New food delivery service

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: New food delivery service

Post by vincemunday » December 9, 2020, 10:58 am

The chocolates are available in Big C and there was plenty of them last time I looked, same price as SEF etc.

As I said earlier, Cheese to meat you and the Havana are great if you live in town, personally I try to avoid going there, Max's selection is superb and he provides a great service, I don't know about Havana's I've never been there, again I try to avoid the Soi Samphan area, it's not my thing. Personally I think if SEF gets their delivery issues sorted it's great for people who live out in the boonies, if you bear in mind the delivery costs etc it doesn't offer a viable alternative to those who live in town.

KP you're dead right, butter needs to be refrigerated here or you end up with a blob of useless fat.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 9, 2020, 12:59 pm

Just received the price list from Siamburis (see below) it is quite comprehensive with over 1000 items.
You will need to check the website when it is finished or the Facebook page for special offers.
Home Delivery December.pdf
(988.85 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 9, 2020, 3:32 pm

Studied the list and thanks to Pal52, for uploading same. Many things as stated before available locally, however some items not available here at all, so interestingly although I prefer to source locally, I may try a fw items NOT available here. I mean this is the time of year to titillate your taste buds in celebration.
AND a big WELL DONE to Vince for highlighting this service .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 14, 2020, 8:58 pm

Today I went to Cheese to Meat you, i was in town and I needed a few bits. All in all I’d say is it’s a lot less painful than sodding around online, I found what I wanted in the blink of an eye and It’s a lot less hassle than waiting in all day for a delivery. So, a reiteration, if you are in town C2MY imho offers the best service.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 15, 2020, 6:29 am

vincemunday wrote:
December 14, 2020, 8:58 pm
Today I went to Cheese to Meat you, i was in town and I needed a few bits. All in all I’d say is it’s a lot less painful than sodding around online, I found what I wanted in the blink of an eye and It’s a lot less hassle than waiting in all day for a delivery. So, a reiteration, if you are in town C2MY imho offers the best service.
Agree BUT with this caveat, C2MU do not offer some items on-line does , so for those with a liking for a particular tasty item for snacking or eating, then on-line may be the only option. Waiting with happy anticipation for this delicacy to be delivered.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 15, 2020, 10:20 pm

I consider expat food as a nice to have not a too die for where I have to search the internet and wait in for a delivery service. With that said I do miss my rowies and mealie puddings.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 16, 2020, 6:26 am

I have found enough outlets in Udon to get my food supplies from
Macro C2MU Panfoods PF Tesco BIg C
But was interesting searching thru online choices

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 16, 2020, 6:42 am

noosard wrote:
December 16, 2020, 6:26 am
I would place Tops and Villa before Tesco-Lotus.

I go to Tesco-Lotus because there's a large branch of Mr. D.I.Y. in there but even their bloody parking is rubbish.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 16, 2020, 6:45 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 15, 2020, 6:29 am
vincemunday wrote:
December 14, 2020, 8:58 pm
Agree BUT with this caveat, C2MU do not offer some items on-line does , so for those with a liking for a particular tasty item for snacking or eating, then on-line may be the only option. Waiting with happy anticipation for this delicacy to be delivered.
And there was me thinking I was the only fan of Ethiopian baby goat testicles in aspic.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 16, 2020, 7:09 am

tamada wrote:
December 16, 2020, 6:42 am

I go to Tesco-Lotus because there's a large branch of Mr. D.I.Y. in there but even their bloody parking is rubbish.
If your urges to buy cheap tat are sometimes uncontrollable like mine then I don’t know if you already know but there’s a large Mr DIY in the entrance to the fruit wholesale market on Nittayo Road.
Loads of parking always available
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 16, 2020, 7:14 am

Niggly wrote:
December 16, 2020, 7:09 am
tamada wrote:

If your urges to buy cheap tat are sometimes uncontrollable like mine then I don’t know if you already know but there’s a large Mr DIY in the entrance to the fruit wholesale market on Nittayo Road.
Loads of parking always available
Been there, done that and is actually my first pick for low quality stuff. The only problem with that location is the awful placement if u-turns on Nittayo and the twunts that block them up.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 16, 2020, 7:22 am

^I suppose it depends where you’re coming from & where you’re going after.

If I turn right at the traffic lights on Thahan Road by Wing23 I can easily get to the market through the back gates avoiding all the ring road & u turn nonsense.
Same leaving unless Mrs N has a desire to burn up her credit card in Central or UD Town in which case I can turn into the flow of traffic (ooer controversial) on Nittayo Road & not have to u turn

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 16, 2020, 7:50 am

I suppose it depends where you’re coming from & where you’re going after....
indeed,we do not need a lot special things (imported) ,our main source is makro , and local markets , rarely go to big c, (lotus never) tops or villa market ... as they are expensive and have nothing extra to us ...stopped in villa market in week and i was surprised how this shop has shrunk , the beer selections is halved , a lot over expensive wines though,always price shocked so left without buying anything ...
i ordered for the first time some baking goods online ,also some cold sauces not seen online before (maybe i missed them before?)...it is all according to your own preferences and needs ... ;)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 16, 2020, 10:30 am

/

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 16, 2020, 10:34 am

tamada wrote:
noosard wrote:
December 16, 2020, 6:26 am
I would place Tops and Villa before Tesco-Lotus.

I dont do Tops as rarely go into central
Villa I go to occassionally

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 16, 2020, 9:43 pm

I don’t really do any on line food shopping. In the UK I once saw the “shopper” just throwing fresh fruit into the bottom of the blue plastic delivery box before adding canned goods so everything would be battered & bruised. I know you can reject stuff when it’s delivered but it’s just the added hassle factor.
I like to check perishables & expiry or BBE dates before buying & I can’t do that on line. Certainly not adverse to other on line shopping though, just foodstuffs

Return to “Open Forum”