New food delivery service

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

New food delivery service

Post by vincemunday » December 7, 2020, 6:31 pm

Some great news if like me you don’t live in town, there is a new delivery service from Siam Expat Foods, I’ve just place my first order and it’s winging it’s way from the dark side using Kerry Express, for me it’s good news indeed.
Attachments
CEE6D6CA-E2CA-408E-B6B0-69258FDBD3E1.jpeg

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: New food delivery service

Post by stattointhailand » December 7, 2020, 6:38 pm

B399 worth of chocolate Vince ................. hope they sell plenty of diet stuff for your nex(xxxl)t order :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 7, 2020, 6:43 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 7, 2020, 6:38 pm
B399 worth of chocolate Vince ................. hope they sell plenty of diet stuff for your nex(xxxl)t order :lol:
It’s Christmas boxes of Heroes and Fox’s choccy biscuits Stats, it’s that time of year mate.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 7, 2020, 7:02 pm

So long as your not keeping them hidden and eating them all yourself

I'm sure some of our mapites will be suggesting that Organic cardboard sprinkled with Garlic & Paprika powder would be a "healthier" option

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 7, 2020, 7:12 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 7, 2020, 7:02 pm
So long as your not keeping them hidden and eating them all yourself

I'm sure some of our mapites will be suggesting that Organic cardboard sprinkled with Garlic & Paprika powder would be a "healthier" option
You Romford boys and your multi cultural festive celebrations, I have a house full here at Christmas and such delights will be smashed in an instant, I’m 12kg down on last Xmas so I’m not too worried.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 7, 2020, 9:38 pm

Did you lose your wallet again Vince 😂

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » December 8, 2020, 1:29 am

Nice nail varnish. I would have done both hands personally.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 8, 2020, 9:35 am

Siamburi;s are also working on a new Website and will also deliver nationwide.
They have a huge selection of expat food at really good prices.
At the moment you have to log in on their Facebook page and can request a pricelist,

https://www.facebook.com/siamburis/

Have sent off for a price list and will put it on here when I receive it

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 8, 2020, 11:39 am

Don’t the delivery charges outweigh the inflated price of buying local or is there more choice as well?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2020, 3:02 pm

I haven't been in Siamburi's for over a year but I would think that the selection they had then was on-par with what was on offer before Maxx started his venture here in Udon. Cheese 2 Meet You's consolidation and expansion makes them about 50% larger than the Siamburi's I remember. However, with the pandemic and Thailand's easily accessible road and transport infrastructure, it's good to see them creating an online presence. Now there's an opportunity, eh?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 8, 2020, 3:34 pm

Gone are the days when a trip to Jimmys shop (RIP) by the friendship bridge was required for farang food
Many an afternoon sat there supping Beer Lao dark (when it was not available in Thailand) and then having to rush to Johnson's restaurant to pick up some smuggled boxes of wine before heading home

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 8, 2020, 4:06 pm

Siamburis have a very large storage facility not only the shop where they package & vacuum pack items.

They are now opening refrigerated container storage facilities one of which is in Khon Kean for home delivery of chilled items.

They buy items by the Tonne so get good prices and have special offers every day so they have a big turnover.

They also have the advantage of a huge expat community in Pattaya, Rayong, & Ban Chang etc.

An example of today's offers are is iKG burger slices of cheese for 149 baht, 400 gram Golden Fry beef gravy granules 99 baht and 2.5 kg of tinned crushed tomatoes 99 bath.
The offers are not only today they are until stock is sold.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 8, 2020, 6:28 pm

An honest review.

The order turned up from Kerry at about 5pm. We opened up the box everything was there, the HP Sauce was the larger 600g size, hence the price. The butter and cheese were much too soft, I think it will be fine but I won't order dairy again until they have sorted some dry ice or better thermal bags.

If you're in town, Cheese to meet you and the Havana bistro may well be the better option, by the time you add postage and packing and consider the time you spend waiting in for the delivery this service might not suit everyone.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 8, 2020, 7:09 pm

vincemunday wrote:
December 8, 2020, 6:28 pm
An honest review.

The order turned up from Kerry at about 5pm. We opened up the box everything was there, the HP Sauce was the larger 600g size, hence the price. The butter and cheese were much too soft, I think it will be fine but I won't order dairy again until they have sorted some dry ice or better thermal bags.

If you're in town, Cheese to meet you and the Havana bistro may well be the better option, by the time you add postage and packing and consider the time you spend waiting in for the delivery this service might not suit everyone.
How much was the postage and packing Vince.

like i said earlier Siamburis are opening a cold storage facility in Khon Kean so maybe this would solve the problem of chilled/Frozen items.

I agree certain items would be better bought from Cheese to Meet you as his prices would beat getting them delivered.

When items are on Special offer it would be good to buy them from online sellers if you can.
Maybe they will exclude items on Special offer for delivery. Only time will tell.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 8, 2020, 8:22 pm

pal52 wrote:
December 8, 2020, 7:09 pm
vincemunday wrote:
An honest review.

How much was the postage and packing Vince.

like i said earlier Siamburis are opening a cold storage facility in Khon Kean so maybe this would solve the problem of chilled/Frozen items.

I agree certain items would be better bought from Cheese to Meet you as his prices would beat getting them delivered.

When items are on Special offer it would be good to buy them from online sellers if you can.
Maybe they will exclude items on Special offer for delivery. Only time will tell.
205 baht for Kerry and 30 baht for the box. Don't get me wrong SEF have a great selection and the service is great but soft butter and cheese is a killer and as for waiting for Kerry...

If they iron out the delivery problems I can see them doing very well.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 8, 2020, 9:15 pm

vincemunday wrote:
The butter and cheese were much too soft....
Hi, Vince, -- Although westerners have traditionally refrigerated butter, my understanding is that it's not necessary. You can certainly leave butter unrefrigerated for a few days. Beyond that, the answer is it depends. If the butter is wrapped or in a container so that it's not exposed to air or light, it can last as long as several months unrefrigerated in some cases. Salted butter lasts longer than unsalted, too.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 8, 2020, 9:20 pm

Udon Map wrote:
December 8, 2020, 9:15 pm
vincemunday wrote:
Hi, Vince, -- Although westerners have traditionally refrigerated butter, my understanding is that it's not necessary. You can certainly leave butter unrefrigerated for a few days. Beyond that, the answer is it depends. If the butter is wrapped or in a container so that it's not exposed to air or light, it can last as long as several months unrefrigerated in some cases. Salted butter lasts longer than unsalted, too.
Definitely agree on the butter, I didn't use it myself but sister always had some sitting next to toaster in a covered butter dish. Normally took her and husband about 1 week to go throught a 1/4 lb after opening. She did leave the unopened portion in the refrigerator

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 9, 2020, 6:50 am

Udon Map wrote:
December 8, 2020, 9:15 pm
vincemunday wrote:
I’m sure you’re correct Paul, I guess it’s personal choice, I like my butter to be in uniform blocks not misshapen blobs where it’s been battered by cans of Dr P and as for cheese it’s not best kept warm until you’re ready to eat it and even then room temperature here in Thailand might be considered a little too warm to leave it standing for any length of time.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 9, 2020, 7:26 am

On that note, anyone know where you can purchase insulated butter dishes, so butter can be left outside a refrigerator, otherwise apart from this time of year , it reduces into a its liquid form in one day .

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » December 9, 2020, 9:39 am

Thanks for the update Vince. It will be good when they get a website as looking through Facebook list is quite painful as items repeat.
I like to browse and find new things that the normal places don't have and I miss from the UK.
235 delivery means you need to order quite a bit to get it cheaper than Cheese to meat you.

Looking at there Facebook list. The chocolate for example. Things like Turkish delights, boost, fry's never used to be available ( villa / tops). There list of chocolate looks the same as what is in the cheese to meet you fridge.
choc.jpg
One would assume that cheese to meet you could get any of these items if you asked Max....

I have not have one of these cakes for ages
3.jpg
3.jpg (14.68 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
A few of these pies would go down well
1.jpg
I got a tub of heroes from Villa for Christmas, but they are gone and out of stock now :-(
5.jpg

i would also like some frazzles. These are in multiple packs.
7.jpg

Return to “Open Forum”