, 2005, 9:29 pm

Thanks Falang

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 7, 2005, 5:12 am

Carrying on with the fuel topic a little, tonight when my wife got home from work, she flicked on the TV for her usual 30 minute fix of Thai news (yep I even have to endure it here in the UK :shock:) , and I was surprised to see that Udon Thani was mentioned due to a number of people who have been allegedly stealing petrol (gasoline) from various stations around the city to resell.

Could this become a new opportunist crime in the area??

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » July 7, 2005, 7:28 am

Same song second verse. a bit different but still there. When I worked in Udon during the 70's I unloaded JP-4 railroad cars. that was just souped up kerosene. After we emptied the cars the Thais would put their heads into plastic bags and enter teh cars and squeege the cars to get out the puddles and whatever they could out of the cars to sell or use. This was very dangerous. I am sure what they are doing now is dangerous to. I just hope not as dangerous as back then

yorky
udonmap.com

Post by yorky » July 7, 2005, 12:38 pm

York.
Here in a very wet and cold for the time of year, the unleaded petrol as of yesterday was 86.9p per litre.

It won't be the only thing going up shortly - 'we' have to pay for the 2012 Olympic games somehow.

I hope I can get to live in Udon before all these taxes are imposed on us Brits.

yorky :(

Just over 2 weeks and i'll be with you all in the LOS. :D

john2005
udonmap.com

Post by john2005 » July 10, 2005, 3:05 pm

Not so long ago you could fill up the pick up for 400 Baht.

no1willsa

diesel price uk

Post by no1willsa » July 24, 2005, 1:44 pm

as of saturday 23rd july diesel in bristol uk 92.9 ltr

but you got to buy it!

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » July 25, 2005, 8:51 am

The thinking on buidling a high preformance VW maybe a bad idea with gas prices going up :? I could be just a week away from starting the new beast engine but with gas hitting $2.50 a US gallon for 94 octane I dont see myself driving this car much :( One good thing is I will hold on to the no fun gas sipping motor :roll:
Punish the Liver

thethailife
udonmap.com

Post by thethailife » July 26, 2005, 12:42 am

Thai_1_On what kind of VW? My first car was a 67 beetle. Also have owned a 73 Super beetle and a Camper bus. Have an 88 Scirocco now that I was ready to put a turbo VR6 motor in untill gas went crazy.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » July 26, 2005, 3:35 am

It's about ฃ0.89 for petrol in London now I've seen diesel for over ฃ0.90 in some places. You have to pay ฃ8.00 a day to drive into central London.
London's retailers are down 20% taking since last weeks failed bomb attack. The Thai food festival on Sunday 25th July, in London's Battersea Park was shut early due to a bomb scare.

Tony
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 26, 2005, 7:30 am

I am sure that last year the congestion charge was 5.00 per day.
Are you saying that it has gone up already and at a massive 60% increase?
Extortionate petrol prices, extortionate parking charges, 8.00? a day just to have the privelige to enter central London, (not to mention the actual car tax (sorry, vehicle excise duty!!!) and cameras that will snap you going a few miles over the 30mph limit, parking attendants that obviously had a very bad childhhood and take revenge on all and sundry !!!!- who wants to drive into London, indeed who can afford to ?

Relax - take the underground or a double decker London bus. [-X

Sometimes, living in Udon is not so bad after all.

So how was the Thai food festival ? I have been to this event many times and it gives one the feeling of being back in Thailand, for an afternoon at least - or was it disrupted early on ?

I heard the Thai Embassy was warning Thais in London not to go to public places like shopping malls and parks and stay away from the underground.
Hardly possible living in London ! hmmmm

no1willsa

Post by no1willsa » July 26, 2005, 2:10 pm

thai food festival was shut early .
probably a wise move for the times.
londons jittery

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 27, 2005, 12:22 am

Yep, the Thai Food Festival was shut early due to a bomb scare, which apparenlty turned out to be a bag of food left at the side of the main stage.
The evacuation was handled pretty well considering the number of drunks that were around :oops:
The day itself was pretty much the usual though, apart from the poor weather this year, although it did try to brighten up later in the day.
Still it did pass as another reason for a few beers ;)

Petrol has just risen another 3p at my end of town :(.

The congestion charge has risen to 8 quid or ฃ10 if you forget to pay before you enter London.
You can pay the congestion charge either in advance or on the day of travel before, during or after their journey. The charge is ฃ8 if you pay by 10.00pm on the day of travel. An additional ฃ2 surcharge will apply if you pay from 10.00pm until midnight on the day of travel. The total charge for paying between 10pm and midnight is ฃ10. This is to encourage early payment.

All in all, London's such a blissful place to be right now :?

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » July 27, 2005, 12:27 am

Seems gas prices have leveled off for the moment here still at $2.50 for prem. gas but if a hurricane hits any of the shipping ports :shock: both me and my bug will be suffering.

Hey Thailife the bug is a 65 "drag baja" and ran in the old gasser class in the 70's you can see a few photo's of him in the members photo section. This is my 3rd bug "you'd think I would learn by now" and by far the most fun. I installed and old dual port 1600 with a pair of 40mm single barrel carbs to wake it up a bit seeing that the engine was missing when I bought the car :? The beast is a VW block bored out to make a 1914cc engine with a hot cam, 1 step below full blown racing heads,a pair of Dellorto 40mm dual barrel carbs ect, ect, ect. :mrgreen: Just a few more details to button up and then the famous saying. Get in, sit down, shut, and hold on :shock: :twisted:
Punish the Liver

Return to “Open Forum”