Australia’s moral fibre collapsing to refugee animals

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Australia’s moral fibre collapsing to refugee animals

Post by Whistler » June 23, 2020, 11:06 am

noosard wrote:
June 23, 2020, 10:38 am
Was reading another article about deportation
Got me wondering if these somalian teenagers are actually Aussie citizens
If not the whole lot got be deported whether they were born in Australia or not
If they were born in Australia, they cannot be legally deported. If they acquired Australian citizenship by being naturalised, their citizenship can be withdrawn and they can be deported.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2020, 11:10 am

noosard wrote:
June 23, 2020, 10:38 am
Was reading another article about deportation
Got me wondering if these somalian teenagers are actually Aussie citizens
If not the whole lot got be deported whether they were born in Australia or not
If it's anything like the UK's recent Libyan refugee terrorist knife man, you can't deport them if they've already filed or petitioned as a political, economical (or just about any other kind of 'al) refugee.

If they're already naturalized Aussies, unless you want to strip them of citizenship, then don't even try. Beyond maybe Paula Hanson's clique of white victimhood, I can't see any Australian party that aspires to hold the PM's office giving that much consideration, what with their spotty history with their own First Nation citizenry.

There was that British teenager that ran away to become an Isis bride. The UK stripped her of her British citizenship so they could more easily deny her wish to return to the UK and hatch. Then the Bangladesh authorities, while decrying the British government's decision, said they didn't want her either. AFAIK, that's the only time any UK Foreign Office wonk has shown any sort of steel but it resonated at the time when Isis was the world's bogeyman. Now? Maybe not so much.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 23, 2020, 1:43 pm

Australian citizenship cannot be revoked if a person will become stateless as a result of this action. The powers to revoke Australian citizenship are vested in the Minister and are taken very seriously.

Birth in Australia
If you were born in Australia, then you would automatically be an Australian citizen if: ... You were born in Australia after 20 August 1986, and one of your parents held Australian citizenship or an Australian permanent residence visa at the time of birth;

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 23, 2020, 1:49 pm

The Migration Act and the Constitution
On the face of it, therefore, a child who is born in Australia but is not a citizen or permanent resident can be detained and deported under the Migration Act. ... The Migration Act relies on the 'aliens' and 'immigration' powers in the Constitution.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 23, 2020, 10:08 pm

noosard wrote:
June 23, 2020, 1:49 pm
On the face of it, therefore, a child who is born in Australia but is not a citizen or permanent resident can be detained and deported under the Migration Act. ... The Migration Act relies on the 'aliens' and 'immigration' powers in the Constitution.
I said 'can' be withdrawn. Not 'will' be withdrawn.

Thousands have had their citizenship withdrawn, in fact the biggest nationality impacted have been kiwi's.

The removal of citizenship is not protected by the Australian constitution, your statement is not correct. It is only by law that this can happen.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 24, 2020, 6:04 am

If they were born in Australia, they cannot be legally deported. If they acquired Australian citizenship by being naturalised, their citizenship can be withdrawn and they can be deported.
[/quote]

you have 2 statements the first 1 is incorrect

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 24, 2020, 6:44 am

Also my statement
On the face of it, therefore, a child who is born in Australia but is not a citizen or permanent resident can be detained and deported under the Migration Act. ... The Migration Act relies on the 'aliens' and 'immigration' powers in the Constitution
.was plagiarised from
https://www.aph.gov.au/about_parliament ... nstitution.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 24, 2020, 6:49 am

On a more personel note the reason I know is I have family born in Australia that have to get their parents citizenship
I have tried telling them at least 1 should become an Aussie for the sake of their children

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » June 24, 2020, 8:31 am

If linked to terrorism, anything is possible.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 5, 2021, 7:22 pm

Australia should extend its 'Dutton" deportation order, to undesirable Politicians, of questionable character. :-k [-o<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm07CBiYoDM

pipoz44444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 5, 2021, 7:38 pm

Pip, the ones near the top echelons of both parties are pretty horrible from an ethics point of view. Albo is a pleasant exception.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 5, 2021, 8:12 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 5, 2021, 7:38 pm
Pip, the ones near the top echelons of both parties are pretty horrible from an ethics point of view. Albo is a pleasant exception.
I would agree that their are a lot more on both sides that deserve to be thrown under a Bus or thrown on a Boat \:D/

The Australian shame is, that they (Those in Politics) are entrusted and paid to represent the interest of the Country and its People, but the moment either get given that trust, more often than not, they simply use it to benefit themselves and those around them. Very few exceptions in the past 50 years.

As a Politian serving for, (I think), 8 years or three Terms, they are well cared for, after their short stint in Office, with a relatively secured lifestyle thereafter. It is a irony one can not say the same for the Working man, whose money put them there.

Its like paying a thief to rob your house and then helping him carry out your TV to his car. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2021, 8:45 am

Pip.

The factional groups in Labor, Liberal, National and even the Greens are a menace. I wont go into details of my time as a branch president for one of the majors, but there was a lot of unpleasantness.

The party system is morally corrupt, America is even worse than Australia, I used to chuckle at the NZ system of proportional representation but now think it is a good thing. It has weakened the factions and appears to have brought party unity, with a better democratic system within the various parties.

Return to “Open Forum”