To Shut Up or Not

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
logboy

Re: To Shut Up or Not

Post by logboy » November 25, 2019, 12:44 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 24, 2019, 11:04 pm
I hear what everyone is saying here, but is it really any different than Western ideology? What do we tell foreigners here in the United States? Don't bring your religion here. Don't bring your ideology here. Conform to our way of thinking or leave. You weren't born here so your opinion doesn't matter. Agree or disagree with this mentality, it's the same everywhere, and it's sad.
Good post [-o<

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 25, 2019, 5:07 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
November 25, 2019, 12:05 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
I hear what everyone is saying here, but is it really any different than Western ideology? What do we tell foreigners here in the United States? Don't bring your religion here. Don't bring your ideology here. Conform to our way of thinking or leave. You weren't born here so your opinion doesn't matter. Agree or disagree with this mentality, it's the same everywhere, and it's sad.
Unfortunately for Canadians Canada is not that way, our laws, rights, and culture are bent to appease immigrants.
Move to America then, get a red cap and grab yourself some or that single white Christian man's greatness.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 25, 2019, 8:35 pm

tamada wrote:
November 25, 2019, 5:07 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
Unfortunately for Canadians Canada is not that way, our laws, rights, and culture are bent to appease immigrants.
Move to America then, get a red cap and grab yourself some or that single white Christian man's greatness.
Ah yes, the American Dream.....

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 26, 2019, 5:28 am

tamada wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
I have thought about it , one of the problems is my portfolio would decrease by about 30 percent because of our weak dollar. I would love to live there, especially with a little warmer climate. I am actually embarrassed to say I am Canadian these days.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 26, 2019, 6:14 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 26, 2019, 5:28 am
tamada wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
I have thought about it , one of the problems is my portfolio would decrease by about 30 percent because of our weak dollar. I would love to live there, especially with a little warmer climate. I am actually embarrassed to say I am Canadian these days.
Your portfolio would decrease??? What an uneducated thing to say, it would just be in US dollars. The value would remain the same.

Not sure your wife would be welcomed in the US, might have to leave her behind in immigrant loving Canada.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 26, 2019, 6:38 am

Ji You say your portfolio would be 30% less The American dollar is already almosy 30 higher than the Canadian dollar so wouldnt that make your portfolio 60% less?

As for being an embarrassed Canadian there are loads of them, Westerners wanting seperartion, Quebecers wanting seperation, Canadians saying there Prime Minister is a joke, and so on and so on. In my books there are loads of Canadians, Americans, Brits, who want to say ' My Country is the best and I will support it to the best of my ability. Not Its like having a son or daughter and saying "You useless and I want to leave"

You cant pick only the good things and cheer for them. In Canada, a diverse country that has some of teh Greatest attributes in the world
Great standard of living, a literary rate of 99.9%, the best Medical in the world, a country full of Immigrants and are protected from persecution. A country that protects other religions, ethnic groups from persecution (Example Rwanda Genocide), protecting the Dutch Royal Family during WW2, gun control, 2 offical languages. Oil and gas reserves that provide security and jobs for many

Canada is Immigrants and differences and always will be and that it what makes it Great

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 26, 2019, 6:45 am

Ji You say your portfolio would be 30% less The American dollar is already almosy 30 higher than the Canadian dollar so wouldnt that make your portfolio 60% less?

Wow, I hope you guys have Financial Advisors.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 26, 2019, 6:59 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 26, 2019, 6:38 am

As for being an embarrassed Canadian there are loads of them, Westerners wanting seperartion, Quebecers wanting seperation, Canadians saying there Prime Minister is a joke, and so on and so on. In my books there are loads of Canadians, Americans, Brits, who want to say ' My Country is the best and I will support it to the best of my ability. Not Its like having a son or daughter and saying "You useless and I want to leave"

You cant pick only the good things and cheer for them. In Canada, a diverse country that has some of teh Greatest attributes in the world
Great standard of living, a literary rate of 99.9%, the best Medical in the world, a country full of Immigrants and are protected from persecution. A country that protects other religions, ethnic groups from persecution (Example Rwanda Genocide), protecting the Dutch Royal Family during WW2, gun control, 2 offical languages. Oil and gas reserves that provide security and jobs for many

Canada is Immigrants and differences and always will be and that it what makes it Great
Wow, some very insightful information there. I don't think I would be embarrassed to say I was Canadian if I was.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 26, 2019, 7:13 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 26, 2019, 6:59 am
Doodoo wrote:
November 26, 2019, 6:38 am

Wow, some very insightful information there. I don't think I would be embarrassed to say I was Canadian if I was.
Utter BS, the Canadian economy and standard of living is in decline under weak leadership.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 26, 2019, 7:42 am

Well Trump did say Canada burned down the White House in 1812, so maybe not everything is that good.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 26, 2019, 8:19 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 26, 2019, 7:42 am
Well Trump did say Canada burned down the White House in 1812, so maybe not everything is that good.
Er I think you will find it was British Forces based in Canada and in revenge for the USA's invasion of Canada. You just did not have the help from the French that time so you lost.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 26, 2019, 9:30 am

Newt

What books have you been reading ??????

"Utter BS, the Canadian economy and standard of living is in decline under weak leadership."
To make a BROAD Staetement like that is a bold move

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 26, 2019, 10:01 am

AlexO wrote:
November 26, 2019, 8:19 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
Er I think you will find it was British Forces based in Canada and in revenge for the USA's invasion of Canada. You just did not have the help from the French that time so you lost.
That was sarcasm. I know my history.Trump tried using that against Trudeau during NAFTA renegotiations.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 26, 2019, 10:23 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 26, 2019, 10:01 am
AlexO wrote:
November 26, 2019, 8:19 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
That was sarcasm. I know my history.Trump tried using that against Trudeau during NAFTA renegotiations.
That didn't make the POTUS look too smart.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 26, 2019, 11:29 am

jai yen yen wrote:
tamada wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
I'm looking at this at the moment. What's NOT to like?!

https://www.royallepage.ca/en/property/ ... sr2373081/

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 26, 2019, 12:31 pm

tamada wrote:
November 26, 2019, 11:29 am
jai yen yen wrote:
tamada wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:

Can you say Paradise?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Well You are on a highway half way to nowhere
4 hour drive to Prince George BC and the other way a 2 hour + drive to Kamloops
Or 3 miles to 100 mile house Population 1,900
Hottest month August + 15C low 6.5C at night
Coldest January -13.5C

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 26, 2019, 1:12 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Coldest January -13.5C
Well if you can't afford that you can probably afford your own helicopter. LOL

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 26, 2019, 1:49 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Coldest January -13.5C
On the other hand Udon has two flyovers, an underpass a ring-road to nowhere and Le Cellini. It's a tough call I tellya.

I will have over 10,000 square feet to hide in so why do I need to drive to Prince George anyway?

No need to limit my shopping to Tops in Kamloops either.

No stinking hot April with air conditioning that can hardly cope on the perpetually low voltage. An AQI probably in -ve numbers.

It comes with 116 acres. Where in Isaan can I own something with room for me, the family and 6 horses for 20.5 million baht?

...and no bloody chickens!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 26, 2019, 3:00 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 26, 2019, 9:30 am
Newt

What books have you been reading ??????

"Utter BS, the Canadian economy and standard of living is in decline under weak leadership."
To make a BROAD Staetement like that is a bold move

Half my time is spent living in Canada....I kinda know what's going on there.

Return to “Open Forum”