Scrap/Recycling - Household Electrics

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Scrap/Recycling - Household Electrics

Post by Brian Davis » December 28, 2020, 4:09 pm

Excuse the trivia, but has anyone noticed a scrap/recycling place in/around Udon with household electrics stuff? As long as they don’t grab me and chuck me on a pile of something, I thought I’d take a shot in the dark and try and find replacement centre lids for an AJ twin tub washing machine.
I know it sounds petty, but I’ve got nowhere trying to obtain spares from a distributor and the machines appear to be an imported brand anyway. Not surprisingly, Amorn and Lazada don't have them. The machine isn’t mine, but the Thai families’, still working and may continue to do so even if the present lids, just about held together with bits of tape, collapse completely. But I’d worry about little hands, creatures and cats, the latter apparently responsible for jumping down on the lids in the first place! And no, I'm not buying a new 'un for them. :lol: Thanks.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Scrap/Recycling - Household Electrics

Post by fatbob » December 28, 2020, 6:11 pm

Go to washing machine repair shops, they normally have a lot of bits and pieces lying around, I know a few in Phen that are loaded with old bits, or get some lids fabricated.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 28, 2020, 6:29 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 28, 2020, 6:11 pm
Go to washing machine repair shops, they normally have a lot of bits and pieces lying around, I know a few in Phen that are loaded with old bits, or get some lids fabricated.
Thanks, I know what you mean. Yeah, I've looked around the few repair shops I found in Phen, but no joy. I'm not sure that AJ is a very common model. A large recycling place on the secondary road to the highway has also completely gone.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 28, 2020, 8:14 pm

Might be a bit far for you to try on the off chance but there’s a shop right on the Fort traffic lights where the replica planes are heading out of Udon on Mittraphap Road.
It’s got loads of old ACs, washers & refrigerators outside which the owner refurbs & sells on. I was stopped first in the queue at a red light the other week & could peer inside which looks like it’s stacked full of white goods & parts which I’m guessing can’t be made working (yet) so are in bits

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 28, 2020, 9:05 pm

Thanks Niggly for that. The sort of place I may find what I need. Not my normal route into town, but know the road for Viriyah Insurance, Army Hospital and the Rajaphat. No great hassle to divert that way next time I'm in Udon.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 2, 2021, 10:59 am

I haven't been into Udon yet, thinking I'll wait until the extra madness has cleared - Monday?, when school run starts again anyway. If anyone knows of any other repair/recycling places, perhaps you'll let me know roughly where it/they are.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » January 2, 2021, 4:15 pm

In Nong Sam Rong as you drive away from the Ring Road go straight past the army golf course, don't turn right staying with the main road. Drive alongside the golf course a couple of hundred meters on your right is a shop that sells and repairs old appliances. Can't guarantee anything, but sounds like you're on a fishing expedition anyway and never know when you're going to catch something.
The best gadget is the human brain.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 2, 2021, 4:50 pm

In truth there are so many little places offering repair / recycling , you can either have the offending lids in your car or have GOOD identifiablkke photos to show and stop at each one you see and ask eventually I am sure you will find them. I know of at least three or four , but only one does washing machines. Sorry not much more help than that

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 2, 2021, 5:58 pm

Thanks runrunshaw.

udonman
udonmap.com

Post by udonman » January 2, 2021, 9:30 pm

You might want to consider a fibre glass coating over the original lids to strengthen them.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 3, 2021, 5:34 am

udonman wrote:
January 2, 2021, 9:30 pm
You might want to consider a fibre glass coating over the original lids to strengthen them.
Thanks for the idea, but the lids are in a very poor state, each probably in about 12 pieces of different sizes and only holding together with bits of tape! I did consider a single sheet of sticky paper, but even that would be akin to a messy jigsaw. :lol:

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 17, 2021, 3:49 pm

Don’t know whether the OP got sorted but I passed this shop yesterday & thought of this thread. It was crammed with spares from what I could see.

If you turn onto Pracha Raksa Road from SriSuk Road it just on the right at the first set of traffic lights
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 17, 2021, 4:10 pm

That place shown by Niggly looks to be a parts store....vs. a scrap/recycling store. I'd guess the store either has the part or could direct you to a repair shop around town that might have one as scrap.
ทิพย์ (Tip)
อะไหล่ (parts)
เครื่องซักผ้า (washing machine)
It looks to be a good place to bookmark for future reference. Thanks for posting!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 17, 2021, 5:54 pm

Never would have guessed with the 30 used washing machines sitting outside. Thought it might be a library or a car dealership.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “Open Forum”